dostoevsky
S
ExtremistEnigma
Motogp69
Kick
69 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:57 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I think you are making things look alot more complicated than they are. Higuain worked very well with Ronaldo around and he is also a poacher but back then we had both Ozil and DiMaria spraying passes this time we have none so we are FORCED to play through the wing and if Ronaldo prefers to be a CF then he should let Carlo know so that he can be moved but he won't because not only does he not like it but he can also stay on the wings mostly just like under Mourinho. Also Falcao is called a poacher for a reason he only needs one chance to score one goal so if Ronaldo cuts and wants to choose he can do it but he doesn't do it on a loop all game lol so Falcao will get his chances

The price is my only concern 60 mill for a guy who will turn 29 is bad business but who am I kidding. In Perez' eyes that's a bargain so I am done talking prices
CR enjoys the freedom to move wherever he wants. Carlo understands that. He cant play in a central position because that limits his moves and he would be surrounded by 4 players all games. So to avoid that, he starts outwide and makes cutting runs that defenses cant react to.

Signing Falcao means that we have to pump the ball into the box a lot more, and we arent doing that now. How about we try to fee Benzema first, and we see how it goes?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:01 pm

The only thing that Marco Reus will sign for you are some autograph cards :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:08 pm

rwo power wrote:The only team that Marco Reus will sign for is Juventus :coffee:
Spoiler:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Signing Reus is a buffoonery that started on twitter, and Reus is a not a center forward. Why would he suddenly become one?

If a team traps our CF because they defend in masses, then other players need to do more, like the fullbacks creating width, putting accurate crosses in the box (something we fail at), guys like CR and Bale need to make smarter decision with the ball. Midfielders need to run in from behind to open gaps.

Why do you think Falcao would not get bullied by those same defenses? You are talking about a player that is entirely reliant on getting the ball in the box. If we currently fail at feeding benzema vs a packed defense, why would that be any different with Falcao? Atletico would bully him the same.

First of all I was clearly joking about Reus, read my post. Despite that he'd be an upgrade on Benzema anyway but that is besides the point.

Second of all, I think I made myself clear enough with regards to my concerns. Currently against teams that play with a high intensity and physicality we are playing with 10 players every time Benzema plays as a CF. He might play better in a different position but unfortunately for him and (more importantly) for us he is being used as a CF which he cannot really do in the games that will matter the most in the league.

Whether it's Falcao or someone else we need someone who can do things Benzema can't. It's not Benzema's divine right to start every game especially against teams that nullify him completely.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:11 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
rwo power wrote:The only team that Marco Reus will sign for is Juventus :coffee:
Spoiler:
Only when he is 34 though and it would probably be on loan.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Zealous wrote:
Second of all, I think I made myself clear enough with regards to my concerns. Currently against teams that play with a high intensity and physicality we are playing with 10 players every time Benzema plays as a CF. He might play better in a different position but unfortunately for him and (more importantly) for us he is being used as a CF which he cannot really do in the games that will matter the most in the league.

Whether it's Falcao or someone else we need someone who can do things Benzema can't. It's not Benzema's divine right to start every game especially against teams that nullify him completely.
I dont recall benzema having problems vs bilbao in the bernabeu last season, or barcelona. dont they play with intensity and dont they press high? didnt score vs bayern, and played very well vs them in general?

The way Atletico play, and it's shocking people still refuse to accept that they are an elite team that specialize in nullifying players, they would nullify Falcao the same.

I am asking you, why do you think Falcao would be any better dealing with Atletico defenders surrounding him? he is still a player that leads the line and waits for crosses and service in the box. We are not even able to properly feed Benzema right now, why do you think Falcao will miraculously get better passes? Because if you think our players are able to cross and feed the CF better, then there is no reason to change the CF because he is not the issue.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:26 pm

SMH @ Real Madrid trying to sign Falcao, gtfo man leave something for the rest of us Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I dont recall benzema having problems vs bilbao in the bernabeu last season

At the Bernabeu Benzema's probalems aren't really that major but my concerns are in the tough away games.

He played at the San Mames last season and he put on one of the most pathetic displays at CF I could remember. Athletic pushed him aside like he was nothing and for long periods he looked like he wanted to be somewhere else.

Mr Nick09 wrote:, or barcelona. dont they play with intensity and dont they press high? didnt score vs bayern, and played very well vs them in general?

Barca and Bayern don't play the same way Atleti or Bilbao or even Sevilla at the Pizjuan do, come on now, that's clearly not what I mean. Even then Benzema isn't the only striker in the world that can score or have a good game against Barca or Bayern.

Mr Nick09 wrote:The way Atletico play, and it's shocking people still refuse to accept that they are an elite team that specialize in nullifying players, they would nullify Falcao the same.

1. No one is asking Benzema to dominate Atleti, they are a tough team but right now against them he is a complete non factor.

2. You're assuming Falcao would get nullified. So what's the alternative? Just keep Benzema as the starter in those games even though we already know it won't work? No, we have to at least try to improve the squad in that respect. Sorry the only person who would benefit from us not signing another alternative at CF is Benzema himself, the club should come first.

