Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
S
DeviAngel
farfan
86 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Rafael Benitez  Sack Watch - Madrid Edition - Page 13 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez Sack Watch - Madrid Edition

Post by Freeza Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:26 am

Rafa played Lucas Vazquez over James freaking Rodriguez when needing a win. Not much else is needed to be added. I still think a sacking is wrong and that the power structure in our club is the most glaring problem. But holy hell is Rafa retarded in his man management.

Can't play good football. Probably the worst big game manager we've ever had so far.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez  Sack Watch - Madrid Edition - Page 13 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez Sack Watch - Madrid Edition

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:31 am

Madrid are a joke team. Despite spending the most in the last decade, they have very little to show for it.

Rafa's hiring was an obvious mistake, which followed firing Carlo. Another mistake. Here is a bet, Carlo will win his second CL before Madrid reach another final.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:34 am

Freeza wrote:Rafa played Lucas Vazquez over James freaking Rodriguez when needing a win. Not much else is needed to be added. I still think a sacking is wrong and that the power structure in our club is the most glaring problem. But holy hell is Rafa retarded in his man management.

Can't play good football. Probably the worst big game manager we've ever had so far.
so what excuse would you come up with if he played james and never got the win. same crap from you lot with mourinho and carlo. not winning 5-0 every game sack the manager. I cant wait for Zidane to get hung after 10 games Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:35 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Madrid are a joke team. Despite spending the most in the last decade, they have very little to show for it.

Rafa's hiring was an obvious mistake, which followed firing Carlo. Another mistake. Here is a bet, Carlo will win his second CL before Madrid reach another final.
but carlo was rubbish mate. madrid aim higher than that rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:41 am

Unique wrote:
zigra wrote:Laughing It's really not that hard to understand so I guess you just don't want to hear anything that doesn't fit your argument.

Barcelona are not having a great season SO FAR. They have a good season but it's hardly out of the world. Real Madrid should be able to keep up with it. SO FAR.
It's not about Barca being too good. It just isn't.
if barca was 5th rafa would not have been sacked imo. what was expected of rafa after 18 games.

More than 11 wins and 37 points out of 18 games perhaps? It's just not good enough - this is still Real Madrid.
Anyway I didn't even post this to defend the sacking of Benitez (which I still think is good because he should never have been hired). All I'm saying is that the current Barca side doesn't look like an unstoppable team. Yeah they can absolutely trash top teams but they still drop enough points to beat them in the table and the only reason Real Madrid are not doing it is because they don't perform.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:09 am

zigra wrote:
Unique wrote:
zigra wrote:Laughing It's really not that hard to understand so I guess you just don't want to hear anything that doesn't fit your argument.

Barcelona are not having a great season SO FAR. They have a good season but it's hardly out of the world. Real Madrid should be able to keep up with it. SO FAR.
It's not about Barca being too good. It just isn't.
if barca was 5th rafa would not have been sacked imo. what was expected of rafa after 18 games.

More than 11 wins and 37 points out of 18 games perhaps? It's just not good enough - this is still Real Madrid.
Anyway I didn't even post this to defend the sacking of Benitez (which I still think is good because he should never have been hired). All I'm saying is that the current Barca side doesn't look like an unstoppable team. Yeah they can absolutely trash top teams but they still drop enough points to beat them in the table and the only reason Real Madrid are not doing it is because they don't perform.
I agree. Barca is pretty meh overall IMO. The only reason they're so threatning is because of MSN. MSN can score on you on a flip of a switch which will always keep them in the game. The rest of the team is not too threatning or nothing remotely close to the 2009-2011 Barca.

I'm comparing this Barca team to other Barca teams in the past. So I dont think they're average comapred to other teams in Europe but rather to their past teams.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:23 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Madrid are a joke team. Despite spending the most in the last decade, they have very little to show for it.

