DeviAngel
inderbaby
Tomwin Lannister
juve_gigi
9 posters

Go down

Hi everyone... Empty Hi everyone...

Post by juve_gigi Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Its been a long time since I posted so just wanted to say hi.  This past year was very challenging for me as my mamma passed on (Nonna to you guys).  But she died peacefully and with lots of love and family around her so that was special.

Vancouver, Canada was busy these last couple of weeks as Carlo Ancelotti married his sweetheart in Vancouver last week (Mariann Auger is a local Vancouver lady).  My buddy's friend was actually at the wedding as he is best friends with Mariann.  Ancelotti bought a house in the ritzy part of Vancouver so he will be coming around more often to Vancouver I am sure.  My buddy who is a Milanista already met him so maybe I will meet him too one day soon...

As for Juventus, wow what a week!!  This reminds me of the old days when we sold Baggio and Zidane.  Such controversy and negativity.  So many great players and coaches have come and gone from Juventus, but at the end of the day, Juve is Juve.  No one player, not even the greatest Italian player ever Baggio, is greater than the team.  People saying they will never watch Juve again because our coach quit on us is crazy talk.  You are just emotional and you will get over it.  I've been following Juve since the 80's and so I have seen them all come and go.  So the events of the last week although unexpected do not surprise me either as this is the norm in Italian Calcio.

Firstly, selling Vidal is a business decision.  It's all about the money at the end of the day.  Always has been.  If he stays great, if he is sold hopefully it is for $50 million minimum.  We sold Baggio and Zidane so selling Vidal isn't the end of the world.  Italy cannot compete with other countries anymore in terms of economics and player acquisitions.  It is just the reality.  Even Barca had to sell Sanchez and Fabregas in order to splash the cash for Suarez.  It is totally unreasonable to think that Juve can just spend $50 million or so in the transfer market without having to sell players.  Those days don't exist anymore.  It doesn't matter how much we made in Europe last year or how much we are making because of our new stadium.  We lost a boatload of money because of Calciopoli and we are still recovering really.  It may take several more years before we are fully recovered.  By last reports it looks like Vidal may stay so that is good news.  It means however that we won't be spending $30 million on one player hence the Iturbe deal falling through.  I think we have enough as it is with some minor tweaking to win Serie A once again and perhaps make a decent run at the CL.  Winning the CL may not happen for several more years unfortunately but I think we can be competitive and who knows with some smart purchases like Marotta has made in the past we may be able to take a run at CL even as early as this coming year.

As for Antonio Conte, well I must say I am surprised.  I have always praised Conte in the past and I think he is a wonderful coach and a great leader and motivator.  But I have to say he is a very stubborn Italian, just like I used to be when I was younger!!  He has done great things at Juve and I am saddened that he has left this way.  But the reality is he is not bigger than the club.  He had a very good team last year and couldn't even get past the group stages in CL or beat Benfica at home to get to the Europa Cup final at Juventus stadium.  So he has to this point been a failure in Europe for the most part.  So he has some growing up to do and some maturation.  Also, I did not like this abrupt departure, leaving Juve hanging on the first day of pre-season.  That was a classless move on his part.  He needs to grow up a little and realize he is not bigger than any club.  So although I am upset at his departure, it probably was for the best as he has some growing up to do and he has to still learn how to win in Europe.  Thank you Antonio Conte for all your hard work these last 3 years, we will miss you but please learn from your mistakes and come back a much wiser and more mature man.

As for Allegri, well I was never a big fan to be honest.  I used to always joke with my best friend who is a Milanista that Allegri was their biggest problem holding them back.  Well I guess karma is a b*itch and now we have to deal with Mr. Allegri over at Juve.  I can honestly say he is not the worst option, maybe not the best but certainly not the worst.  Because of Conte's immaturity and quitting on the team in mid-July, we really didn't have many options and Conte put Juve in a very difficult position to find a new coach when literally almost no one of relevence was available.  So Allegri was basically the only safe option at this point really.  We gave him a two year deal so that is a good timeline to see what he can do with a loaded team.  If he fails then Deschamps or Zidane or someone else should be available in two years to take the reigns.

As for Juventus, they are who I follow, not really any individual player.  Juve is Juve.  We bleed black and white.  Don't let the events of this last week bother you too much.  I am old enough to have seen it all and yes it did shake even me up for a day or so.  But I am over it now.  

"Dopo la mamma amo solo La Juve"!!!  My mom was my best friend and I loved her dearly.  After her, it is only Juve for me.  She would have told me to stay calm and never forget the good times and that more good times are coming soon.  So let's wait to see what materializes over the summer in terms of the transfer market and let us never forget the good times.

Here is to more good times ahead for my beloved Juve...

I will post more often as my schedule permits but I do read alot and I want to thank Dejan for keeping this forum alive and well.  Take care guys and chat soon...

Last edited by juve_gigi on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone... Empty Re: Hi everyone...

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Hey I'm sorry to hear that man. My condolences.

Yeah it's been a ridiculous 24 hours for us.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Hey I'm sorry to hear that man. My condolences.

Yeah it's been a ridiculous 24 hours for us.

Thanks Tom! Well it's not over yet so much more may happen soon!
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Condolences to you and your family. Great post bro. I agree with you though business is business. Every player has his price. All we can do is carry on supporting our team. Besides winning the scudetto every year...where is the fun in that Wink

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:55 pm

My condolences papa Sad I miss you
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:59 pm

As a fellow old man of the forum, my condolences to you as well and I hope to see you post more often. Take care of yourself.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:12 pm

My condolences to you mate.

After the last 24 hours I calmed down a bit as well, and I can say you are pretty much right in everything you wrote down (though I see a greater chance of Conte coming back in a not-so-distant future, than Zidane or any other manager).

There is only one thing that keeps my head spinning, who are we going to sign for our striker department? As Osvaldo, Quags, Vucinic are out, we are severely lacking strikers at the moment.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:02 pm

I am sorry to hear that news sir. My condolences to you and your family. We miss you Papa!

Thanks for your support really, it really helps us as you seem to be an experienced fan of Juve since a long long time and I trust your words. Maybe Conte will return in the future after his character becomes stronger, just like Marcello Lippi... He has a bright future infront of him.

The situation is getting better after 24 hours, but it still does hurt and I'm afraid that chaos may hit soon if we don't get any good players.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:06 am

Thanks everyone for your kind support.  I miss you too Dejan...  I promise to post more often.  My personal situation is alot better now...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:05 am

My condolences to you and your respected family.
I was so sad that day hearing both bad news (conte and iturbe) and mainly for our team without a coach 2 days before preseason, cause I have seen many successful local teams who failed due to a bad preseason. however the immediate club's reaction made me calm.
With due respect I don't see allegri the way you do since when he had ibra and silva and his other big players like boateng, his team played better than conte's Juve.
beside as you mentioned we didn't have many options.
anyways, It's great to have you and Juventud around since I always love your posts.
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Im sorry to hear that news but im glad you are OK now.It's great to have a fan/user like you back in these situations.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum