rwo power
iftikhar
Art Morte
58 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

EURO 2016 qualifiers - Page 14 Empty Re: EURO 2016 qualifiers

Post by futbol Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:56 pm

It's like a Barca lineup from 5 years ago, just with infinitely worse personnel. lol

Casillas still in the starting lineup sums it up though. No intention to shake things up at all. Experiments only in the striker department and that's only because there is not a single decent Spanish striker available.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:21 pm

When David Silva and Pedro are the two highest goal-scorers of the current set-up, you know something's wrong.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:17 am

Let's talk about more important stuff like the fact that IBRA can't stop scoring for the NT

Single handly dragging us to the Euro. If he was playing vs Russia we would've won that game and topped the group right now but alas Austria seem to have that top spot secured right now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:55 am

The Swiss are so wasteful! Currently it's 1:1 (Lithuania's goal came after a massive defensive gaffe by Djourou and Rodriguez, and suddenly Switzerland woke up for 2 minutes, Drmic scored the 1:1, and now they look lazy and sleepy again).

Shaq scored but the goal was rightly ruled offside.

Breel Embolo gets his first competitive cap! So he's officially a Swiss international now and can't play for Cameroon anymore.

Wow, great play for once. Corner Lithuania, Yann Sommer catches the ball and immediately throws it far to launch the counter, Shaqiri manages to finish this time and scores the 2:1 for Switzerland.

FT - Lithuania 1:2 Switzerland
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BigNewFan Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Can someone explain to me what the European Qualifiers for Euro 2016, or Euro 2016 is?

Yeah Don't laugh. Take a look at my name.

I don't understand. Don't point me to a Wikipedia page. That's just more confusing. These are the things I know, as a new football fan:

I am a Premier League viewer, and am familiar with the teams, coaches, gossip.

I know all about MLS.

I know the difference between Champions League and the Europa League.

I know about the Bundesligia and La Liga.

Is Euro 2016 a tournament that decides who will play during the year for the ultimate Champions League games?

Excuse my ignorance.

Go Gunners.

BigNewFan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:59 pm

The Euro 2016 is the European Championship for the National Teams that belong to the UEFA (the confederation of the European football associations). It is the Europe-only version of the FIFA World Cup.

There are 54 national teams in the UEFA (not only countries, but the UK traditionally fields England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as separate teams, plus there is Gibraltar and even some non-European countries like Israel who decided to play in Europe for safety reasons), and those teams need to determine 24 participants for the tournament that decides the European champion; these are the Euro qualifiers.

I hope this makes things clear for you.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:13 pm

The reason for Israel to play in Europe is pretty obvious though Laughing

We need to win. Højbjerg back Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Albania have been awarded a victory over Serbia by the court of arbitration for sport having successfully challenged Uefa sanctions imposed after a drone with a political banner was flown into a stadium.

Based on the ruling, it means Albania are now level on 10 points with second-place Denmark in Group I, which is led by Portugal. Serbia will now be last, with minus two points.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/10/albania-serbia-match-abandoned-drone?CMP=share_btn_tw
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:04 pm

Awful decision. Hope whoever made it breaks a leg. Wanting to punish Serbia, only one that gets punished is Denmark.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:50 pm

Freeza wrote:Awful decision. Hope whoever made it breaks a leg. Wanting to punish Serbia, only one that gets punished is Denmark.

I understand your feeling, but this is a just decision, and I am very happy for it.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:45 am

Freeza wrote:Awful decision. Hope whoever made it breaks a leg. Wanting to punish Serbia, only one that gets punished is Denmark.

The clash between Denmark and Albania in September is all the more interesting now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:49 am

urbaNRoots wrote:

The clash between Denmark and Albania in September is all the more interesting now.

Yeah really is. A must win for us now..

I still don't have any idea why Albania got off. They instigated the fight as I can see from the footage. All because a player wanted that stupid drone off the field?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:58 am

The CAS ruling states: 'The panel found that the match stoppage and the eventual abandonment of the match were caused by security lapses of the organisers and acts of violence exerted on the Albanian players by the Serbian fans and at least one security steward.

'In light of this finding, the CAS panel has decided that the UEFA European Championship qualifying Group I match between Serbia and Albania be deemed to have been forfeited by the Serbia FA by the score of 0:3.

'The CAS went on to find, in line with UEFA, that the Albania FA was responsible for the drone operated during the match, carrying a banner depicting Albanian nationalistic and patriotic symbols, and confirmed the fine of 100,000 euro imposed on the Albania FA.'
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Albanian FA fined 100,000 euros for starting the incident yet Albania is awared 3 points and Serbia taken away 3 points. Uefa rofl

Awful decision, but didn't expect anything else from UEFA honestly. We were out of the competition anyway, good thing I gave up on Serbian A team long time ago..

Finishing behind Armenia with players from almost every top club rofl meanwhile our u21 team are euro and wc champions watch them fail again like our A team with idiot coaches and our stupid FA

Congrats to Portugal, Denmark and Albania for qualifying to the Euros.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:30 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Albanian FA fined 100,000 euros for starting the incident yet Albania is awared 3 points and Serbia taken away 3 points. Uefa rofl

Awful decision, but didn't expect anything else from UEFA honestly. We were out of the competition anyway, good thing I gave up on Serbian A team long time ago..

