How are you expecting your club to do next season?

+43
S
MaraVilla
Gil
Lord Awesome
Casciavit
BusterLfc
El Gunner
DeviAngel
TenMenWonTheLeague
RED
Andrew
Blue Barrett
zizzle
Curtinho
Rossoneri Ninja
Glory
iftikhar
Kick
Robespierre
RedOranje
nasir6371
UnitedInRed
farfan
Mr Nick09
rwo power
zigra
Onyx
Nishankly
Cruijf
Valkyrja
terrance511
VivaStPauli
halamadrid2
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
sportsczy
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
McLewis
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How are you expecting your club to do next season? Empty How are you expecting your club to do next season?

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:35 pm

Taking in mind the transfers and potential transfers, the pre season in terms of fitness and all the other factors.

How do you think your club will do next season and what are your expectations?

Arsenal

Right now with our 4 transfers, I am quite content. We did really well in the premier league last season and only lost out with 7 points because of many factors which hopefully are avoided.

If we do manage to sign a midfielder as well then I would genuinely expect Arsenal to challenge for the PL and all the other cup competitions. CL has been a bit poor for us recently with us going out of R16 in each of our last 3 years. So I hope we progress further otherwise we are out of pot 1 in place of some scrub team in the EL.

So this is what I am expecting or hopeful for

Premier League: Top 2
Champions League: Semi Final
FA Cup: Win
CoC: Not bothered.

Other teams I care about but obviously don't support like I support Arsenal

Roma

Serie A: Win :coffee:
Champions League: R16 would be decent start for Roma in their first CL in years
Coppa Italia: Would be difficult because of too many extra games for Roma so Quarter Final

Inter Milan

Serie A: 3rd. :coffee: Liking Inter's signings so far and hopefully they do well this season.
Europa League: Semi Final
Coppa Italia: Win. Mazzari is good at cups so why not

Lyon

Ligue 1: Lyon have a decent to poor team with some good young talented players so it's going to be unpredictable. I am hopeful for a top 8 finish though.
Europa League: R16
French Cup: Quarter Final
2nd French Cup: Semi Final
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

How are you expecting your club to do next season? Empty Re: How are you expecting your club to do next season?

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Milan

Pippo is still a question mark at the highest level, despite his good stint as the Primavera coach. He'll be put to the test on day 1 with Lazio. Though the management seem like they will give him support, its still a bit early to tell where Milan might end up on the table. We still haven't answered our LB problem, with Vrsaljko moving to Sassuolo and Criscito staying put at Zenit (Ansaldi leaving will make Zenit tighten their grip on him more). We still need another winger, preferably someone (Not Nani) who plays on the right. Other than that, i'd like to see Pippo vesting his faith on youngsters, like Dost said. Even if we do complete much of these signings, i still don't think we'd be up to par with the top 3.

Serie A: Anywhere from 4th to 10th
Coppa Italia: R16
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How are you expecting your club to do next season? Empty Re: How are you expecting your club to do next season?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:55 pm

Narrowly avoid relegation.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:04 pm

For Roma, our priority is the scudetto. This is our best chance in years to win it so we're going to focus on that. This will likely to be the detriment of the CL campaign, but I think we have enough about us to at least get out of the group stage. I think that's as far as we'll go this year though.

As for the Coppa, I that's honestly more realistic as the games are spread out a bit more. There's obviously going to still be some traffic jams, but as this is domestic cup and Roma still sit near the top of it, I think we'll give a good account of ourselves in it, as we always do.

The key for us is to stay healthy. I really shake my head when I think about what we could've done had Totti and Gervinho not been injured, had Destro not been out half the season... and not to mention Strootman later on as well. Keep players of that caliber healthy (Iturbe as well now) and we always have a chance on all 3 fronts.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:09 pm

same as last season.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:34 pm

Given the amount of competition I think another top six finish would be good for Sevilla, though I reckon Sevilla could have a good push at that fourth spot this season. Athletic, Socieded and Sevilla are pretty much on the same level squad wise (and they all lost their best player). Not entirely sure about Valencia right now since their manager is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Saying that, a lot will depend on Emery making a quick decision on how he wants to set the team up now that he can no longer build around Rakitic. 4-4-2 has been the formation most used in pre-season so far, which I have a lot of reservations about but probably best suits the squad right now with Bacca, Gameiro and Aspas all at the club. Still have my fingers crossed he'll use 4-2-3-1.

