iftikhar
DeviAngel
M99
76 posters

Page 35 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

Copa America 2015 - Page 35 Empty Re: Copa America 2015

Post by nasir6371 Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Argentina should advance with Sanchez suspended and Valencia injured. With Colombia's midfield out and Falcao being a shell of his former self, would be an epic choke job by Argentina to not go through.

nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:30 pm

According to the uruguayan version of El Pais CONMEBOL won't be able to afford the awards for Copa america (4M$ for #1, 3M$ for #2, 2M$ for #3 and 1M$ for #4). Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:34 pm

linetty wrote:According to the uruguayan version of El Pais CONMEBOL won't be able to afford the awards for Copa america (4M$ for #1, 3M$ for #2, 2M$ for #3 and 1M$ for #4). Laughing

Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:35 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Argentina should advance with Sanchez suspended and Valencia injured. With Colombia's midfield out and Falcao being a shell of his former self, would be an epic choke job by Argentina to not go through.
Our 2nd halves have been choke jobs so it would not be too surprising... Hopefully the 6 day break will revitalize us.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Whoscored Top 10 of group stage

Copa America 2015 - Page 35 OYonATA
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Official team of the group stage, only Vidal and Messi have 2 MoM selections so far.

Copa America 2015 - Page 35 5Bv9k5u
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Lobaton in the best 11?

wat
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:58 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Lobaton in the best 11?

wat
No MoM-selections and whoscored ranks him 10th best Peru player. Suspect
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:26 pm

i love these "ratings". sometimes its like one is watching another game entirely
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:32 pm

titosantill wrote:i love these "ratings". sometimes its like one is watching another game entirely
Very rarely though, if player is said to produce 2, he usually did that.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:34 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:He's actually doing much better than I thought he would. He's coming off of two great solid performances against Brazil and Peru.

Thing is I would only watch him a few time here and there with Granada. He did fine there but it was Granada, so it would be hard for any CB to shine. With the proper players he's going to be with at Inter. He should do well for you guys.

Thumbs up I hope he can be new Cordoba for us ... and also for you reminding Copa America 2001 Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Argentina will likely have to go through Colombia, Brazil and Chile to get the title. Harder than our run to the WC final.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Argentina will likely have to go through Colombia, Brazil and Chile to get the title. Harder than our run to the WC final.
No doubt it will be though but

Swiss = Colombia
Belgium > Neymarless Brazil
Netherlands with prime Robben > Chile
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Harmonica wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Argentina will likely have to go through Colombia, Brazil and Chile to get the title. Harder than our run to the WC final.
No doubt it will be though but

Swiss = Colombia
Belgium > Neymarless Brazil
Netherlands with prime Robben > Chile

However, Tata <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Sabella.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:00 pm

messixaviesta wrote:I read an article yesterday whose gist basically was the first line of a famous song.

Will The Real Argentina Please Stand Up

The question that the author basically asks is why in spite of all the talent do Argentina continue to play badly. It's not just about this Copa America. Even in the world cup results were ground out and the final was reached but convincing performances are so rare especially in key competitive games. There are two different coaches involved here and the situation before them wasn't much better either. So is it just about the coaches? What else could be the reasons?

Yes first reason is coaches. Almost none of them had european experience. None of them would fit into top 50 coaches in the world

Second reason is players. Too much argentinians in the same team doesnt work. They all are similar at everything. Too much technique too much dribbling results in individual play and they forget about team-play. Too many individual players is bad for any team. Germany proved it. Barcelona also have many individual players but they learned to be less selfish and obey messi.if you dont pass in time messi will get angry.but in argentina they dont care.and next game they look like they care and over do it. They need time to find the balance

In national team everyone wants to be hero.because there is no many other matches to try again and you become selfish. In club you play every 3 day and you dont need to be hero today you have many matches to do it. This is another reason most of national teams suck.

Next reason is all players come from different teams (clubs). Germany and Spain were exception because half of their starting 11 played in the same club. Spain was Barca+Madrid
Germany was mostly Bayern.so they already know each other's playing style and no need for adapting.this was the reason germany and spain dominated national football in last years otherwise argentina and brazil would have 1 or 2 world cup more at their cabinet
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:08 am

In a competition that's based 'one-match' type competition, i'm not sure how much european experience is really useful with regards to coaching. international competitions are way shorter than the regular season, even when you include the qualifiers. its up to the coach to make decisions based on gut instincts, since the shortness of the competition and club breaks (during qualifiers) leave little room to monitor consistency.....no european or outer-space experience prepares one for that. clubs and national teams; completely different ball game

i'm not sure what you mean by "too many argentines in the same team", if we're discussing copa america, i mean, they're supposed to be from argentina. this isn't a case where when things don't go well you can just splash cash and sign, which is what makes this interesting. to be fair, i'm sure that was a typo on your part

it goes beyond "wanting to be a hero", di maria has shown some selfish glimpses, higuain too, but players see games differently;

its one thing playing against a la liga or ucl team who played last week, have another game in mid week, and value the points of their next fixture more than the point gotten from a draw against barcelona and as such can tend to have mental farts now and then.

