sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Just putting it out there. Hairdressers are legit AF!

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:15 pm

EL Patron wrote:
He ain't even worth that, hasn't had a decent season in ages. He is still living off his performance in international tournaments.

100k should be the most we offer.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:22 pm

El Gunner wrote:Just putting it out there. Hairdressers are legit AF!

Mannone's hairdresser a few years ago said that Walcott was 100% leaving and going to Liverpool.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | UK Correspondent

Arsenal are considering a move for Brazil international Bernard as Arsene Wenger targets a second marquee forward signing of the summer, Goal understands.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Marquee bah gawd
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:45 pm

So, Sanchez & Debuchy imminent, Remy close, Khedira bid has been submitted.

Nice to see Wenger identifying targets earlier than usual and completing deals earlier than usual.

Back-up keeper and centre-back (if Vermaelen goes) next I guess.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:58 pm

absolutely does not worth 150k
if we can really afford to have another player on such high wages it should be another star attacker not freaking Khedira!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:24 pm

i would rather have lars bender than khadira
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:08 am

Luis Suarez hopes to be unveiled as Barcelona player on Thursday once Alexis Sanchez completes £30m switch to Arsenal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2686678/Luis
Suarez-hopes-nveiled-Barcelona-player-Thursday.html
--------------------------------------------------------------

I dont get it which is it, us waiting for them or they are waiting for us?  Laughing 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:08 am

Lars Bender over Khedira Laughing

Guys be serious for one moment, Lars Bender is INFERIOR to Khedira let's not even go there. One started in a CL final and will start in a World Cup final, the other one will forever stay in Leverkusen fighting to reach CL football in the Bundesliga and get wrecked in the CL.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:22 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Luis Suarez hopes to be unveiled as Barcelona player on Thursday once Alexis Sanchez completes £30m switch to Arsenal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2686678/Luis
Suarez-hopes-nveiled-Barcelona-player-Thursday.html
--------------------------------------------------------------

I dont get it which is it, us waiting for them or they are waiting for us?  Laughing 

10 July 11 PM UK time.
For the launch of the new Puma Kit live from London.

We will probably know more then.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:27 am

Next few days are big. Debuchy and Sanchez should be announced with the Puma unveil

Khedira/Lars/Schneiderlin hopefully will be next.

Then we can sort out the CB and GK positions. Can't see us going after a big name GK at all so it doesn't matter much if we do get someone.

CB is more of a priority. Still hoping for Schaar.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:53 am

RealGunner wrote:Next few days are big. Debuchy and Sanchez should be announced with the Puma unveil

Khedira/Lars/Schneiderlin hopefully will be next.

Then we can sort out the CB and GK positions. Can't see us going after a big name GK at all so it doesn't matter much if we do get someone.

CB is more of a priority. Still hoping for Schaar.

Agree.
We are not going to be replacing Szczesny and there are many serviceable backup GKs around. I would still like to see us get a upgrade CF that is not Remy to push Giroud. Just do not think we will.
If we bring in Sanchez, Campbell and Remy to play with Walcott I think we will see a change in our formation so we can use everyone.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:00 am

I'm betting we won't see a player announced with the Puma release. Maybe Debuchy will be confirmed later in the day, but the 11:00 unveil will be all about the kit, I reckon.

Also think it'll be a little while longer before Sanchez is announced, if only because we're usually slow with announcements.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:13 am

Our media ( local newcastle) seem to think the Debuchy deal isn't done yet, its gonna be done obviously but there are still things being discussed apparently.

Although they have been wrong before and it could be just you waiting for the Puma reveal who knows really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:14 am

Urgh Khedira has to make things difficult.. Wenger won't pay 153k p/week.. and rightly so.

That would make him paid significantly more than Ramsey, Cazorla, Theo and Giroud.

Sorry lad but you're an out of favour defensive(ish) midfielder and have had very little reported interest from elsewhere. Take the pay bump and regular football and pipe down.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:21 am

khedira is not out of favour lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:41 am

no?.. Wow how peoples tune on him appears to have changed after the W/C.

1. If he is not out of favour.. why are RM even considering selling?
2. Why did he only appear 13 times last season?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:46 am

1) because he has one year on his deal and has turned down our renewal offer. Also has a lot of competition in madrid now

2) he got injured in november, torn ligament. started all 4 of our CL games and was part of our best run with alonso and modric before he got hurt.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:21 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Lars Bender over Khedira Laughing

Guys be serious for one moment, Lars Bender is INFERIOR to Khedira let's not even go there. One started in a CL final and will start in a World Cup final, the other one will forever stay in Leverkusen fighting to reach CL football in the Bundesliga and get wrecked in the CL.

Gonna go out on a limb and agree with Urban here.

Might actually take a chance on Sven because he's more of a DM than either.. but still going for khedira would be great. lsn't a prototypical DM, but in our system he'll do a job. And then some. l mean Arteta has been our Dm for like 3 years now ffs, and he's made it work really well for the most part.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:31 am

@Nick - Yes and forgive me because you're the Madrid fan.. but from my understanding after his return from injury.. Khedira never managed to cement a place - therefore falling out of favour. If Modric and Alonso are the preferred DM combo, Khedira is out of favour no?

Wasn't it you that said you would happily sell him for 23mil before finding a replacement, indicating even you believe he is disposable.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:41 am

Arteta played a disciplined sitting role as opposed to active ball winner, which is exactly what our midfield needs. Khedria brings quality to our midfield but can he perform that role consistently? Otherwise we'll have to have Ramsey sit deeper more often than we perhaps should.

In theory, having two box-to-box midfielders together makes for a very flexible pivot, but we would be relying a lot on their tactical ability; how they read the game and decide who sits and who goes forward. I'd feel more comfortable with a dedicated sitter in there, because at least that way we'd always have that cover.

If Khedria can do that, then fine, but I understand he's best in the role Ramsey played last season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:42 am

before getting injured khedira was starting along alonso and modric. When he returned from injury, we kept him away from the field to have him in time for the CL final, and even then he was barely 60-70% fitness.

my opinion is not important here, i dont like him much as a player. But player that is out of favor isnt getting a renewal offer as well as a vote of confidence from the manager.

@Jay, you are correct. Khedira is not disciplined positionally, he will always be trying to run forward, that's just who he is, and how he can be relevant. Even vs brazil, he had piggy sitting deep as well as Kroos hanging back a lot more. he was free to burst forward and to make his run. It's going to be odd tbh, a double pivot works best when you have a holding mid and someone that moves up and down. But there is also the theory that two box to box can play together and be dynamic as long as they both read each other's movements. One hangs back while the other attack but not both at the same time. It requires both players to be very complete, but in theory look at what Schweinsteiger and Javi Martinez achieved when they wrecked barca midfield in CL.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:59 am

Seems to me that your opinion is shared by the bulk of Madrid fans.

Players with one year left on their contract don't renew for one of three reasons.. either Madrid aren't meeting his wage demands, he is fearful that he won't get regular starts OR he wants to move on to greener pastures.

Given he's at Madrid that discounts greener pastures. I haven't heard Ancelotti offer any votes of confidence publicly, he seems to be doing his best to squeeze every cent out of him with murmurs of Chelsea interest - probably to allow for a move for Vidal/Kroos and James.

Anyway if these wage demands are true that makes me a little more indifferent about it going ahead.. Khedira remains preferable to me after Gustavo but Bender and Schneid come cheaper and with a silverlining in their defensive offerings, as GoonerJay mentioned.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 am

It all depends on what you want in midfield, do you want another box to box runner and play a more open game? Get Khedira or Bender. Or do you want the safer yet not as exciting option, a player who sits and does his job without going forward too much? Get Luiz Gustavo or Schneiderlin.

If it was up to me, I'd go with the safer option.

To me the best option is Schneiderlin because I've seen him do both and he does both very well. If that is not possible, just go for Luiz Gustavo, pay his release clause and get it done.

As you can imagine all of them will be super expensive, Luiz Gustavo and Khedira in wages, while Bender and Schneiderlin in transfer fees, it still won't strike me as a surprise if we don't sign any DM at all.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:18 am

By the way, seems I mis-read the time for the kit launch; it's 23:00 UK time, which is a completely stupid time for any unveiling. I doubt there'll be any player announcements today.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next