Finishing behind Armenia with players from almost every top club rofl meanwhile our u21 team are euro and wc champions watch them fail again like our A team with idiot coaches and our stupid FA

Congrats to Portugal, Denmark and Albania for qualifying to the Euros.

Albania did not start an incident. Serbian fans storming the pitch did. Also, the whole stadium throwing flare and chanting "Kill!!! Slaughter, so there are no Siptars (albanians) left!!!"

BTW a Serb calling an albanian "Siptar" is the same as white american calling an african american the n-word.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:37 pm

Lol you're funny Albanians are calling themselves like that or something similiar like shqiptar(?) dunno everyone calls them like that iirc but I don't care anyway.
Albanians will chant in their home turf, how is that relevant in the whole incident? So can you stop making things up and stop making Albanians the victims it just makes you look stupid  Laughing

And what does that have to do anything with football?

I'm talking about the incident which Albanian dron started. I'm not saying Serbia should be awarded 3 points or that it's not to blame, both FAs should be fined and no one should've gotten any points just like things was up until a couple of days ago. But UEFA will be UEFA and this is what you get.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:43 pm

Fact is you're blind not to see the "Greater Albania" nazi flag over the pitch caused the start of the incident and you think it's all Serbia's fault. rofl
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:00 pm

So Albania is awarded 3 pts for that and Serbia was taken away further 3 pts which we never even got from when 3-0 was awarded to us means we got taken away 6 points and Albania awarded 3 points. rofl
How is Albania being awarded for official 3-0 against Serbia and Serbia wasn't awarded 3 pts for official 3-0 against Albania (from the 1st decision) yet lost another 3 pts from this decision. Ridiculous.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 am

BusterLfc wrote:Lol you're funny Albanians are calling themselves like that or something similiar like shqiptar(?) dunno everyone calls them like that iirc but I don't care anyway.
Albanians will chant in their home turf, how is that relevant in the whole incident? So can you stop making things up and stop making Albanians the victims it just makes you look stupid  Laughing

And what does that have to do anything with football?

I'm talking about the incident which Albanian dron started. I'm not saying Serbia should be awarded 3 points or that it's not to blame, both FAs should be fined and no one should've gotten any points just like things was up until a couple of days ago. But UEFA will be UEFA and this is what you get.

Black people call themselves the n-word all the time and it is fine, it's when white people do that that it takes whole new meaning. But, I wont go into a debate with you about that as clearly you have never been the one in the receiving end of an abuse or torture and that is why no matter what I say you will never understand that.

Fact is, drone could have stopped the game for 5-10 minutes and Albania is punished for that.

Fact is, Albanian FA could not have controlled the drone launch, nor prevented it. It is even debatable if the drone was released by Albanians at all, as it appeared above stadium exactly when Albanians looked like they will score.

Fact is, Serbian FA should have had control over the stadium security and over the people employed to guard this security.

Fact is, Serbia did not secure their stadium, they let one of the most notorious european hooligans in this tense match and one of the security guards attacked Albanian players.

I mean solely the point in bold should give you a hint to why the decision is what it is, regardless of the pitch invading and chair throwing.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:10 pm

What about Albanian player Xhaka saying in an interview: "I couldn't let skije hold our flag." Same thing like the n-word you said, this time it was directed to Serbs. But this time it wasn't hooligans or fans saying that, it was your actual football players. Laughing So gtfo with that story.

Ok, and nazi flag and promoting war in a football match is fine, right?
I could care less what CAS says, as their decision seems to be based more so on politics as opposed to justice.
I guarantee you if England fans rioted over a nazi Germany flag over Wembley they would have been praised.

That's the last you're hear from me in this thread, because this conversation is getting silly because you're so stubborn to admit that both countries should have been awarded 0 points not Albania 3 pts and Serbia -6 pts, we were out of the competition anyway so this decision benefits you, enjoy your 3 points and good luck vs Denmark.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:53 pm

Well Xhaka should be fined for saying that. Also, he said that after the incident, not during or before the game. You know the case with Xhaka is he was the one who fled his country due to Serbian police oppression in Kosovo! See what I did here?

Also, the flag is not nazzi, but I wont go into this discussion. Serbian FA had guards who attacked the players. What more do you want? Albanian team cannot be removed points for some idiot flying a drone. They should be fined with money or playing on empty stadium, I can agree with this. But, it was security lapse that brought the game to halt, and for that it is Serbian fault.

Peace out!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:37 am

Iceland lead 1:0 against 10 men Netherlands in Amsterdam Shocked
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:53 am

Should be 3-0 tbh. Never seen Holland play so badly.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:53 am

They probably would've lost with 11 men.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:56 am

Baaalllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cyprus 0 - 1 Bales. Ten minutes to go. Huge goal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:56 am

BALE LAD ffs!

:bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite