The Franchise
McAgger
Blue Barrett
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
19 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:58 pm

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 AdorableAcademicIbis

Jesus.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:06 pm

Mighty impressive.

Im gonna be the kill joy and say jumping in the air to pass isnt a good idea.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Don't disagree, I don't think he actually planned to do it though.

Just an improvisation after it became obvious that is initial idea ( imo it was to create space for a shot) wasn't possible and the pass was the more efficient play.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:20 pm

I dont think he planned it either.

But what I mean is, I think what happened was he made the drive, he may or may have not thought about putting up a shot but he sees Pau cut and jumps (the mistake) to pass, he sees its a 2 v 1 with Monroe not in a great position and Noah is closer to the basket and thus changes his mind and finds Noah.

He could have done the same play by staying on the ground (still faking) and not risking the turnover.

If Monroe doesnt go for the fake and keeps his hands up and stays at the right angle instead of moving, Rose would have had nothing and jumped in the air for no reason. Stay on the ground and even if the fake dont work, you got the balance and time to pivot to find a perimeter player or put up a little fading jumper/pump fake.

Nitpicking, but as a point guard myself those things always bug me Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:21 pm

True enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Pau Gasol is 3 assists shy of being only the 6th in NBA history with at least 16.000 points, 8000 rebounds, 3000 assists and 1500 blocks.

The other 5 are; Kareem, Duncan, Shaq, Dream and KG
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Pau Gasol is 3 assists shy of being only the 6th in NBA history with at least 16.000 points, 8000 rebounds, 3000 assists and 1500 blocks.

The other 5 are; Kareem, Duncan, Shaq, Dream and KG

Dirk will retire as the 5th all time leading scorer in NBA history, he will pass Shaq in like 2 years (he's in 10th now, the gap from 10th to 5th is less than 2000 points) Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:48 pm

I don't see how that's funny? Dirk is one of the best and most unstoppable scorers I've ever seen. Not many players have had a go-to move as efficient and unstoppable as him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:08 pm

I was laughing at the small game between 10th and 5th..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Good on Dirk, he's underrated in my book.

He has also stayed very healthy his whole career (rare for a 7 footer) and obviously you can shoot jumpers untill you 50, not surprised he is going to pass Shaq in time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:13 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:I was laughing at the small game between 10th and 5th..

Oh that makes more sense Laughing
Kobe going all out for that no. 1 spot. needs to shoot more imo, need that 35 ppg, and get the losses.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:Good on Dirk, he's underrated in my book.

He has also stayed very healthy his whole career (rare for a 7 footer) and obviously you can shoot jumpers untill you 50, not surprised he is going to pass Shaq in time.

Yeah, his ability to stay healthy is why I have no problem stating that he will get there..

Freeza wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:I was laughing at the small game between 10th and 5th..

Oh that makes more sense Laughing
Kobe going all out for that no. 1 spot. needs to shoot more imo, need that 35 ppg, and get the losses.

This is what he meant by wanting his '6th ring' Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Can you blame Kobe though, what else should he do? He knows they won't win these 2 years, even said it himself, he's actually happy with the management (unlike 2007 or what it was) because they finally made an effort to make the team better. Hope we lose every game tbh, doubt 76ers will win a game though, horrible team... need Embiid and MCW badly.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Kobe isn't catching Kareem, maybe Malone but that's still a huge if.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Freeza wrote:Can you blame Kobe though, what else should he do? He knows they won't win these 2 years, even said it himself, he's actually happy with the management (unlike 2007 or what it was) because they finally made an effort to make the team better. Hope we lose every game tbh, doubt 76ers will win a game though, horrible team... need Embiid and MCW badly.

This goes back to him taking a pay-cut Laughing

I think we already discussed that here, no reason to go back to it though.. But this could have been avoided :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Would've caught him if he was healthy last year. Needs to score 28 points over the next 3 seasons (this one included) to catch him. If my math is correct. Injuries hindered him No
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:28 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
Freeza wrote:Can you blame Kobe though, what else should he do? He knows they won't win these 2 years, even said it himself, he's actually happy with the management (unlike 2007 or what it was) because they finally made an effort to make the team better. Hope we lose every game tbh, doubt 76ers will win a game though, horrible team... need Embiid and MCW badly.