Mr Nick09 wrote:I am asking you, why do you think Falcao would be any better dealing with Atletico defenders surrounding him? he is still a player that leads the line and waits for crosses and service in the box. We are not even able to properly feed Benzema right now, why do you think Falcao will miraculously get better passes? Because if you think our players are able to cross and feed the CF better, then there is no reason to change the CF because he is not the issue.

Damn dude, why do you think that he won't? Because right now the alternative is signing no one and just continuing the status quo.

It doesn't have to be Falcao who comes but it would be in the club's best interests to get an alternative to Benzema. As far as I see it the new CF either plays great and makes us wonder why we even wasted our time with Benzema in the first place or he doesn't add much overall in which case we stick with Benzema who we know can play well in more open games.

Pretty straight forward tbh.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Well, your whole we need Falcao theory seems to rest on the idea that Falcao will absolutely do better in games where you dont think benzema performs well enough. I asked why, and nice to see that beyond an actual in game example, it is all just wishful thinking. Like, "oh we need this new striker, he is awesome, he will definitely do better" sure...

I am just wondering, at which point do we as a club empower a player to do better, as opposed to running to the market to sign someone else, because he is doing better in a team that works solely to make him shine?

If we are actually failing as a collective to create chances for our CF, why would Falcao make the situation any better? It doesnt.

And once again, most teams play to feed their CF. Pool played for Suarez, barca for Messi, united did so for RVP with fergie, Atletico for Falcao, then Costa. Real Madrid play for Cristiano, all players play to create opportunities for him because he is our finisher.

The argument that Falcao would come in a do better when we are not even a team that function by feeding Benzema is one that amuses me very much.

I do think we need a back up forward, of course we do. but Falcao isnt a back up forward. I think we benefit more from empowering Benzema, to keep improving because he plays in a way that absolutely fits us, and he has no troubles performing at any stage we play at. It's a smart thing to continue making him feel valued, to feed his confidence like 99% clubs do with their CF.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:07 pm

You guys need a back up striker, but not someone of Falcao's quality. He should be a starter somewhere. I actually liked Morata with you guys, i feel he was really solid for his age and would potentially improve. But whatever, my point is a back up should be a player of that caliber, or an old legend like Eto'o at Everton/Chelsea playing back up. (this is all my opinion, not saying there is a wrong or right way to do things, but look how over stocking our midfield with cesc ruined our flow and how rotating higuain and Benz would mess with there confidence.)

Can someone shed some light why these rumors of Falcao potentially going on loan for a year at either Arsenal or Juventus is even being mentioned? Why would Monaco even consider loaning him? lol

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:22 pm

there is no light to shed tbh, it's just mercato bs as usual. like i said, monaco arent ran by a bunch of idiots.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:23 pm

Van Ginkel has turned down Milan loan move-GDM

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/milan/milan-van-ginkel-il-giocatore-vuole-restare-al-chelsea-le-ultime/
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:27 pm

The loan rumors I've seen involve a club paying Monaco 20 million this summer (which is close to his wages in one season under his current deal). Basically, Monaco won't have to pay Falcao for one season if he goes on loan which might be attractive considering their owner's messy divorce lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:34 pm

That's still a terrible deal for Monaco, however you look at it. Either you pay or u gtfo.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Messy divorce where half his fortune is still 5 billion Laughing And that's just based on what Forbes and his wife know...  you can bet your life that he has a TON of stuff that aren't under his name.

And in any case, the Monaco team president came out this afternoon to say that Falcao is not for sale unless someone triggers his release clause and he wants to go (basically no choice then). So that ends the stupid loan deal rumor Laughing

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Times say we want Cerci rofl

Yeah because he's going to turn down Arsenal, Atletico etc to join us Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:58 pm

If we are not in for him or Atletico pulls out then you can easily get him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Lots of ifs and besides that's without talking about the finance involved which we will go nowhere near matching.

It does confirm one thing though, the silliness of deadline day is soon to be upon us.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Times say we want Cerci rofl

Yeah because he's going to turn down Arsenal, Atletico, Milan etc to join us Laughing

Fixed.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:05 pm

what;s the reasoning behind Arsenal signing Cerci? what's wrong with Oxlade?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Casciavit wrote:

Yeah because he's going to turn down Arsenal, Atletico, Milan etc to join us Laughing

Fixed.

Didn't even know you were linked tbf Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:06 pm

S wrote:Van Ginkel has turned down Milan loan move-GDM

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/milan/milan-van-ginkel-il-giocatore-vuole-restare-al-chelsea-le-ultime/

Hopefully this Justin Bieber look alike rots on the bench at Chelsea.

Not even ahead of Obi Mikel in pecking order rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:09 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:what;s the reasoning behind Arsenal signing Cerci? what's wrong with Oxlade?

IF it's true which I doubt then he is going to be Podolski's replacement at LW. However with Giroud injured and Podolski staying. I can't see it now

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:what;s the reasoning behind Arsenal signing Cerci? what's wrong with Oxlade?

Di Marzio wrote in his article about Sanchez playing at CF(until Giroud returns) with Cerci probably being deployed at RW.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Reports out there claiming we are going to sell Rami, so we can fund Torres' wages..

Holy crap you can't make this shit up rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

Fixed.

Didn't even know you were linked tbf Laughing

We have been negotiating for a while, Torino's owner even called Galliani stingy Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next