So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

+65
dostoevsky
Lord Spencer
izzy
Rebaño Sagrado
Curtinho
DuringTheWar
BarrileteCosmico
Wor Ayoze
DeletedUser#1
iftikhar
junkyard
Busby Babe
MaraVilla
VanDeezNuts
Freeza
VendettaRed07
Forza
Donuts
McLewis
mr-r34
Casciavit
nadinkrah
zigra
Rev
Mr Nick09
daneq
LeVersacci
farfan
El Gunner
Gil
Pedram
Dante
futbol
rwo power
Katy Perry
sportsczy
terrance511
B-Mac
Lex
elm_baraja_shaman
Sri
Shed
nasir6371
Glory
EL Patron
Red Alert
Art Morte
fatman123
CBarca
Doc
Zealous
Onyx
Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
McAgger
Robespierre
RealGunner
Lupi
Cruijf
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kick
Tomwin Lannister
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
M99
69 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? Empty So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

Post by M99 Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:27 pm

For months i have been hearing how Pardew is a terrible coach and will be lucky to get to escape relegation yet big game after big game all i see is him coming with either a win or just not losing.

The question will GL keep making the same mistakes or have you finally learned your lesson?

UPDATE: Half a year later with Pardew taking Palace to new heights (also leading Newcastle to historic victories against the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, City and Liverpool) and Newcastle literally battling relegation without him, everyone on GL except for Mole has accepted Pardew as the best manager of the league and the ever humble Pardew himself is forced to admit it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3026348/Crystal-Palace-boss-Alan-Pardew-takes-swipe-rival-managers-insisting-better-job-teams.html

Last edited by M99 on Wed May 06, 2015 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? Empty Re: So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Not all time but the past 50 years. :coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? Empty Re: So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time?

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Yeah he's still pretty shit, this Newcastle side should be doing much better than they have this season. This win against City ain't fooling anyone, Mark Hughes managed a win there too and he's even worse than Pardew.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:50 pm

I'm not saying he's one of the best coaches in the World...don't get me wrong, but he's kinda one of the best coaches in the World.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 pm

May he see out his contract at Newcastle Molenation
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:30 pm

Please stop embarrassing yourself, two results against two teams who quite clearly didn't give a shit does not outweigh 3 years of eye gouging football ( which is still the case)  and 3 years of shite results.

Not to mention he has consistently made players worse and sold our better players because he can't coach talent.

So is Pardew still the worst manager of all time? 53654z

He's awful and we'll never be anything other than relegation candidates and our more talented players will leave while he's here.

Stop the nonsense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Moel living in the past and refusing to accept the present reality Sad

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:42 pm

Was waiting for Mole to show up Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:46 pm

he doesn't have much to work with really, he has bunch of youth and likes of obertan. sorry but i think that's as much as he can do
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Came to agree with Mole

Left disappointed

+1 M99
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:53 am

He deserves a renewal imo
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:57 am

Alan Pardew: I know what I am doing at Newcastle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29828009

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:58 am

RealGunner wrote:Came to agree with Mole

Left disappointed

+1 M99

rofl
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:59 am

He will be the chosen one to give again a trophy to Newcastle ? hmm
hmm
Newcastle should aim all for League Cup this year
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:26 am

It's amazing how he manages to keep Newcastle competitive in the league despite players regularly leaving and attitude problems from the likes of Ben Arfa. Truly a wonderful manager and human being. Can see him earning a knighthood after he retires.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:30 am

It will be a travesty if he doesn't get knighted.

He's done so well with an ungrateful fanbase and mercenary players.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:31 am

I cam here to agree with M99

I left, pleased.

+1 Mole.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 am

M99WinsLol hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:48 am

Lupi wrote:he doesn't have much to work with really, he has bunch of youth and likes of obertan. sorry but i think that's as much as he can do

That's still not an excuse for being the worst team in the league since the start of 2014.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Lupi wrote:he doesn't have much to work with really, he has bunch of youth and likes of obertan. sorry but i think that's as much as he can do

That's still not an excuse for being the worst team in the league since the start of 2014.

Another example of how unfair the fanbase is to him. If Newcastle was the worst team on the league, they would have been 20th #SimpleLogic It really is sad to see how the fans treat him, lesser men would have broke and resigned but Pardew knows that the club needs him and keeps his head high and keeps on fighting the good fight.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:03 pm

M99 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Another example of how unfair the fanbase is to him. If Newcastle was the worst team on the league, they would have been 20th #SimpleLogic It really is sad to see how the fans treat him, lesser men would have broke and resigned but Pardew knows that the club needs him and keeps his head high and keeps on fighting the good fight.

Absolutely true.
I'd go as far as to say that he is to places 10th-17th what arsene Wenger is to 4th.
Keeps being challenged and abused by fickle and ungrateful fans who thinks it's a walk in the park to win the league/finish in the upper half.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Worst manager in the league for finishing midtable.... with a midtable team. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Wort team in the year 2014 means nothing lmao.

What's this obsession with calender years? The only thing that counts is the actual season and Newcastle are currently far from being the worst team (hello Burnely and QPR).

Not saying Pardew is killing it but you can't just shift the goal posts. Judge a manager for his work during a season.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:53 pm

It matters because since Cabaye left in the beginning of January and no one carried him anymore we have been the worst team in the league.

It's not me whose moving the goal posts, it's everyone here. He's been beyond shit for 3 years, yet 2 wins against teams who quite clearly didn't give a shit changes everything.

I don't care how many fluke wins he gets. He'll always be the manager who can't coach talent, sells said talented players for average journey men and at the same time plays the worst football in the world.

We are talking about a man who genuinely does make a Allardyce look like he is good enough to manage Real Madrid like he claims.

I have posted enough evidence to show why he should have been sacked over and over again. If you are going to ignore that because he fluked a cup run then kindly shut up.

I'm not surprised though, none of you know what it's like to have an incompetent manager in charge for 3 years. At any other club he would have been sacked in 2012, but nah we are still here watching shite football and seeing the best players leave because they can't deal with the ball constantly flung over their heads.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Carlos Quieroz (rubbish)/Jose Antonio Camacho (more rubbish and surprisingly soft)/Mariano Garcia Ramon (who?)/Vanderlei Luxembergo (sh1t)/Juan Ramon Lopez Caro (unknown and more rubbish).

2003 - 2006. During which Real won a complete total of 1 trophy. I bet you can guess what that trophy was. I know about rubbish and incompetent manager(s) quite well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next