This goes back to him taking a pay-cut Laughing

I think we already discussed that here, no reason to go back to it though.. But this could have been avoided :coffee:

Him not taking a pay cut has nothing to do with it. They could've still amnestied Nash and gotten another great supporting player. Melo didn't want to leave New York, and it was nothing wrong with Kobe, L.A etc It's just that he loves New York more as it is his home.
A lot of players want to play with kobe, Lakers got the money. Lakers rather have a 28th ranked team than a 14th rank team. Which is why they didn't sign/show interest in Isaiah Thomas.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Just found this rofl

Quote:
All the top stories and headlines were screaming that LeBron had a triple-double (even reddit!) and Game Time app has even sent a message, tough there wasn't any when CP3 or RR also had triple-double.
And you know what? LeBron hadn't his 38th regular season and 49th overall triple-double last night.
His stat line should be 32 pts, 12 reb and 9 ast. Back in the third quarter, when the Kyrie scored an acrobatic layup (and traveled, too) it was Tristan Thompson who passed the ball, not LeBron. However, if you see at NBA.com's and ESPN's play-by-play you find that the assist was awarded to James.
Here are play-by-play screens and here is the play. I'm looking forward to see if NBA is gonna change that and then maybe send a message to my GameTime app. Would be fair enough!

https://i.imgur.com/aYsv6ik.png

http://giant.gfycat.com/VibrantParchedAsianelephant.gif
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Ive seen it a million times already, assists stats are totally out of control.

Mistakes like these but almost as bad, giving credit for nothing.

FFS how can you throw a simple entry pass, Love face up, pivot again, take 3 back down steps, pump fake and then lay it up...and Lebron still gets an assist? Laughing

Not just picking on Lebron either, Paul has got this credit for years, as did Nash back in the day and im sure various others.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:Ive seen it a million times already, assists stats are totally out of control.

FFS how can you throw a simple entry pass, Love face up, pivot again, take 3 back down steps, pump fake and then lay it up...and Lebron still gets an assist? Laughing

Not just picking on Lebron either, Paul has got this credit for years, as did Nash back in the day and im sure various others.

They really are. Good read:

http://deadspin.com/5345287/the-confessions-of-an-nba-scorekeeper

there was an article on a current player averaging 2 more assists at home than away. Might have been CP3 but I'm not entirely sure.

edit: another stat I saw on Ant Davis. https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/527473607757529089 Obviously he's an incredible shotblocker regardless though
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:24 pm

dmize wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Ive seen it a million times already, assists stats are totally out of control.

They really are. Good read:

http://deadspin.com/5345287/the-confessions-of-an-nba-scorekeeper

there was an article on a current player averaging 2 more assists at home than away. Might have been CP3 but I'm not entirely sure.

edit: another stat I saw on Ant Davis. https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/527473607757529089 Obviously he's an incredible shotblocker regardless though

Not really blaming them, those Anthony Davis blocks were hard to see in game situations, and should probably count ingame. But after the game they should alter them after replay.
Assists stats are always weird. Should be like in 2k tbh Laughing just make 1 move after the pass and no assist
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:27 pm

I always understood assists to be simple as take 2 dribbles and its no longer an assist.

In Europe, assists dont count if they are jumpers/3's.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Only natural Freeza would defend Anthony Davis fake blocks considering he's exploiting them in fantasy. :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Only natural Freeza would defend Anthony Davis fake blocks considering he's exploiting them in fantasy. :coffee:

hmm Says the guy with LeBron :coffee:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:42 pm

His stats are entirely legit :coffee:

BTW Duncan and Ginobli are resting again Laughing

Pop Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Only natural Freeza would defend Anthony Davis fake blocks considering he's exploiting them in fantasy. :coffee:

I would've as well last year Crying or Very sad

Davis, Cousins and Drummond goat big man fantasy trio
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next