its another to play a jamaican side with nothing to lose but pride who are bent on defending at all cost. in such a game, where little mistakes and unfortunate results can see you out or drawn with a better seed, good players on the team will tend to take more risks like shooting from afar before deferring to their top player

all the players coming from different teams is part of what makes international football tough and challenging, you play the cards that you've been dealt, if you play them right you'll prevail. there have been many many teams who didn't have the bulk of their players from the same club and they still went on to win tournaments. there have been others that had players from the same club and lost, its no excuse

frankly, i think argentina has done ok, the aim is usually to get past the groups without injuries, fatigue, suspensions, and start playing dominant/tactical football in the latter rounds against better opponents. i don't think argentine fans should be too worried....its copa america, you guys should be happy that at least everyone is fit

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:59 am

last time argentina played convincingly was when riquelme led them

even messi struggle to do the same

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:09 am

Laughing
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:17 am

titosantill wrote:In a competition that's based 'one-match' type competition, i'm not sure how much european experience is really useful with regards to coaching. international competitions are way shorter than the regular season, even when you include the qualifiers. its up to the coach to make decisions based on gut instincts, since the shortness of the competition and club breaks (during qualifiers) leave little room to monitor consistency.....no european or outer-space experience prepares one for that. clubs and national teams; completely different ball game

i'm not sure what you mean by "too many argentines in the same team", if we're discussing copa america, i mean, they're supposed to be from argentina. this isn't a case where when things don't go well you can just splash cash and sign, which is what makes this interesting. to be fair, i'm sure that was a typo on your part

it goes beyond "wanting to be a hero", di maria has shown some selfish glimpses, higuain too, but players see games differently;

its one thing playing against a la liga or ucl team who played last week, have another game in mid week, and value the points of their next fixture more than the point gotten from a draw against barcelona and as such can tend to have mental farts now and then.

its another to play a jamaican side with nothing to lose but pride who are bent on defending at all cost. in such a game, where little mistakes and unfortunate results can see you out or drawn with a better seed, good players on the team will tend to take more risks like shooting from afar before deferring to their top player

all the players coming from different teams is part of what makes international football tough and challenging, you play the cards that you've been dealt, if you play them right you'll prevail. there have been many many teams who didn't have the bulk of their players from the same club and they still went on to win tournaments. there have been others that had players from the same club and lost, its no excuse

frankly, i think argentina has done ok, the aim is usually to get past the groups without injuries, fatigue, suspensions, and start playing dominant/tactical football in the latter rounds against better opponents. i don't think argentine fans should be too worried....its copa america, you guys should be happy that at least everyone is fit

European experience means you have more experience and you know everything about coaching. You have a name you are famous and players will listen to you. all players play in europe. Also if you are a good coach you will have career in europe because they pay more.so basically if no europe experience because you are a sh..t coach. Just check world cup winning coaches in last decade Lippi del bosque joahim low scolari. All big names in europe and can control the team of stars. Who will listen to Tata? They make fun with him

By too many argentines i meant to many similar players

All players come from different teams is ok. But as i said what made Spain and Germany so great was because not all their players come from different teams. People want Argentina to play like Germany and 2010 Spain. And i said the reason for that was players come from the same teams mainly from barcelona and bayern

These were my reasons why Argentina dont dominate football like germany and spain (2010)
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:27 am

three Chilean players in group stage best eleven

Bravo
Medel
Vidal

best team of copa :bow:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:13 am

neuro11 wrote:three Chilean players in group stage best eleven

Bravo
Medel
Vidal

best team of copa :bow:
You forgot Aranguiz.

I'm just waiting sleeping giant finally to wake up. :coffee:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:53 pm

Argentina lacks a good coach. All argentina coaches suck. Perhaps Bielsa could be good enough in Argentina as he wouldn't have time to burn the players to the ground in a 3 week competition.
Also, they have a basic balance problem in their squad. They have great forwards, a decent defence, but a poor midfield and GK... and they don't exploit the talent in these poor areas well enough, leaving Caballero out when he was the best argie GK or not playing Pastore in WC when he was the best midfielder (Di Maria aside).

If I were them I'd play something like this:

GK
Zabaleta - Otamendi - Garai - Rojo/Ansaldi
??? Biglia/Banega?? - Mascherano - Di Maria
-------------Pastore
---Messi ------ Agüero
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:47 pm

The coaching is not the problem. Martino has not even had a chance to stamp his style into the team. I know a year seems like a long time, but in international football it amounts to less than a month of actual training.

Also Sabella is a very good coach, regardless of whether you like his style or not.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Of course coaching is the problem. Di Maria-Aguero-Messi-Pastore-Mascherano-Banega is a one hell of a setup. Any decent manager would be rocking that CA with that squad but Martino is not even decent.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:10 pm

I have no clue how we are going to setup or team. Sanchez is out and I beleive Valencia is also injured. Leaving us with only James, Cuadrado, Mejia, Cardona, Ibarbo.

Unless he decides to put Zuniga in the midfield and Arias as RB. I hope we don't get wrekt

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:25 pm

linetty wrote:Of course coaching is the problem. Di Maria-Aguero-Messi-Pastore-Mascherano-Banega is a one hell of a setup. Any decent manager would be rocking that CA with that squad but Martino is not even decent.
This is a joke right? That's the team we are playing, except Biglia for Banega who has flopped so far. I think the team we played against Uruguay will be our starting team and it's hard to argue that we have a better team available. As for rocking the CA we were first place in our group, they weren't convincing wins but this is a very competitive tournament.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38 ... 42  Next