sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:52 pm

I for one am happy that we are finally going after players of Ozil and Sanchez's caliber. This crazy concept that is 'self sufficiency' isnt such a bad thing after all eh boys Wink

who here would have even fathomed the idea that we would be after such players 3 years ago , when we were duking it out with the likes of fulham, and blackburn to land SAmba and Hangenland!!! Laughing

Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Juve just spent a lot of money on Morata apparently.. l dunno just find it hard to see them out bidding us for Sanchez as well.

Only reason Napoli out bid us for Higuain was because they got that crazy deal for Cavani

Plus all the reports are that he WANTS to play here.. l don't really remember Higuain pushing for a move here over other clubs..Think we'll get him.

Still need a CF though.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:02 pm

My guess is that we won't sign a centre forward if we sign Sanchez. Not an expensive one, anyway... not that there's many of those available right now. We may just rely on Podolski, Walcott and maybe Sanchez himself to play there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:06 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:My guess is that we won't sign a centre forward if we sign Sanchez. Not an expensive one, anyway... not that there's many of those available right now. We may just rely on Podolski, Walcott and maybe Sanchez himself to play there.
GoonerJay29 wrote:My guess is that we won't sign a centre forward if we sign Sanchez. Not an expensive one, anyway... not that there's many of those available right now. We may just rely on Podolski, Walcott and maybe Sanchez himself to play there.

If Theo stays injury free, that's still an upgrade from last season.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:12 pm

didnt we play WAlcott in the striker position and he looked comfortable in few occaisions? I think with Giroud, Walcott and possibly another striker Like Campbell, we will be okay.

We will always have other attackers who will addin the goals either way. ALso, walcott would not havemissed those chances that Giroud pissed away to be honest. See that game against Chelsea.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:26 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Juve just spent a lot of money on Morata apparently.. l dunno just find it hard to see them out bidding us for Sanchez as well.

Only reason Napoli out bid us for Higuain was because they got that crazy deal for Cavani

Plus all the reports are that he WANTS to play here.. l don't really remember Higuain pushing for a move here over other clubs..Think we'll get him.

Still need a CF though.

Juventus were never in the race for Sanchez and wont outbid anyone.Juve's targets are Morata and Iturbe.After that,i think we're done.

All that is left is Arsenal to negotiate an agreeable fee with Barca.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:30 pm

https://twitter.com/MirrorAnderson/status/486115420181901313  cheers 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm with Jay.
If Sanchez comes I don't see any other big name striker coming. And I also don't see Sanchez playing upfront first time. Only when Giroud gets injured or if he is massively out of form.
Throwing Sanchez upfront right from the start in this league would be a bit of a bad decision imo.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:43 pm

One thing is for sure, if Sanchez doesn't sign, Armageddon is going to become a reality.

Already fans are on the cusp of a mental breakdown. Im honestly starting to believe that Arsene and the management love driving the fans up the walls.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Sina wrote:https://twitter.com/MirrorAnderson/status/486115420181901313  cheers 
Laughing happy days. Happy every time some other club pulls out.
Can every party involved just finish these deals - Suarez, Sanchez. So that all can just move on.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:didnt we play WAlcott in the striker position and he looked comfortable in few occaisions? I think with Giroud, Walcott and possibly another striker Like Campbell, we will be okay.

We will always have other attackers who will addin the goals either way. ALso, walcott would not havemissed those chances that Giroud pissed away to be honest. See that game against Chelsea.

Walcott literally plays as a RF for us. Playing him upfront is nearly the same as playing him as a RF because he keeps drifting inside. That's his best position and role as he has had immense success in that area.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Hopefully Joel Campbell can start as a 9

He has pace, great vision, good size, and a fantastic finisher. He seems to check all the boxes in terms of Wenger's preferred style of striker.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:57 pm

There's some suggestion today that Campbell could be part of the Debuchy deal.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/07/newcastle-mathieu-debuchy-arsenal-transfer-deal?CMP=twt_gu

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:12 pm

Joel's current value should be at least 10m lol. Debuchy would cost us 2-4m if he was part of a permanent deal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:14 pm

I think Campbell is good, but being overrated by some quarters of our fanbase. Also, he's about as ready as Sanogo for our first team, if not slightly more.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Campbell is a lot more ready for the first team than Sanogo. He's much more experienced and is more developed; doesn't look anywhere near as raw as Sanogo does.

Anyway, according to this report in the Liverpool Echo, Liverpool were told by Sanchez's reps that he is likely to join Arsenal, citing a desire to live in London as one of the factors. Mentions that both us and Liverpool were willing to meet Barcelona's asking price.

