How big of a pounding are Chelsea going to put on the EPL?

+42
Doc
halamadrid2
Kuru
Pedram
fatman123
B-Mac
sk3ptical
Donuts
Wor Ayoze
guest_07
futbol
Hapless_Hans
Gil
zigra
El Gunner
Art Morte
Lex
M99
iftikhar
Glory
Rev
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lupi
Shed
RealGunner
Curtinho
BarcaLearning
Blue Barrett
RED
The Franchise
CBarca
Rafael Benitez
mr-r34
lszanto
BarrileteCosmico
Be/\/ceCALI
Abramovich
DeletedUser#1
McAgger
nasir6371
Valkyrja
Dnmac4
46 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How big of a pounding are Chelsea going to put on the EPL? Empty How big of a pounding are Chelsea going to put on the EPL?

Post by Dnmac4 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 0:22

8 games into the EPL season it seems no one is disputing Chelsea are going to walk the league.  I see EPL fans arguing with each other but with 30 games left no one seems to think they can actually win the league, there arguing over who will finish 3rd.

I have said for a long time pretty much for the last decade or so if Real or Barca were in the EPL they would walk the league because they are elite teams with elite players etc and that is why La Liga in some seasons seems so easy for them.

Well, welcome to the club.  Chelsea are an Elite team that you could place in any league and they would be at worst co-favorites to win it (La Liga. Every other league they walk)  None of the other "upper-crust" EPL teams seem to have gotten any better from last season even with the vast amount of money they have spent on players.

I really don't mean to flame but the EPL looks quite pathetic this year.  Arsenal are a disaster, Liverpool sold one of the top 5 players in the world and bought crap to replace him, United have all sorts of cool new toys to play with but forgot to buy a defense, and City is good but not as good as last year.

So the two questions I have is,

1)How many points will Chelsea win the EPL by? (I would say 15-20)
2)What will the gap be between Chelsea and the 3rd place team be? (25+?)

And I ask these questions with complete understanding that the gap in La Liga in past seasons between 1st and 3rd place has been a total joke and not even a competition.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How big of a pounding are Chelsea going to put on the EPL? Empty Re: How big of a pounding are Chelsea going to put on the EPL?

Post by Valkyrja Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 0:26

They're also top contenders for UCL with Bayern, Barca and Real.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How big of a pounding are Chelsea going to put on the EPL? Empty Re: How big of a pounding are Chelsea going to put on the EPL?

Post by Dnmac4 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 0:29

Yep, no doubt. I don't know if Chelsea goes into any game on a neutral field as an underdog.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 0:30

They probably will lead the PL table until Cesc disappears sometime after January, Specially with no winter break.

City to swoop in an win the league. As for the CL, should make the qrts easily and if lucky Semis.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 0:37

They'll lose soon. Can't see them going undefeated the whole season. If anyone can do it, it may as well be us at Anfield in a couple of weeks.

But yeah they are heavy favorites for the title with only City as the contender.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 0:40

People clown the Bundesliga but the gap between 1 and 2 so far in that league is less than the Gap between Chelsea and Blue Manchester, and it will be even bigger if Lampard was not such a liar.

Chelsea have a nightmare run the next two weeks though(Red Manchester,QPR,Liverpool). If they come out of that still 3 points to the good they might be able to walk the league. I expect the Bold to take points from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 0:41

nasir6371 wrote:They probably will lead the PL table until Cesc disappears sometime after January, Specially with no winter break.

City to swoop in an win the league. As for the CL, should make the qrts easily and if lucky Semis.

I don't know man, and I have been a City supporter as my favorite EPL team (just for the fact I hate how everyone suddenly turns into an elitist snob when a team gets a rich benefactor to help them be good. Not to mention I believe it's racist to keep mentioning oil to remind everyone it's those sneaky Arabs and there oil who are ruining the league yet no one mentions where the Glazers, Abromovich, Berlusconi etc get there money. And there seems to be some arbitrary date where having a rich owner is fine but after that it's cheating)

But without Yaya firing at 100% and an Aguero injury always around the corner I just don't see City keeping up with the pace. Chelsea would have to come back to them not vice versa and I just don't see that happening.

I would love to see it happen (I hate Mou and don't particularly love Chelsea) but I wouldn't by that stock with your money.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 0:49

Betty La Fea wrote:People clown the Bundesliga but the gap between 1 and 2 so far in that league is less than the Gap between Chelsea and Blue Manchester, and it will be even bigger if Lampard was not such a liar.

Chelsea have a nightmare run the next two weeks though(Red Manchester,QPR,Liverpool). If they come out of that still 3 points to the good they might be able to walk the league. I expect the Bold to take points from them.

Again, I hope so as I hate Mou and have never been shy about it and we will have to hear all season long how he walks on water and is a god for saying his team has "big balls" being the reason they beat Crystal Palace.

BTW, if anyone else said that they would be laughed out of the room. Could you imagine Carlo or Wenger or Rodgers saying that after beating Crystal Palace? But there playing well and the English media eats it up so I can't really say anything.

BTW Chelsea are going to Pulverize United, Pool and QPR. 9 points easy.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 0:56

^ they barely beat 10 men Crystal Palace managed by a manager that gave the game away before it even started....so calm down.

They are co-favourites to win the league, but their gap with City won't be more than 5 points.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 1:37

We going to lose vs Man Utd on Sunday so not sure about this title.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 1:44

If Costa doesn't get injured I think they will win the league for sure. Even without Costa they're probably still favorites, but I don't think they're nearly as scary as a goal threat without him and attacking wise he helps their build-up as well. I agree with you that Wenger or Carlo etc would get grilled hard if they said something like "big balls" , but Mou is getting the results and everyone knows how he is, especially when super high on confidence. The United match will be a great one imo.

