Busby Babe
RED
B-Mac
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ángel Di María - Page 3 Empty Re: Ángel Di María

Post by Glory Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:13 pm

that effing pos called Nani fouled Di maria pretty bad yesterday. silent Mad :facepalm:  :brickwall: Clubber  
Seems he is alright but still, considering our luck with injuries right now, I wont be surprised if... pale

what a bleeping joke it will be if ADM cant play next week thanks to this useless nutter.  Laughing Laughing :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:52 pm

He'll be fine Razz

I think our injury list is a bit exaggerated, only Rojo and Blind are certainties to miss the Arsenal game. Everyone else that is important should be back.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:12 am

yea heard DDG has 80 % chance to be back. He being there under the bar itself is a massive boost for the entire team.

and lol I kinda feel for Nani. He is trying desperately to prove his worth and return to the club and then he goes and fouls the darling of Old Trafford in a meaningless friendly match. Laughing :brickwall:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Interesting van Gaal played him upfront vs Hull, in the "Robben role". He brought back the diamond which he said was the reason we lost control in the last 30 mins, but instead he put Mata LCM and not Di Maria. Perhaps van Gaal thinks ADM's passing is too erratic for a CM, but less of a problem in the final third. Mata is not better defensively but he keeps possession much better. So we have less issues towards the end of matches.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:28 am

So, how is my favourite player doing at the moment? You happy with him or do guys feel he needs to do more?
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:32 am

i have been pleased when he is played in his best position, injuries to the squad have forced van gaal to push him out wide at times where he seems to struggle to be a influence in the game, but when he is playing on the left side of the diamond he has been superb, which is our best formation and what we have played when injuries haven't handcuffed us.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:So, how is my favourite player doing at the moment? You happy with him or do guys feel he needs to do more?

Been fantastic. Love him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:05 pm

He's out for 2-3 weeks according to his wife  Sad

Angel di Maria has a 'small tear' to his hamstring, star's wife Jorgelina Cardoso reveals to Manchester United fan

Spoiler:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2857431/Angel-di-Maria-small-tear-hamstring-star-s-wife-Jorgelina-Cardoso-reveals-Manchester-United-fan.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:32 pm

dreadful news if its true. Especially that match against Pool, we wanted him big time to intimidate those Scousers. damn!!! damn... Mad

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:47 pm

I hope he's fine for Liverpool. The blow is slightly softened because we have good depth in attacking areas.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:21 pm

Has been voted Argentina's player of the year. Proud

Angel di Maria has been voted Argentina player of the year as Manchester United winger beats Lionel Messi to award

Manchester United's Angel di Maria has been voted Argentina's foreign-based player of the year by the country's sports journalists, beating Lionel Messi to the award.

Di Maria, who joined Louis van Gaal's side for a club record £60million fee this summer, won the Olimpia de Plata (Silver Olimpia award) at a ceremony on Tuesday after pipping Messi to the prize.

Di Maria helped former club Real Madrid win their 10th European Cup in May and Argentina reach the World Cup final, which he missed through injury, in Brazil and has made an impressive start to his career in England.

It is the first time Messi has failed to win the award since 2006, despite the Barcelona forward being named on the three-man shortlist to win the 2014 Ballon d'Or.

Striker Lucas Pratto of Velez Sarsfield won the equivalent for best player in the Argentine league.

Velez, announcing Pratto's award on their website (www.velezsarsfield.com.ar) on Wednesday, said the striker was on the verge of joining Brazil's Atletico Mineiro pending a medical.

Media reports have said Velez will receive £3.2m for Pratto, a high fee for a transfer between South American clubs.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat May 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Sad seeing this guy in such shit form. I can't tell whether it confidence issues or he just doesn't want to be at the club. That cameo today, and all those half arsed crosses were pathetic from a player of his known quality and ability.

65 mill for that when we could have had Nani at the club for free. Hindsight is a mofo
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neez Sun May 03, 2015 8:49 pm

RED wrote:Sad seeing this guy in such shit form. I can't tell whether it confidence issues or he just doesn't want to be at the club. That cameo today, and all those half arsed crosses were pathetic from a player of his known quality and ability.

65 mill for that when we could have had Nani at the club for free. Hindsight is a mofo

I think it is more of a confidence issue to be honest. He's had his injuries coming into the season and he had some more during it. The value of a good preseason is underrated sometimes, especially for a player at a new club. There was the whole home invasion thing too which seemed to shake him up as well, and he's obviously struggled with the physicality of some of the EPL teams. I hope he stays and manages to get his confidence back, maybe bulk up a bit, because at the end of the day he is world class and when on form, Angelito is a nightmare for the opposition and he showed that for a few years at Madrid. (granted their attacking players are in a whole different level to the ones we have right now)

My biggest concern isn't his commitment because he is trying. The biggest issue is if he fits in with LVG's 'philosophy', especially thinking back to what Ander said regarding Louis not liking players losing the ball and sticking to their positions. It explains why he's playing on the wing and not playing in a similar role to the one Ancelloti played him in last year. He excelled in it but his game was about running at defenders time and time again which might be too risky for LVG's liking. If he's a liability in possession he just won't play regularly so Angelito needs to adapt to that somewhat...maybe hit the gym a little bit too :p

Ángel Di María - Page 3 Img
Neez
Neez
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun May 03, 2015 11:59 pm

his crosses were so woeful yesterday...he is definitely lacking confidence, he was GOATing when he first arrived and now he is playing more tense it seems he is not playin relaxed and free flowing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat May 16, 2015 11:36 pm

“My challenge is not for one year, but to become part of the history of Manchester United.