Also says that the Suarez deal should be done soon, as it's just the finer details that need sorting.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:44 pm

Campbell is still young and has much to learn, but he's established himself as a first teamer for Real Betis, then did the same at Olympiakos, and in both the CL & World Cup he's looked pretty good ... not elite, but moments of magic. I think that's definitely a notch about what Sanogo has achieved at this stage!

I agree with the opinion that with Sanchez coming (knock on wood), there won't be a CF signing, or not a big one. I suspect Wenger would view what he has as sufficient. He may be gambling, and personally I'd like to see some kind of extra insurance, but it's a valid point to argue that coverage is OK as is, with Sanchez + Campbell entering the squad. Consider:

You'll have Giroud as the typical starter, at least at first. This will elicit groans from many people who don't rate him highly at all, or simply think that in an ideal scenario he'd be the 2nd choice/rotation striker. (I'm of the latter opinion.) But any honest observer will have to admit that at times he can, and does, play quite well, especially with the likes of Ramsey and Walcott (or Alexis?) in the squad.

There's Sanogo, who has looked promising, and will be slightly older and, we can only hope, delivering more this year.

Those are two designated center forwards who can't really play anywhere else.

Campbell's best position is open to debate, but he's a versatile forward who could maybe do a job up top too.

Then wider players like Podolski, Walcott, and Alexis (?), all of whom are better players than Sanogo, but not all of whom are suitable for Arsenal at CF in every particular circumstance.

(To say nothing of the possibility of Akpom, or maybe a new young signing like David Henen, in Carling Cup matches.)

And then there will be creation + goal threats from Özil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ox ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:48 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Szczesny; Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs; Schneiderlin, Ramsey; Walcott, Ozil, Sanchez; Giroud

Looks fine to me. Don't need to add Griezmann if we get Sanchez.
can sanchez play on the left?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm not entirely sure tbh, but it's probably where he'd end up eventually, assuming Walcott finds form and fitness. Don't see any reason why he wouldn't be able to excel in a free role on that side.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:59 pm

Also don't see why he would find it hard to fit in that place which we really need sorting out for.
A fit and fully loaded Walcott with a hungry, tricky, dynamic Sanchez then you wouldn't mind that much to have someone like Giroud upfront. He would get joy and be made much better than what he actually is.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Campbell chances of making here are pretty slim, Ox and Gnabry are already struggling for first team chances as it is. If we sign Sanchez then his first team chances will be pretty limited.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:07 pm

way too early for any deal to go through i'm afraid, just doesn't look like how Arsenal deal usually goes. Last two time we bought players in early, we sold our captain/most important players the same summer. So TV5, goodbye and thanks you for your service Very Happy

I expect Sanchez deal drag on just like Higuain and there will be some hiccup along the way.

I do feel Campbell is overrated a bit here on GL after Costa Rica heroic display this WC, that's the thing I fear the most, WC hype. Hope it doesn't come back and bite our fans if things don't work out smoothly. Still he's more ready than Sanogo and if anyone has to go on loan, it's Sanogo, at least he found the net something Sanogo wasn't be able to do for the whole year. Also Campbell role will be Giroud back up exclusively, anywhere else on the field, it will be emergency since we're freaking stacked if Sanchez comes.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:10 pm

So, the forgotten man amid all this Sanchez mess, Debuchy.

Wayne 'exclusive' Veysey says a medical was done today and Geoff tweets and deletes saying there wasn't.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:12 pm

if we arent signing any CF! then have to keep Sanogo

campbell on the other hand ,dont see him as someone who would make impact IF he isn't getting enough minutes,has to play regulartly so might as well sell him for the good of all parties and he isnt CF either
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:18 pm

It would make more sense for Campbell to go on loan in the league itself. Atleast to get him settled in the league, when he's not going to get much minutes with us.

Sanogo hasn't found the net, but his physical presence up front and his contribution playing with Giroud was crucial imo to win us the FA Cup. He has a long way to go, but he can do that with regular first team training and cup games.

While this makes sense from a player development PoV, I agree that it might not be what's best for the club. I guess that Wenger and his back room staff will be more adept at gauging that.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:26 pm

@Sri: He was on loan though, to CL team no less and has good performance against European top teams, not to mention he's starter for WC quarter final team. He probably think he's ready for 1st team action and won't be happy/ accept another loan deal in which case, either sell or keep him in 1st team.

@Sina: anyone that doesn't name Benzema, Cavani aka world class forward will be back up for Giroud. The way Giroud looked absolutely spent 2nd half last season, I'm confident Campbell will see plenty of minutes.

All these talk of selling/ loaning Campbell kinda surprise me though, Should we spend time and money finding another CF while there's already ready made material among our rank ?
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next