You're right about us being a disaster atm. Theo's return should give the team a boost assuming he hits his pre-injury form soon, and Ramsey will be back soon. Sanchez needs help because he can't be doing everything on his own, though he is a machine with the heart of a lion. Our defense needs to get their shit together. Mertesacker especially, Kos has played through an injury and it really showed vs Chelsea and I rate him as a top CB when healthy so I will cut him some slack.

I have a weird feeling that City won't be as consistent this season as they were last season. They just don't look very convincing to me.

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 3:23

I fail to see how City can't compete with them. A 5 point lead is not that insurmountable with 30 games left to go. If Aguero stays fit I can see them winning the league even, although that is a big if.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 3:47

Natalie Portman wrote:^ they barely beat 10 men Crystal Palace managed by a manager that gave the game away before it even started....so calm down.

They are co-favourites to win the league, but their gap with City won't be more than 5 points.

wat? I love how you fail to mention we went down to 10 men aswell Laughing never in doubt.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 3:48

It won't be like the German and Spanish League were this becomes the norm, Max last 2 seasons.

1) 1-10
2)15-20
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 4:19

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I fail to see how City can't compete with them. A 5 point lead is not that insurmountable with 30 games left to go. If Aguero stays fit I can see them winning the league even, although that is a big if.

Aguero never stays fit. He makes a good amount of "appearances" in league but a lot are as a sub coming off injury.

Don't get me wrong, I love Aguero but if anyone is banking on him being fit to compete in the league than that's a losing bet.

Not to mention Yaya is one of my favorite players but he's not scoring 20 goals this year as he's in a funk that looks like at best will only wreck part of his season at worst his whole season.

I mean there the second best team in the league by a long shot but I think there way off the pace by the end of the year. Chelsea are just going to put too much pressure on them to win every week.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 4:24

Abramovich wrote:We going to lose vs Man Utd on Sunday so not sure about this title.

LOL, that's not going to happen. Again, I hate Mou but one thing you can't argue with is that his team will tear apart unorganized teams.

United is about the biggest hodgepodge of really good players actually playing very unorganized and there defense is atrocious.

That game will get ugly quick. The second goal Brom scored today was so wide open I was shocked.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Benitez Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 5:16

It's perfect timing tbh. Every team is in transition (Liverpool replacing Suarez, Man U replacing saf, etc.) while Chelsea have mostly a full team

Rafael Benitez
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 5:56

Could easily see Man City challenging them Laughing

It will be close between those two. Don't think Chelsea will walk it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 14:05

CBarca wrote:Could easily see Man City challenging them Laughing

It will be close between those two. Don't think Chelsea will walk it.

Same here, dont get the Chelsea hype. They are obviously a very strong team with incredible depth, but City are too. Chelsea are a bigger danger in the CL, but in the PL they are similar level.

Aguero is injury prone, but Costa is the one who looks more like breaking down at the moment.

Only 2 months left before Cesc turns into a defensive turnstile and going MIA in the midfield.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 15:26

We'll beat them on Sunday.

Let's see if Mouthinho has the balls to play an open game against us.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 24 Oct 2014 - 3:21

Natalie Portman wrote:^ they barely beat 10 men Crystal Palace managed by a manager that gave the game away before it even started....so calm down.

Don't think we'll walk the league or any other bold claims in this thread but I just want to say this is complete nonsense Laughing

Both teams were down to 10 men. We could have scored up to 4 in that match. Completely dominated the match from late in the first half till the end. We had 72% possession(again, we were both down to 10 men, both down 1 defender). We broke the league record for most passes attempted by an away team(previous record was Arsenal).

How big of a pounding are Chelsea going to put on the EPL? Captur11

So, as I said, I don't agree we're going to walk the league but don't say we "barely beat a 10 man Crystal Palace". They sneaked in a consolation goal at the end off a silly error. Just say you didn't watch the match mate Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 24 Oct 2014 - 3:25

RED wrote:We'll beat them on Sunday.

Let's see if Mouthinho has the balls to play an open game against us.

Not exactly terrifying to attack your defence seeing how weak your lot are there. Berahino was making runs from midfield into your defence for fun. Think Hazard can do that as well.

I think we'll still lose a game or two but we won't lose to United or QPR or Liverpool.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat 25 Oct 2014 - 16:43

I like Man C more for their way of playing, and gotta say I dont think Chelsea as much due to style and Mou mainly Razz

But its really proving to be true atm. Another key obviously is Mou > Pellegrini, thats clear Razz

Wenger is Wenger and Arsenal will just like this at best if he doesnt leave Razz Liverpool drop in level is predicted. So funny to say now, for the good of the league, I hope Man U actually challenge Chelsea a bit Razz Otherwise, Chelsea could really walk it....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat 25 Oct 2014 - 17:58

Like I said before the season...Chelsea will easily win the league.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun 26 Oct 2014 - 3:25

Bump my own thread. I'll look pretty dumb if Chelsea lose to United tomorrow but I really don't see that happening.

This league is going to get ugly quick. Like I said in my original post I'd be surprised if Chelsea don't win the league by 15-20 points.

And the point gap between them and the third place team is going to be massive.

Maybe if City get knocked out of Europe quick they can pull a Liverpool and just concentrate domestically but even then I don't see them being a threat to win or challenge.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next