I hope for another deep run in the Europa League, too.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:39 pm

OM... 3rd is the goal imo. Monaco and PSG are too talented and Bielsa will take a year to get everyone into shape physically and tactically. About 15 mil of wages is coming off the books this year so there should be a lot of money available for transfers next summer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:44 pm

If we get Reus

League: Winner
CL: Semis
FA Cup/COC: Win 1 of them

Since we're not getting Reus Sad

League: Top 4
CL: Round 16 OR Get 3rd Win EL
FA Cup/COC: Win 1 of them.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:57 pm

We'll win the Bundesliga easily. Especially with Lewa coming in and not only improving us but screwing up our nearest title challengers.

We'll win la liga easily. Especially with Rodriguez and Kroos coming in and not only improving us but Chelsea have weakened our rivals significantly.

We'll win Ligue 1 easily. Especially as we're the only good team in it.

We'll most definitely win the Premier league with our Chelsea / Atletico hybrid team. Not to mention the best midfielder in the World feeding the best pure 9 in the World

We'll probably win Serie A even with a new coach imo.

The SPL is ours, Forza celtic.

The SPFL is ours too. Forza Rangers.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:02 pm

top 3 and a deep FA Cup run

IF we got Vidal, Cuadrado and a couple of improvements at CB..which would be a perfect window..then compete for the title.

Last edited by Firenze on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:03 pm

so far we have added good to our squad. Before this season we needed another midfielder, another forward and possibly a goalkeeper (but not necessity). We bought Kroos for a decent price which covered our midfield issue of being too thin. We bought (although not official yet) Navas for a good price to eventually replace Iker next season. We are rumoured to get Falcao on a season long loan which would give us many options up front. Then it's the yearly galactico signing this time his name is James Rodriguez(next summer it will be future BPL goat Jovetic stay safe nasir Proud ) but we covered everyhing we needed to cover before signing this guy. As it looks not Khedira is on the verge of signing a new contract and PSG are no closer to stumping up the cash for DiMaria. So going into next season we will have enough depth to challenge on all fronts. So provided we keep Khedira and DiMaria but expectations are:

LaLiga: Win or neck and neck with whoever wins it getting more than 90 points
Copa: Win
CL: Final, possibly win but won't be too gutted as long as we fought hard
Supercup: Win
Supercopa: Win
Club world cup: Win

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:06 pm

St. Pauli
Narrowly miss promotion.

Eintracht Frankfurt
Narrowly avoid demotion.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:07 pm

Tom Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:06 pm

LaLiga: Win
Copa: athetico get it
CL: win
Supercup: Win
Supercopa: win
Club world cup: Win
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:05 pm

If Di Maria stays, anything but treble should be considered a failure. If he leaves, 2 of CL/League/Cup, at least SF in CL.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:09 pm

Everyone's optimism about their respective clubs just makes this worse Sad 

I'm predicting a similar season to last, right down to Pippo getting the sack in January. An uncharacteristically decent end of transfer window might change that though.

Overall:

Serie A: 7th
Coppa Italia: Quarter Finals
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:10 pm

I would wait until Liverpool signs an attacker( Preferably a striker who can play a poverty Suarez role ) and at least one full back before thinking about this season.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:19 pm

ACMRox wrote:Everyone's optimism about their respective clubs just makes this worse Sad 

I'm predicting a similar season to last, right down to Pippo getting the sack in January. An uncharacteristically decent end of transfer window might change that though.

Overall:

Serie A: 7th
Coppa Italia: Quarter Finals

Not everyone Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Can't see us winning the CL. We just won't be as motivated as last year.

Copa del Rey, wouldn't be surprised if we got to the final. Don't really care if we win it or not though.

La Liga is what I'm hoping we win. We've won it like once in the past 6 years.

Should win 2/3 of the European Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup and Club World Cup.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 pm

We should walk the league and win the cup. Depending on who we get I hope we make it past the group stage.. more than that would be a huge bonus.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:15 am

I hope RWO will manage to gain promotion to the third division after this season! (For that we need to win the Regionalliga West *plus* survive a two-legged relegation play-off afterwards.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:21 am

On that note, I hope Southend United can obtain automatic promotion to League 1 this season and not go out in the bloody play-offs for the third time in a row, thereby justifying hiring Phil Brown as manager.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:29 am

i hope psg can win ligue 1 again. wont be easy with all those top teams like monaco, lille, marseille, rennes, lyon etc... but fingers crossed they can do it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:29 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:i hope psg can win ligue 1 again. wont be easy with all those top teams like monaco, lille, marseille, rennes, lyon etc... but fingers crossed they can do it.

oh, you .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:37 am

Utd: Runners up, Capital One Cup champions. FA cup fourth place.
Milan: Winners, Copa Italia 2nd place.
Bayern: Winners of every competition they compete in.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next