Ancellotti has won the CL 3 times. He won it twice as manager with AC Milan in 2003 and 2007. He also won the European Cup (old version of the CL) as a player twice.

breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:45 am

people calling barca meh rofl rofl if barca are meh is there a good team in the world :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:50 am

Clutch wrote:
zigra wrote:
Unique wrote:

I agree. Barca is pretty meh overall IMO. The only reason they're so threatning is because of MSN. MSN can score on you on a flip of a switch which will always keep them in the game. The rest of the team is not too threatning or nothing remotely close to the 2009-2011 Barca.

I'm comparing this Barca team to other Barca teams in the past. So I dont think they're average comapred to other teams in Europe but rather to their past teams.
barca are only good because they have MSN. of course they are good because they have MSN. that's why they have MSN. your basicly saying barca are only good because they have 3 of the best players in the world. does that not go hand in hand.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:03 am

Barca isn't meh, their current season (league only) has been. Though I absolutely would not call it "meh" because that's just going too far.. it's still good. Just not a great year in which no other team can keep up with them (again: so far).
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:32 am

Luis Enrique's teams usually start to roll in the 2nd half of the season and this season's start has been particularly tough with treble hangover, injuries, a thin squad, unfavourable schedule etc. Funnily enough, we're actually better than we were last season at this point. 39 instead of 38 points after 17 games and we've got the head-to-head advantage in the Clasico this time. Now that Arda and Vidal are available things should get easier and it shouldn't take long for Messi to get back in form either. I'm not expecting to finish worse than last season, injuries notwithstanding (so again at least 94 points). 2nd half of the season should actually be more comfortable now, already played all the away games against: Atletico, Real, Celta, Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla, Valencia, Espanyol (derby). So 2nd half of the season should yield more points in theory. I can understand that keeping up with this year after year must be annoying for Real Madrid. Imagine ending a league season with 92 (under Pellegrini even 96) points and still finishing 2nd. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:57 am

Unique wrote:people calling barca meh rofl rofl if barca are meh is there a good team in the world :facepalm:
If you can read you would see that I was comparing this Barca team to the other Barca teams in the past. I never said they were "meh" to other teams in Europe. MSN makes them better obviously but the other players are either out of their prime or just role players.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:30 am

Unique wrote:
titosantill wrote:that's kind of a loser's mentality to say "this team is better than us, so let's just be happy with not winning" no? lebron james is the best player in the nba (ok curry's the top right now), dallas would never have won a chip if they went "lebron and the heat are the best, let's accept that", spurs won't have won with that mindset either. sports isn't math, the best doesn't always win, so madrid shouldn't have to sit down and accept anything without a fight. i do agree, that florentino and fans have been very reckless especially with the carlo move recently....rafa should have never ever been here in the first place
I'm not saying anyone should be happy with not winning. but with rafa incharge you were never gonna win the title. and with Zidane incharge you will not win the title. barca are just to good for you and sacking rafa will not change that.

i get your point, rafa wasn't fired solely just for results. as i said, tears were coming out of people's ears the way the team was operating, and dropping points against all top clubs was painful to watch. zidane will change very little if anything, he's an interim. its just a case of attempting to pause the bleeding than heeling the injury. rafa's a joke though, should have never been hired in the first place...and it baffles me how some fans wanted him
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:11 am

What do you mean we have nothing to show for it? We just won a CL and we have the richest club in football. We can reinvent ourselves every summer if we want, our board can sell the dream to our fans as many times as it wants. I realize we have not dominated world football but nothing to show for it? Dont make ridiculous comments.

I am gonna tell you what nothing to show for it looks like. It's when after years of success you are now a midtable team and after thought in your own country. Its when to strengthen your team you sign world class rejects like menez, balotelli and some other forgetable players cause we dont even watch the games in the first place. Its when you get excited by watching mbaye niang level of talent every weekend. Its when if the best players in the world world declare they want to join you, you couldnt even afford their entourage. It's when you dont even own your own stadium. If you ask me, thats what having nothing to show for looks like. A joke team you say? What? If we are joke then the team described above is what? Orangutan shit?

As for ancelotti i dont know what universe you live but when in two years you have a negative record against the top 5-6 teams in your league, fumbled the league two seasons in a row despite having a solid lead and was one 93rd minute away from losing the CL, then you have been mostly lucky and the sack is justified.

