urbaNRoots
Gil
Onyx
futbol
Mr Nick09
73 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Alexis on the move let's see where he lands - Page 7 Empty Re: Alexis on the move let's see where he lands

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:06 am

loooooool.

Thanks Fussball. You're like the great-granddad that everyone heard a tale about from their grandmothers, who came home after a day of hard work and called dinner 'eatable', and that was a huge compliment Proud

Sounds like I need to dig out some youtube videos of some of the countless embarrasing posts I made to stop the Hans hype

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Alexis on the move let's see where he lands - Page 7 Empty Re: Alexis on the move let's see where he lands

Post by Sri Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:07 am

He has good potential and a high ceiling. GL values potential. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:26 am

Arq i'm sorry but Hazard has done nothing to achieve the hype and praise he gets he's achieved no more than Alexis as an individual player in helping his team be successful.

That's not to say Alexis has done anything spectacular either, just that Hazard's hype and highlight reels on youtube far outweighs his actual performances as of now.

He's not underrated at all, just some people on here have some mythical standard they view him to be at which doesn't exist.... He's nowhere near the tier of top wingers/attacking midfielders spoken about in this thread when you consider his actual performances related to his peers.

Talk about his talent and highlight reels of meaningless nothing, i really don't care..... i want to see performances that contribute to team success and as of right now he's done nothing to be deserving of the acclaim he receives.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:50 am

If we're really going into detail,lets also consider that Hazard at 23 is much better than Sanchez was at the same age.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:59 am

Some of you get too bothered by Gil, he's a WUM.

Anyways just for the sake of discussion, I'd say Sanchez is in the tier 2 list of wingers. Below the likes of Robben, Ribery, Bale, Reus, and Nerman.

Still a great player and great signing though, I expect Arsenal to challenge for the title next season.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i remember that Allas video showing Alexis consistently attacking some poor team in between the lines to get open. Like running, stopping, moving the defender back, running again. Just some fantastic stuff that the replay makes you appreciate even more. ill be damned the day i see Hazard run that hard off the ball to stay open

Intelligent player as shown in this video- sad to see him leave

Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Damn, one season to posters here means everything lol. Hazard has shown up in all the big games with Chelsea;So I do not understand that Ozil comparison. Did Madrid/Barca fans feel this way about Sanchez/DiMAria before this season? Laughing Laughing Laughing 
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Well good point. Maybe we should look at what they did further away from the present time to make a judgement on their current qualities.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Yea... Consistency is irrelevant :coffee: 
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:01 pm

I always thought someone who isnt consistent is someone who plays a good game followed up by a bad one and so on like that. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, cant rely on him to perform for weeks on end.

Not someone who came to a new team, league and style of football and had to adapt. Then they adapted and for an entire season performed at a high level.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Can't wait to see Sanchez in the EPL. Incredible how overrated he has become after the world cup. He will do fine, but he is not going to come anywhere near the success Hazard will have this season individually or team wise.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:49 pm

please, the most Hazard did collectively with Chelsea was ball watching Juanfran cross inside the box. Then he surpassed himself and did it again.

Alexis more than matched what Hazard is capable of individually this season with Club. He has long exceeded his level with his national team.

If Hazard, and the 3 years exp he has with chelsea doesnt put together a better season than Sanchez in his new club, i will genuinely have a laugh
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:57 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:like say, running to cover the fullback. like pressing off the ball. like defending in general. like making runs off the ball to attack the box instead of trying 1-2s all the time. just off the top of my head
Many of these things are luxuries for star players. Hazard's fullback is very good at defending but poor offensively. All of the elite left-sided players (Cristiano, Ribéry, Neymar, Reus) have strong offensive outlets that attract attention (Marcelo, Alaba, Alba, Durm). Hazard doesn't.

Hazard is the only creative threat at Chelsea. He provides invention on the ball that Willian and Oscar don't. Sánchez doesn't have such a burden. This plays a part. You can't regularly make runs off the ball when you are the one that's needed on the ball.

Sánchez is helped by the general dominance of the ball that Barça has. There are several threats that need to be marked, and in La Liga you don't often see the bunker-type defending from weaker teams like you do in England. I'm not sure if he will be able to replicate his style of play in English football.

I don't think Sánchez is better than Hazard, for all of his abilities off ball. I don't see it being significant unless he can score more often like he has this season. Playing with Messi and friends is different to playing with any English team.

Carlos Vela has outperformed him since they've both come to La Liga but I remember the rumours of Vela's "return" being met with derision from Arsenal fans, whereas Sánchez is the messiah. I think he'll struggle in English football, but I would be glad if I am wrong.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:51 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:No i am just trying to say that Alexis Sanchez is a better football player than Hazard, just like Di Maria is a better football player than Ozil. Because they understand that playing footy doesnt end when the ball is not in their feet. They have that ability to impact the game with AND without the ball.

Di Maria is indeed better than Ozil, but Alexis is NOWHERE near Hazard's level
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:26 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:No i am just trying to say that Alexis Sanchez is a better football player than Hazard, just like Di Maria is a better football player than Ozil. Because they understand that playing footy doesnt end when the ball is not in their feet. They have that ability to impact the game with AND without the ball.

