So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

+65
dostoevsky
Lord Spencer
izzy
Rebaño Sagrado
Curtinho
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
Wor Ayoze
DeletedUser#1
iftikhar
junkyard
Busby Babe
MaraVilla
VanDeezNuts
Freeza
VendettaRed07
Forza
Donuts
McLewis
mr-r34
Casciavit
nadinkrah
zigra
Rev
Mr Nick09
daneq
LeVersacci
farfan
El Gunner
Gil
Pedram
Dante
futbol
rwo power
Katy Perry
sportsczy
terrance511
B-Mac
Lex
elm_baraja_shaman
Sri
Shed
nasir6371
Glory
EL Patron
Red Alert
Art Morte
fatman123
CBarca
Doc
Zealous
Onyx
Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
McAgger
Robespierre
RealGunner
Lupi
Cruijf
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kick
Tomwin Lannister
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
M99
69 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:20 pm

He's a problem because of numerous different reasons, no amount of good results will change that.

I know everyone likes to ignore bad results and get hyped over good results while ignoring the real issues but it's a bit ridiculous.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? - Page 7 Empty Re: So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

Post by fatman123 Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:27 pm

When wenger gets sacked, Pardiola will be the longest serving manager in the PL hmm
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Which says it all, the longest serving manager is someone with a losing record :facepalm:

That's without mentioning the more important things.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:50 pm

I think Mole's original point here is pretty sound.

Pardew's recent string of success shouldn't cover up the issues Newcastle have suffered under him throughout his tenure.

Can't rate the entire tenure of the coach based on a string of games. Gotta look at his time there as a whole and looking at it that way, he's done a bit more wrong than right. Newcastle should be in the Europa League on a regular basis at least given the talent they've had at their disposal. Hell, one may argue that they should even be in the mix along with Spurs and Everton for that last CL spot. The very fact that they haven't is down to Pardew.

Great that he's getting good results now, but I'm not sure this is enough to save him ultimately in the end.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:01 pm

No freaking way should they be in Europa league every year, there are 7 clubs there who are better then them, making Europe for them is an achievement, stop pretending there bigger than they are FFS.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:05 pm

mr-r34 wrote:No freaking way should they be in Europa league every year, there are 7 clubs there who are better then them, making Europe for them is an achievement, stop pretending there bigger than they are FFS.

Disagree.

They've displayed erratically over the last few seasons that they have the quality to compete for Europe spots year in, year out as well as win those spots. It's all about consistency and they don't have it which is why we don't see them challenging where they should be. When they get their tactics and heads right, they are a handful for anyone in that league. It's not hard for me to see them in the EL because of that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Mclewis Proud

My problems far out weigh the results ( still in the main not good enough) His tactical nous is non existent, football is awful to watch, he consistently benches more impactful players for Championship level workhorses, plays a style of football very unsuited to what we have.

He gets rid of talented players because they are not hoofball merchants, he benches the talented replacements because they are not 6 ft tall.

That the large majority of players get worse under him which isn't a coincidence and his inability to develop talent. Constantly bringing injured players back before they are ready so they always get re-injured.

There's many more things I could mention, I couldn't give a shit about how many games we win or we finish in the table. As long as these problems remain my opinion won't change.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:08 pm

mr-r34 wrote:No freaking way should they be in Europa league every year, there are 7 clubs there who are better then them, making Europe for them is an achievement, stop pretending there bigger than they are FFS.

So a team with Sissoko, Cabaye, Remy, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Santon, Krul, Coloccini and Yanga-Mbiwa wasn't good enough to challenge Everton and Spurs?

Righto.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:11 pm

mole your proving yourself worthy one of the goats in reverse jinxing... SES might have to worry a little now.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

So a team with Sissoko, Cabaye, Remy, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Debuchy, Santon, Krul, Coloccini and Yanga-Mbiwa wasn't good enough to challenge Everton and Spurs?

Righto.

LOL please mate, what was said was you guys should be making it every year, challenging them is another thing, piss right off.

Correction: Sorry no i was right.

"Newcastle should be in the Europa League on a regular basis at least given the talent they've had at their disposal."
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:19 pm

Well we had the players to do it whether we would have is another matter. I can't say for sure that any club can do anything.

Point is Pardew always used them terribly, he's had the talent available during his time to do a lot better than he is and top it off its shite to watch as well.

Even now he does although not to the same extent, it's depressing that no one since since Robson has the amount of talent he has but it keeps being wasted.

I'm sure in a couple of years time we'll be talking about the current crop in the same way and I'll be lamenting another missed opportunity.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:25 pm

hmm.. but today Newcastle wasnt that bad to watch IMO (note - I havent watched them on a regular basis this season, ). You guys actually took the game to chelz instead of sitting on the ball and hoping for a goal from somewhere. May be an exception I guess then.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Beat greatest team in PL history. Hatters keep hating.

Pards Molenation
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:56 pm

mr-r34 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Righto.

LOL please mate, what was said was you guys should be making it every year, challenging them is another thing, piss right off.

Correction: Sorry no i was right.

"Newcastle should be in the Europa League on a regular basis at least given the talent they've had at their disposal."

FTR

I know exactly what I said and I stand by it.

That is an EL-caliber team that has been continually mismanaged.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:02 pm

http://gfycat.com/BiodegradableGrandBobcat
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:hmm.. but today Newcastle wasnt that bad to watch IMO (note - I havent watched them on a regular basis this season, ). You guys actually took the game to chelz instead of sitting on the ball and hoping for a goal from somewhere. May be an exception I guess then.

You should watch us against a lesser teams lol, I'd say it's like watching paint dry but that would be offensive to the paint.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:32 pm

pardew = par dieu = by god in french = bah gawd :coffee:

ok i need some sleep .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:33 pm

I'll go so far as to say that if Pardew had been around back then, the original Invincibles wouldn't exist either
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'll go so far as to say that if Pardew had been around back then, the original Invincibles wouldn't exist either

he was :coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:36 pm

farfan wrote:pardew = par dieu = by god in french = bah gawd :coffee:

ok i need some sleep .

bah (gawd)=the sound that sheep make=sheep are found around the world=egypt is a part of the world=the pyramids are in egypt=illuminati's symbol is a pyramid with an eye

Free Mason Pardew confirmed
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:27 am

farfan wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I'll go so far as to say that if Pardew had been around back then, the original Invincibles wouldn't exist either

he was :coffee:

he was?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:39 am

He wasn't in the PL, was managing West Ham in the championship I believe...
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:38 am

Just remembering when NUFC fans wrote #Pardewout  2 months ago...

Now it is the new hasthag of Sunderland fans .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:03 am

Colback impresses me everytime i see him, he reminds me of Gattuso, only more athletic and better going forward
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:04 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Colback impresses me everytime i see him, he reminds me of Gattuso, only more athletic and better going forward

He is the Ginger Pirlo ffs

Spoiler:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:29 am

rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next