“The stadium is unique, the fans sensational – it is a fantastic club. My only frustration is that we haven’t offered the fans our best face every week. My dream at United is still to win the Premier League and Champions League.”

Made my day reading that Proud

His heart is still in it and we'll see the real him next season.

Full interview: http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/manchester-uniteds-angel-di-maria-5708487?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:24 pm

^^^ Ugh.

Don't let many United fans down, ADM. Should fight it out for another season at the very least.

Lots of murmers coming from France that he's agreed to join PSG( no smoke without fire and all that), and with us briefing the media that we're interested in signing Pedro, hmmm.

Seems as though we're keen on keeping ADM, but it's he who wants to go to a team who were effectively his 'first choice'.

Let's not make a loss if it does happen, PSG have to pay the amount we paid, or come close to that valuation. They paid 50m for Luiz, fgs. F them.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:46 pm

No way psg is getting him for the prices quoted. 40 mil. rofl And that too when woody is in such fine form.

Having said that I dont want to see him leave too. But if theres no other option and he (and his family) cant adjust to the life in Manchester, then i guess we have to do what needs to be done.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:17 pm

Hope he goes tbh. Very unVan Gaal like player and he will be stifled with us. There is a reason Young did better than him despite having less 'talent'. South Americans usually dont do well with van Gaal because they don't adapt to his system and are used to being less restrained tactically.

Honestly I was shocked we signed him. I think he was more of a Woodward dick measuring contest signing than a van Gaal requested one. Best he leaves for both parties. He should never have left Madrid.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:03 am

Agreed. Hope we replace him with Pedro who knows van Gaal's positional play style inside out.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Fuss, how do you think Pedro will work in a system where he wont have the luxury of a messi creating chances for him to score ? How good is his creativity ? If we let go of di maria we will be awfully short on that front.

I always thought Pedro was an average player and can only be successful in a team like yours.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Glory wrote:Fuss, how do you think Pedro will work in a system where he wont have the luxury of a messi creating chances for him to score ? How good is his creativity ? If we let go of di maria we will be awfully short on that front.

I always thought Pedro was an average player and can only be successful in a team like yours.

Average player is a little bit harsh, but he isn't a genius or even close to what a player Di Maria could be for us.

I don't like Pedro's style of play, I think he won't be useful for us, for the Man United philosophy developed by Van Gaal. Maybe the dutchman is desperate if the rumours prove to be true. I can't see Pedro becoming the super player that we will need in the future in our attack.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Messi creating for Pedro is a myth. Messi usually ignores the right side of the pitch and only creates for those on the left (Villa/Neymar). Pedro is actually one of those Barca forwards who dishes out more chances/assists to Messi than the other way around. Even though I don't have the exact numbers I'm sure that's a true statement.

He is not "creative". He is more goalscorer than creator. He will look to make runs to get behind the defense. His linkup play (one-twos and stuff) is good though and he's unselfish and will pass the ball in and around the box if he can. He can get around 15 goals and 10 assists from the wing in all competitions. Just don't expect him to take the ball from deep and make stuff happen on his own. Others need to create for him. Think of him as the wing version of Chicharito but with better technique and touch and less awkward penis stab goals.

He is not a game changer. Di Maria's top level is higher. Di Maria can give you 10/10 level performances on his day but his performances also fluctuate a lot down to 3/10 where he looks brainless, takes shots from everywhere, dribbles into 3 defenders and crosses like prime Bebe. Real Madrid fooled you after his 6 months form of his life which he was never going to sustain. Pedro doesn't give you 10/10 performances but he's also not as frustrating when he's off form. He gives you consistent 6.5 level performances. Wouldn't be surprised if he would fit you more than Di Maria tbh. Di Maria is an individualist, Pedro can play within a system like van Gaal's. You don't have a winger who can score double digits. Young, Mata, Jumanji, Tom Hanks' best friend Wilson, Valencia etc. don't do that. No idea about Depay.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Fußball wrote:Messi creating for Pedro is a myth. Messi usually ignores the right side of the pitch and only creates for those on the left (Villa/Neymar). Pedro is actually one of those Barca forwards who dishes out more chances/assists to Messi than the other way around. Even though I don't have the exact numbers I'm sure that's a true statement.

He is not "creative". He is more goalscorer than creator. He will look to make runs to get behind the defense. His linkup play (one-twos and stuff) is good though and he's unselfish and will pass the ball in and around the box if he can. He can get around 15 goals and 10 assists from the wing in all competitions. Just don't expect him to take the ball from deep and make stuff happen on his own. Others need to create for him. Think of him as the wing version of Chicharito but with better technique and touch and less awkward penis stab goals.

He is not a game changer. Di Maria's top level is higher. Di Maria can give you 10/10 level performances on his day but his performances also fluctuate a lot down to 3/10 where he looks brainless, takes shots from everywhere, dribbles into 3 defenders and crosses like prime Bebe. Real Madrid fooled you after his 6 months form of his life which he was never going to sustain. Pedro doesn't give you 10/10 performances but he's also not as frustrating when he's off form. He gives you consistent 6.5 level performances. Wouldn't be surprised if he would fit you more than Di Maria tbh. Di Maria is an individualist, Pedro can play within a system like van Gaal's. You don't have a winger who can score double digits. Young, Mata, Jumanji, Tom Hanks' best friend Wilson, Valencia etc. don't do that. No idea about Depay.

Good post.

Quite encouraged about this potential signing after reading that.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Pedro is extremely underrated for what he offers; consistency. However, that being said; i'd rather have cavani for the trade with di maria. Cavani can operate both from the wing and upfront with the same consistency.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Cavani is shit on the wing Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite