VendettaRed07
Sri
djoe26
Raptorgunner
26 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should jack Start?

Do we play better without Jack?  - Page 5 Vote_lcap53%Do we play better without Jack?  - Page 5 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 8 ]
Do we play better without Jack?  - Page 5 Vote_lcap47%Do we play better without Jack?  - Page 5 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 15

Do we play better without Jack?  - Page 5 Empty Re: Do we play better without Jack?

Post by Sri Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:28 pm

@Rapz - They can. That's why you have consoles which support more than one controller :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Do we play better without Jack?  - Page 5 Empty Re: Do we play better without Jack?

Post by Sri Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:30 pm

Do we play better without Jack?  - Page 5 Oh-noes-everybody-panic

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:32 pm

srigooner wrote:@Rapz - They can. That's why you have consoles which support more than one controller :coffee:

https://i.imgur.com/WhD57wy.gifv
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:38 pm

MJ wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:but what I don't get is how it is somehow a stupid thing Wilshere did. He did nothing. He's there with friends in a bar or something, and there's a shisha. That's nothing, period. Nothing to see.

People have cellphones with cameras everywhere, it's so easy to get photographed in some kind of way, just cut those players some slack.

If it were only one incident, sure. And if Wenger hadn't already publicly stated his discontent (plus this whole Szczesny thing already causing enough unwanted bs at the club) then maybe. And to top it off, he's never hit the form we all want/expect him to so to see him disappoint off of the pitch is annoying.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him but it's just tough love. Plus, you don't really have to pose with a hookah hose Laughing

The way I see it, he just has a smoke now and then, maybe a cigarette, or shisha in a bar like the kids for some reason all do.
It's just not a big deal. A lot of footballers do. Why shouldn't they.
And I don't think he 'poses', it just that everything gets photographed all the time.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
MJ wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:but what I don't get is how it is somehow a stupid thing Wilshere did. He did nothing. He's there with friends in a bar or something, and there's a shisha. That's nothing, period. Nothing to see.

People have cellphones with cameras everywhere, it's so easy to get photographed in some kind of way, just cut those players some slack.

If it were only one incident, sure. And if Wenger hadn't already publicly stated his discontent (plus this whole Szczesny thing already causing enough unwanted bs at the club) then maybe. And to top it off, he's never hit the form we all want/expect him to so to see him disappoint off of the pitch is annoying.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him but it's just tough love. Plus, you don't really have to pose with a hookah hose Laughing

The way I see it, he just has a smoke now and then, maybe a cigarette, or shisha in a bar like the kids for some reason all do.
It's just not a big deal. A lot of footballers do. Why shouldn't they.
And I don't think he 'poses', it just that everything gets photographed all the time.

Exactly. Man people do these things everyday. FFS just people who still have this beautiful view of the world that people should act as role models and shit.

FFS go out and have a drink and smoke a blunt and live your life the way you want it.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Pro athletes have a pretty short career lifespan, I don't see the point in not keeping your body in supreme condition for the duration of that 10-15 year career when that's your trade and you're contractually obliged not to harm your body or do stupid sh*t that you know the manager/club wouldn't like.

Also worth keeping in mind that the fact that it's public is what makes this annoying, if you have to have your occasional drink or smoke then try to keep it out of the public eye. Especially if it's your 42134th offense.

Again, it's not a one-off, that's not why I'm critical of him and if Wenger wasn't openly anti-smoking and drinking + if he hadn't already publicly reprimanded Wilshere about it then it would be a different story.

El, I'm gonna go all John Henry on you rn but what are you smoking ffs.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:05 am

El Gunner wrote:Meh lil bit of shisha never did no harm.

Actually, recent studies have shown it's worse than cigarettes.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:35 am

Kick wrote:

Don't think these are too recent, been known for at least a decade now. hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:47 am

srigooner wrote:
Kick wrote:

The point remains.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:51 am

Kick wrote:
srigooner wrote:
Kick wrote:

The point remains.

Of course. Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 am

Yeah I guess Jack should be a bit more responsible.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:48 am

Kick wrote:

No? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:35 am

El Gunner wrote:
Kick wrote:

No? hmm

I'm not saying it will do him harm, but it's not harmless.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:54 am

Conflicting findings. Some have found that it increases the amount of nicotine intake but not necessarily as much of an immediate effect and some have claimed the opposite.

Either way, I can personally attest to how crap it is for your fitness Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:51 pm

There's this one dude at my former high school. Smokes (literally almost anything) and drinks, come athletics season he just trains for 2 weeks, then he's one of the top dawgs in 400m and 100m Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Not sure if your former school was so shizz or .... Suspect

But in principle, I agree though.. Some people just have massive stamina to pull that kind of stuff off..

However, comparing a 100m and 400m wil top tier European football is just rofl

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:59 pm

Meh wasn't really comparing the two, only responded to MJ's post above about the fitness thing.

I like to think it was very competitive. Back in primary school I was the shit when I came to high school, first year I had to take on 800m instead, when 100m, 200m and long jump was my usuals rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:02 pm

lol let's not get into old wives' tales about "I knew this guy who"

This is professional football we're talking about, I think players should be keeping their bodies in perfect condition as much as they can because they don't have their entire lives to play for the amount of money they're making.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:23 pm

+1 MJ

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:54 pm

MJ wrote:lol let's not get into old wives' tales about "I knew this guy who"

This is professional football we're talking about, I think players should be keeping their bodies in perfect condition as much as they can because they don't have their entire lives to play for the amount of money they're making.

Yeah, the problem is many tend to get complacent when they reach a certain level. Don't know whatcha got till its gone, as they say.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:53 am

Jesus Christ I was just telling a story, didn't mean anything with it.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:59 am

Laughing Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:16 am

lol chill fam Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:19 pm

This jinx Mad Go on a mini winning streak, dmac bumps the thread then we lose to Southampton. Go on another winning streak, dmac bumps this thread then we lose the Derby Mad stop!
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:23 pm

It's obvious the universe objects to Dnmac, and Arsenal are collateral damage hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:56 pm

Ozil just bought Jack an early birthday present. drinking
Spoiler:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next