Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Ángel Di María - Page 2 Empty Re: Ángel Di María

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:15 pm

I'm glad we've signed him; in fact, I am happy because for the first time in years we've bought some world class players and possible future world class players.

Let's say that when Fergie was still our manager, it was ok even without this kind of transfers, but after Moyes era we really needed to change the squad. It's a change of generation and I hope Di Maria will remain in our history as one of the greatest #7's ever.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Some nice quotes

CL Final wrote:I sank to my knees in gratitude, emotion and tiredness. I got through the 120 minutes via sheer will-power and adrenaline.  Every time I put on a jersey I give it everything I’ve got. No matter what people say, I never give 95 or 99 per cent. It’s always 100 per cent  If you consistently do that then in the end you’ll reap the rewards.

During his time at Madrid, Mourinho taught me that I wasn’t a ‘pure’ forward. That I couldn’t rest every time the strikers lost the ball. He taught me to give more to the team throughout the game and the di Maria of today compared to how I began playing bears no resemblance tactically or technically.

On Ancelotti wrote:That trust gave me the confidence to play my part for the team. He wanted me to attack, defend, to run and keep on running. He wanted me to make sacrifices.

This guy will die for you on the pitch
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Exactly the type of player I admire and respect. Ones who give it their all on the pitch and don't rely on other to carry them throughout the match.

Players that don't hide and shirk responsibilities.

He is exactly what we've been missing.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Such a rare player, can't wait to see him against some of the big boys. Looking forward to his individual match comp.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:14 pm

He will put the fear into teams. World Class talent.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:13 am

Finally he earned his first goal at Man Utd against QPR seeing how this Argentina star played for about 82 minutes, indeed he create a remarkable time, he also won the man of the Match. I think man Utd deserves that second chance to prove once again their prolific run.

http://www.sbobetimes.com/index.php/blog/8959-red-devils-show-they-deserve-the-second-chance
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:45 pm

He was brilliant today.

shame the world class goal he scored and general all round play will be overshadowed by our defensive lapses today.

Our MOTM again.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:51 pm

He's excellent. I know Real Madrid fans rated him highly, but I think the club and some fans took him slightly for granted and not realise how good he actually is. I realise playing with Ronaldo everyone looks mediocre. But Di Maria is here, playing with Falcao, RvP, Rooney and Mata and he's like a level above. Of course once they pick up some form, they'll be closer, but he is also a player that had no pre-season I think. Imagine how he'd be like when he gets the games under his belt.

What I love is he doesn't need the team to play well for him to play well. He only depends on himself.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Busby Babe wrote:What I love is he doesn't need the team to play well for him to play well. He only depends on himself.

That's what I love about him too. It doesn't matter what attacking players he is paired with because he is not dependent on them when he plays. All he needs is a good partner in midfield who gives him an outlet to pass to when running himself into a cul de sac. Glad he is doing great tbf, people are quick to point out he had Ronaldo the goal machine at Madrid and that he would struggle to assist without him but he he has shut those up so far
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Has won player on the month, thought the West Ham game made Herrera edge it. Nonetheless, Di Mara has been great thus far. Let's hope he continues the good form vs Everton.

Ángel Di María - Page 2 By9fWxYIcAA-Vrr
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:30 pm

voted for him cheers
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:24 pm

excellent start from our main man maria. cheers Hopefully more and more and more to follow.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:01 pm

Completely different player when shunted out wide. We should be building our team around him, instead we are seeing our world class player having close to no impact.

Needs to work on his corner kick delivery too. Baffling how a player so good at whipping in crosses from open play can struggle to put one decent delivery from a corner kick.

Felt for him too, despite how poor he was, RVP was worse, and yet he got subbed instead.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:46 pm

I know he's not playing his favoured position but he should still be doing better imo. I still want him to move back centrally, which is why I'm starting not to want Strootman anymore.

Ajax sold us Blind, only days before the transfer window closed, because they couldn't refuse the money. Maybe, PSV are the same and can't refuse an offer for Depay in January.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:05 pm

"My concern is that the mood among the United players feels a bit low-key," the former England star wrote in The Independent.

"Preparing for the broadcast of the game [Real Madrid v Liverpool, for which Scholes was a television pundit] in Madrid this week, I watched reruns of last season and Angel Di Maria smiling broadly as he celebrated goal after goal with Cristiano Ronaldo.

"He doesn't seem to be in the same happy mood at United. It feels downbeat among the team."

I wish Scholes would stfu. Has become an arsehole ever since he's become a pundit. Constantly going hard on us, personally going at Rooney, and now planting seeds to a nothing issue. Di Maria unhappy? Didn't he see the way he celebrate our equalizer v Chelsea? :facepalm:

It's true what Keane said about him. For all of his 'quite boy' persona, all this yapping he's doing now to the media comes across as Scholes attempting to say controversial things to stand out as pundit.

Respectfully speaking, as I loved Scholes as a player.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:38 pm

ya BB i was going to say the same, LVG seems desperate to play 4-3-3

but we don't have the personnel right now to do it effectively as he likes, because are wingers are shit and Januzaj isn't pacey enough imo to play out there effectively.

wouldn't be surprised to see us go after Depay or another winger and given Depays run of form in the league this year seems like a solid buy, one i said we should of made in the summer price will be higher now
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:45 pm

but i still want strooman, as i think he is a superior option to Fellaini in midfield
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:09 pm

B-Mac wrote:ya BB i was going to say the same, LVG seems desperate to play 4-3-3

but we don't have the personnel right now to do it effectively as he likes, because are wingers are shit and Januzaj isn't pacey enough imo to play out there effectively.

wouldn't be surprised to see us go after Depay or another winger and given Depays run of form in the league this year seems like a solid buy, one i said we should of made in the summer price will be higher now

Yeah, I agree about Januzaj, his dribbling is very good for a #10, but decent for a winger. I think some players struggle when they move centrally, then move out back to the wing. Like Ozil was a winger for Werder Bremen but can't do it for Arsenal. I know Januzaj hasn't been playing as a #10 for us, but he would have been in training since we were practicing a diamond/3-5-2 and doing it for the reserves. Apart of it is also, his dribbling has been found out, like Valencia was.

I think we should play something like this in the future:

----------Blind
-----Herrera-----------Di Maria
Depay--------Januzaj
-------Rooney

Di Maria plays in his CM/LM role, like he normally does where he provides width, and Januzaj drifts inwards playing a LW/#10, and slides passes through like he did first half vs Chelsea. Shaw's weakness is also attacking wise, which becomes less of a problem because Di Maria will do the overlapping from midfield. Admittedly, I don't know how good Depay is on the right, though.

For now, I'd like us go back to the diamond, but that's as likely as going back to the 3-5-2 it seems.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:00 pm

ya i want us to go back to the diamond too, we played some nice stuff in that formation, we looked much better going forward
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:18 pm

Btw, I like Strootman too, but I fear van Gaal would permanently shove Di Maria to the left wing.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:29 pm

RED wrote:

"My concern is that the mood among the United players feels a bit low-key," the former England star wrote in The Independent.

"Preparing for the broadcast of the game [Real Madrid v Liverpool, for which Scholes was a television pundit] in Madrid this week, I watched reruns of last season and Angel Di Maria smiling broadly as he celebrated goal after goal with Cristiano Ronaldo.

"He doesn't seem to be in the same happy mood at United. It feels downbeat among the team."

I wish Scholes would stfu. Has become an arsehole ever since he's become a pundit. Constantly going hard on us, personally going at Rooney, and now planting seeds to a nothing issue. Di Maria unhappy? Didn't he see the way he celebrate our equalizer v Chelsea? :facepalm:

It's true what Keane said about him. For all of his 'quite boy' persona, all this yapping he's doing now to the media comes across as Scholes attempting to say controversial things to stand out as pundit.

Respectfully speaking, as I loved Scholes as a player.

Also, forgot to post this earlier, from Di Maria's wife's instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/vKgdmBtuRJ/
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:13 pm

Was that monthly award from the EPL, ir dies MU hand our monthly awards for their own players only? (serious question =))
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:15 pm

We hand out our own awards, I think he lost the PL one to Pelle
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:13 pm

that effing pos called Nani fouled Di maria pretty bad yesterday. silent Mad :facepalm:  :brickwall: Clubber  
Seems he is alright but still, considering our luck with injuries right now, I wont be surprised if... pale

what a bleeping joke it will be if ADM cant play next week thanks to this useless nutter.  Laughing Laughing :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next