Di Maria is indeed better than Ozil, but Alexis is NOWHERE near Hazard's level

nowhere near? rofl wtf do chelsea fans see in hazard? Laughing

because all i see is a decent dribbler that flops in big games/ against any half decent defense. he's like a very poor mans robben.

and nick, ozil's offensive off the ball movement is one of his biggest assets, how the fck can you not know this? :facepalm:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 am

Did i say ozil was bad offensively off the ball? really? dont recall, i probably meant Hazard. but if i did i made a mistake, clearly. it's something that characterizes german forwards this generation, they all have excellent movements. Muller, Reus, Gotze, Schurrle, Ozil, etc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 am

So....if you haven't heard Schuerrle (with the help of Goetze) just won a World Cup for Germany. Is he better than Hazard and Sanchez too? 3 goals and 2 assists, mainly off the bench. hmm
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:54 am

No but Muller is
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:08 am

Schuerrle - Hands down the impact player of the tournament.

Don't think its fair to compare Sanchez playing for Chile to Schurrle playing for Germany tbh. My nan could score 3 goals for Germany.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:47 pm

REWB wrote:nowhere near? rofl wtf do chelsea fans see in hazard? Laughing

because all i see is a decent dribbler that flops in big games/ against any half decent defense. he's like a very poor mans robben.

and nick, ozil's offensive off the ball movement is one of his biggest assets, how the fck can you not know this? :facepalm:

Flop in big games? SUPERB against City at Etihad, wonderful goal vs Liverpool, and they're pretty much the only two big opponents that Chelsea had last season. About CL, Hazard wasn't fit.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Wenger told the BeIN Sports: “No, he did not play as well as I know he could and in the Premier League he is an exceptional player and he is a fantastic player who makes things happen and I always had the idea that with Eden Hazard nothing affects him. In the big games he is great but in this tournament when Belgium really needed him he could not really deliver and I believe it’s mental.

“He is still young and the World Cup belongs to people between 25 and 30, you know, and we have seen Messi before going to World Cups and being anonymous. And whilst he was dominant for his club, he struggled for Argentina. So there is a huge pressure that is put on players in the World Cup and only the really experienced players can handle that.”

Wenger of all people just settle this ridiculous debate. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 pm

It's cute, how the 'Sanchez joins Arsenal' thread has become a beauty contest between Hazard and him.

Different clubs, different contexts, different playing styles, different current/prospective roles.

It's not intelligent to compare two players in different teams in different styles and different approaches, just because they seem to play in the same position on the field. This is exacerbated by the fact that Sanchez hasn't even played in the Premier League yet.

Do your comparisons in the Right Back Better Than Yours section ffs. It's such a deception to open this thread to only read about Hazard and shizz.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:28 pm

lol, Sanchez and hazard don't belong in the aforementioned categories.
Sanchez is rated just fine as hazard has become massively overrated that it's getting unbelievable. but then again, in the second tier category, Sanchez just edges it out for he's goal scoring, off the ball ability, versatility, work rate and positioning. ffs, we're comparing hazard with players like nerman and robben? lol. The best hazard vs the worse Sanchez even without the freedom and being the main man in barca, and still hazard doesn't have any meaningful advantage over him. why don't you compare the Chile Sanchez and the Belgian hazard then?.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Bankz wrote:lol, Sanchez and hazard don't belong in the aforementioned categories.
Sanchez is rated just fine as hazard has become massively overrated that it's getting unbelievable. but then again, in the second tier category, Sanchez just edges it out for he's goal scoring, off the ball ability, versatility, work rate and positioning. ffs, we're comparing hazard with players like nerman and robben? lol. The best hazard vs the worse Sanchez even without the freedom and being the main man in barca, and still hazard doesn't have any meaningful advantage over him. why don't you compare the Chile Sanchez and the Belgian hazard then?.

The traits you named are pulling at straws as I guess we'll just forget that Hazard is much that Sanchez is NOT which is two-footed, creative, and has scored more in less games despite being TWO years younger.

You just have to watch the two to see the difference.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:43 pm

srigooner wrote:It's cute, how the 'Sanchez joins Arsenal' thread has become a beauty contest between Hazard and him.

:coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:52 pm

Gil wrote:

Wenger told the BeIN Sports: “No, he did not play as well as I know he could and in the Premier League he is an exceptional player and he is a fantastic player who makes things happen and I always had the idea that with Eden Hazard nothing affects him. In the big games he is great but in this tournament when Belgium really needed him he could not really deliver and I believe it’s mental.

“He is still young and the World Cup belongs to people between 25 and 30, you know, and we have seen Messi before going to World Cups and being anonymous. And whilst he was dominant for his club, he struggled for Argentina. So there is a huge pressure that is put on players in the World Cup and only the really experienced players can handle that.”

Wenger of all people just settle this ridiculous debate. Laughing

I'm I missing something here? Isn't neymar supposed to be the younger one? (Of whic was faced with 20 times more pressure hazard will ever face) Isn't James apparently younger? Isn't pogba younger? Isn't gotze younger? So where's this notion that world cups are mainly for those BTW 25 and 30? And that its normal to fail at 23? :facepalm: 
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next