I get that mocking and criticizing Madrid is easy and cheap but there is no point in making such ridiculous statements to look smart and to look like you had 20/20 hindsight
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:27 am

What was the reasoning behind hiring Rafa in the first place? He stopped being an elite coach in the later 2000s. After that he only declined, failed everywhere.

After Zidane who do you think will come?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:29 am

he is spanish and is a madrid fan, that's the reasoning behind it.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:03 am

OMG!!! Unique on a roll :bow:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:09 am

Grande_Milano wrote:What was the reasoning behind hiring Rafa in the first place? He stopped being an elite coach in the later 2000s. After that he only declined, failed everywhere.

When Flo farted that morning, the odor wafted in Rafa's direction... that's likely what happened.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:38 am

futbol wrote:Luis Enrique's teams usually start to roll in the 2nd half of the season and this season's start has been particularly tough with treble hangover, injuries, a thin squad, unfavourable schedule etc. Funnily enough, we're actually better than we were last season at this point. 39 instead of 38 points after 17 games and we've got the head-to-head advantage in the Clasico this time. Now that Arda and Vidal are available things should get easier and it shouldn't take long for Messi to get back in form either. I'm not expecting to finish worse than last season, injuries notwithstanding (so again at least 94 points). 2nd half of the season should actually be more comfortable now, already played all the away games against: Atletico, Real, Celta, Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla, Valencia, Espanyol (derby). So 2nd half of the season should yield more points in theory. I can understand that keeping up with this year after year must be annoying for Real Madrid. Imagine ending a league season with 92 (under Pellegrini even 96) points and still finishing 2nd. Laughing

That sounds like we should win the title unless Atletico repeats history or Zidane works a miracle Very Happy Also the CL could be retained with some luck Very Happy

Although for some reason I dont wanna be too optimistic, we have dominated so far, it almost seems too good to be true Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:56 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
futbol wrote:Luis Enrique's teams usually start to roll in the 2nd half of the season and this season's start has been particularly tough with treble hangover, injuries, a thin squad, unfavourable schedule etc. Funnily enough, we're actually better than we were last season at this point. 39 instead of 38 points after 17 games and we've got the head-to-head advantage in the Clasico this time. Now that Arda and Vidal are available things should get easier and it shouldn't take long for Messi to get back in form either. I'm not expecting to finish worse than last season, injuries notwithstanding (so again at least 94 points). 2nd half of the season should actually be more comfortable now, already played all the away games against: Atletico, Real, Celta, Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla, Valencia, Espanyol (derby). So 2nd half of the season should yield more points in theory. I can understand that keeping up with this year after year must be annoying for Real Madrid. Imagine ending a league season with 92 (under Pellegrini even 96) points and still finishing 2nd. Laughing

That sounds like we should win the title unless Atletico repeats history or Zidane works a miracle Very Happy Also the CL could be retained with some luck Very Happy

Although for some reason I dont wanna be too optimistic, we have dominated so far, it almost seems too good to be true Razz

Check the Barca section, the Champions League is already decided:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t38745-the-back-to-back-champions-league-winning-thread

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:07 am

Vibe wrote:Igwe anyone?

Igwe is something Nigerians say. It means something like king. At that phase GL was obsessed with Nigeria so yeah.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:41 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:

What do you mean we have nothing to show for it? We just won a CL and we have the richest club in football. We can reinvent ourselves every summer if we want, our board can sell the dream to our fans as many times as it wants. I realize we have not dominated world football but nothing to show for it? Dont make ridiculous comments.

I am gonna tell you what nothing to show for it looks like. It's when after years of success you are now a midtable team and after thought in your own country. Its when to strengthen your team you sign world class rejects like menez, balotelli and some other forgetable players cause we dont even watch the games in the first place. Its when you get excited by watching mbaye niang level of talent every weekend. Its when if the best players in the world world declare they want to join you, you couldnt even afford their entourage. It's when you dont even own your own stadium. If you ask me, thats what having nothing to show for looks like. A joke team you say? What? If we are joke then the team described above is what? Orangutan shit?

As for ancelotti i dont know what universe you live but when in two years you have a negative record against the top 5-6 teams in your league, fumbled the league two seasons in a row despite having a solid lead and was one 93rd minute away from losing the CL, then you have been mostly lucky and the sack is justified.

I get that mocking and criticizing Madrid is easy and cheap but there is no point in making such ridiculous statements to look smart and to look like you had 20/20 hindsight

Here is the difference, I understand that the team I am rooting for is a Joke team. I understand that Berlusconi and management is the root of the problem. And I understand that we didn't spend an entire countries budget to be a distant second to our direct rivals.

Madrid have continued to spend, just to be second fiddle time and time again to their direct rivals. You are proud of being the richest club like you are some freaking shareholder.

Apparently, Sacking Ancelotti is justified now. Ok, what do you have to show for it; sacking the replacement coach mid-season, as if any knob couldn't tell you that Rafa was a past-it waiter.

When your best defense against your own team's inadequacy is that other teams are doing worse (despite spending much less), you really have no defense.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:33 am

I dont think Benitez was sacked because of results. Mou had worse results in his first season and Carlo's team looked alittle like this in the first half of his first season.

He was sacked because his relationships with his players became untenable. Especially those who have NEVER caused any trouble to their teams in their lifetime as footballers namely Benzema and Isco. He usually loses the dressing room everywhere he goes so it was kind of predictable that it would happen for us. I was just surprised with who he had rifts with including Jese, James Benz and Isco. Ronaldo and Ramos i already knew he would fight with because those two have too much power but the others? Very out of the blue

If we were ever going to survive this season either the players had to go or the coach because i doubt either would have backed down. So logically Rafa had to go

Rafa was 30 mins from accepting the West Ham job before he came to us. I dont know what Carlo did to Perez because the players loved him and he reached the CL semis and lost the league in the 2nd half of the season twice in a row but at least with a bit of balls and tweaking he would have eventually succeeded with the league

The problem here is Perez. Can never accept anything successful. The moment things work out he makes it impossible to continue and we become a laughing stock. People tell us but you spent this and this much so you should be winning but what they are forgetting is that coaches get players thrown at them that do not fit their plans but need to be in there. The only guy who was in charge of transfers spent at most 80 mill on about 4/5 players. 3 of which who have given us alot of joy. Perez spends that much on one

I dont understand how the socios can be so gullible to him. Qt Barca some socio took their president to the court. How about they stop hiding and do something about the irritable president we have at the helm

There is so much covering up that when the fans boo and demand Perez resignation they drown it out with music. All i say is if he buys a big name player next summer there wont be anything to stop the booing. When fans still talk about Özil and ADM seasons after they left you know you have left a big scar in their heart that will never heal unless you win a treble which will never happen if he keeps getting involved

Meh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:51 am

Grande_Milano wrote:What was the reasoning behind hiring Rafa in the first place? He stopped being an elite coach in the later 2000s. After that he only declined, failed everywhere.

Can't think of anything other than it was in defiance of God, man and all things holy.

I'm so glad he's gone.

About who's going to succeed Zidane. It depends on how well he does. If he wins something, he'll definitely be kept on. However if he finishes third in the league and crashes out of the CL from the quarter final, he'll find his bags all nicely packed and elegantly displayed in front of his door with a one-word thank you letter on top of them.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:42 pm

Unique wrote: barca are only good because they have MSN. of course they are good because they have MSN. that's why they have MSN. your basicly saying barca are only good because they have 3 of the best players in the world. does that not go hand in hand.

Duh please.

Don't you know the only reason Barca are the best team is because they are the best team? Apart from having the best team they're meh TBH
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Freeza wrote:Rafa played Lucas Vazquez over James freaking Rodriguez when needing a win. Not much else is needed to be added. I still think a sacking is wrong and that the power structure in our club is the most glaring problem. But holy hell is Rafa retarded in his man management.

James has been terrible this season. I don't know what all the fuss over James is?

Benitez was a foolish coach with a system that made no sense, which didn't accommodate a player like James. Hence the reason for him playing poorly and eventually being benched.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next