sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:of course Bender is more a defensive player than Khedira.

Because he does the kind of things a defensive midfielder is supposed to do, get into challenges, win balls, intercept attacks etc.

Played for the national team as a right full back too for *bleep* sake.

Now if you say Khedira is 'simply a better player' than Bender I can't really argue with that, however there are a lot of player you'd consider better than Bender which cannot perform the tasks you need performed. Khedira sure won't perform the defensive tasks better than Bender.

As if Khedira doesn't get into challenges, win balls and intercept attacks. It doesn't matter how you look at it, Khedira offers the same protection defensively and is superior offensively, he is a physical presence and comfortable at the highest level unlike Lars. I look at the overall quality and can see how Khedira can improve us, while with Lars especially after his pooor season I just can't see it.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:11 pm

The fact that Lars doesn't seem to be comfortable making the step up, going by his comments, is a hugely concerning factor to me. We're all about #MentalStrength
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:06 pm

MJGunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:It Could be both Khedira and Schneiderlin coming in.

We wouldn't kill Diaby's career like that. :coffee:

No he would still be able to elevate his career injury record.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:09 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Lars is not more of a pure DM, they are both box-to-box midfielders like Ramsey.

It must be said that I'd definitely sign a "pure DM" too, be it Schneiderlin or Luiz Gustavo but if it comes to Khedira vs Lars Bender then it's really a no-brainer in my opinion.

I would stay away from Brazilians for a while. Their morale could be crushed for a while.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:44 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsVblknIgAAEdDK.jpg

We finished 4th with those players in our squad lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsVblknIgAAEdDK.jpg

Speeerz  smoking 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Geoff claims Khedira wants 200k (didnt say if £ or €)

Either way, it's mad.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsVblknIgAAEdDK.jpg

It is kind of incredible that a squad with those first teamers finished 4th. Still, I'm moved to be the spoilsport ...

Song is kind of a laughing stock now, but there was a period of about a year or two when he was most Gooners', and many neutrals', choice for probably second or third best Arsenal player. He looked rough as a young player but for a few seasons he really blossomed under Wenger.

Chamakh and especially Arshavin (like Gervinho) arrived at Arsenal with a fair amount of hype, let's remember. They weren't necessarily worldbeaters, all of them, but they weren't coming in as scrubs, either. One can argue that they weren't good enough, but no one can say that their reputations weren't respectable pre-Arsenal.

Squillaci, too, was actually an excellent acquisition on paper. He was experienced, coming from several years at Lyon & Sevilla, a French international, signed for peanuts ... honestly, it didn't seem like a bad signing at the time at all. (By contrast, I think I recall Silvestre making almost everyone cringe...)

Arsenal's transfer business sometimes proved to be bad in the lean years, and players came in and underperformed. But let's also remember that this was just at the beginning of the Man City / PSG age, when a 10-15m player could still often buy a really terrific player, and in some of these budget signings were actually quite shrewd, or at least seemed like very safe bets. In fact, since we've seen how clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, and even Chelsea have faltered for a season or more in the league, it's quite remarkable that our guys have kept up when relying upon the likes of Denilson, Eboue, Bendtner, etc.

That's what makes the arrival of players like Mesut and Alexis, and potentially others, so exciting. No more treading water.  Twisted Evil
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Yea exactly. We have come a long way from being in a shit period to a time where we can actually compete with the others. And we do it while spending what we earn rather than rely on foreign rich owners.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:58 pm

geoff is a twitter Internet Bullshit Artist that doesnt know much more than you. he is just good at collecting sources from everywhere and draws level headed conclusion + fairly sound view of footy. come on now

geoff claims... geoff knows nothing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:03 am

Who knows. I do think he works for Arsenal somehow. His information is rarely wrong and is most often the first to break it. And he never claims to be an I-T-K.

Regarding Khedira, It could be that his agent is trying to see if Madrid would offer him something good. It might be a smokescreen for us for another target.

Because more than 150k p/w for Khedira is far too much. Even if we are rich, we still have a wage structure. Ozil on 140k and Sanchez on 130k. Khedira should be somewhere around there.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:07 am

I understand Khedira wanting to get paid though, it's his last big contract. But i doubt he will find many clubs willing to pay him that. Maybe Chelsea if they really are serious
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:39 am

It does seem like Khedira is very likely to arrive, as it stands, however, I'd like to say I feel Schneiderlin would be a better fit.

As everyone has stated on twitter now, Khedira is not a 'DM'. Schneiderlin is! He's also very gifted technically, not just a 'kicker' etc.

Of course, I'd be delighted with Khedira too. He's a world class midfielder who ran the midfield against Brazil in the semi-final and would bring experience, more Germans into the squad :-) and also be recognized as another marquee signing for the club.

I just hope Wenger makes the right decision, whatever that may be.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:03 pm

those wage demands are ridiculous..
and i prefer Schneiderlein who plays a more defensive role, young, would be cheaper and has PL experience..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:12 pm

if Khedira was world class i think i would have seen it at least once in madrid.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Last year some of us were upset we hadn't moved for Fellaini, now some are arguing against signing Khedira Laughing

Amazing how much can change in a year.

Metro and talkSPORT think we're in the "final stages" of negotiations with Khedira but that his wages may prove a stumbling block and if so, Wenger is keeping tabs on Lars Bender and Javi Martinez ( Proud ) as alternatives.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:49 pm

'keeping tabs on', what does that mean? Wenger has a google alert for Martinez?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:53 pm

MJGunner wrote:Metro and talkSPORT think we're in the "final stages" of negotiations with Khedira but that his wages may prove a stumbling block and if so, Wenger is keeping tabs on Lars Bender and Javi Martinez ( Proud ) as alternatives.

I would assume that wages are among the FIRST things that are discussed, given player power and money bag owners. Definitely not the FINAL part Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:'keeping tabs on', what does that mean? Wenger has a google alert for Martinez?

1. Wenger uses a modern internet browser application which supports tabs. Proud
2. He has tabs with sqwaka, transfermarkt and wiki on them lads open Proud
3. Also, Mirror and TalkShite with access remotely to Wenger's desktop Proud :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Very Happy
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:42 pm

The thing with Schneiderlein is that he's willing to sit back do the dirty work and run his sock off, kinda like Flamini in his last year prior his exit. We were missing that for so long, Hleb, Cesc and Rosicky were allowed to do whatever they want offensively because of his cover. Khedira wont do that as he likes to bomb forward to, that also means guys like Ramsey, Santi, Ozil needs to drop back more.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:10 pm

keep all these Cm deals on hold
buy Debuchy and reserve money
Cavani might become available!
https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/488293075954204672

i wish
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Sina wrote:keep all these Cm deals on hold
buy Debuchy and reserve money
Cavani might become available!
https://twitter.com/GFN_France/status/488293075954204672

i wish

DEM 300k p/w WAGES Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:06 pm

Di Maria + Griezmann to PSG.
Cavani to Arsenal hmm

PSG pls
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:07 pm

How much was paid Messi ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:12 pm

Wenger willing to meet Remy's £10m price but unhappy with striker's £80kpw wage demands. (Mirror)

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next