sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Twoism Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:26 pm

@Sri: He was on loan though, to CL team no less and has good performance against European top teams, not to mention he's starter for WC quarter final team. He probably think he's ready for 1st team action and won't be happy/ accept another loan deal in which case, either sell or keep him in 1st team.

@Sina: anyone that doesn't name Benzema, Cavani aka world class forward will be back up for Giroud. The way Giroud looked absolutely spent 2nd half last season, I'm confident Campbell will see plenty of minutes.

All these talk of selling/ loaning Campbell kinda surprise me though, Should we spend time and money finding another CF while there's already ready made material among our rank ?

Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Important to remember how anxious Campbell is to play for Arsenal going by his and his father's comments. Could end up with a disgruntled Lukaku situation if we loan him out to his fourth straight club.

I do agree that Campbell is more cultured than Sanogo and perhaps worthy of a chance but Sanogo has definitely shown that he can be of use, even without that first goal, he was a huge presence in the FA Cup as Sri pointed out. His physicality and the fact that switching to 4-4-2 late on vs Wigan and Hull made us that much more direct, helping us win those games, should not be overlooked.

Campbell can't play with his back to goal so it's important to focus on what we're losing if we loan out Sanogo and keep Campbell or vice versa.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Darren @DarrenArsenal1 · 29m
Arsenal have tonight completed the signing of Mathieu Debuchy.

cheers

Time for a thread
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:44 pm

Laughing more joy in that we are finally active is my guess.
But while I have my doubts about his defending, I trust that Wenger knows what he is doing.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:54 pm

Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
DM Ramsey
Walcott Özil Sanchez
Giroud
Would be our team in most matches in the league, but in big matches, especially away from home, I'd play a bit differently, more defensively with 3 hard working midfielders:

Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey DM Wilshere
Özil Walcott Sanchez

Defend deep and counter with the attacking trio. Mostly try not to concede early goals and players like Alexis, Walcott, Özil will make sure we will score eventually.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:43 pm

I Know Giroud Is very fit and doesn't miss many games[touch wood]
but looking at his number of minutes and appearances  in last 3 seasons

Season-----Mins-----apps
13/14---->4.078'[in 51 apps]
12/13---->3.208'[in 47 apps]
11/12---->3.693'[in 42 apps]

You think he can carry that?
assuming we dont buy any CF
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 pm

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC/status/486276740822863873

#FreeCavani
wishful  Sad 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Although Giroud doesn't miss many games, we've seen that tiredness clearly effects the way he plays. A fresh Giroud is one with high work rate, energy and movement; a tired Giroud is a traffic cone.

As it's looking increasingly likely that he'll remain first choice centre forward next season, it's important to give him adequate rest throughout the season so the level of his performances don't drop too much.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:03 am

Thankfully Sanchez is versatile and can actually play upfront well. Not as a classic 9 but upfront in a free role which means if Theo plays with him, they both can interchange. Like he plays for Chile.

That is IF we don't sign a CF. I don't know why Arsene can't just get a B+ striker as backup for Giroud.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:15 am

That's assuming Wenger rotates his players... atleast I hope Giroud is on the bench in the big games like I suggested, he could always be an option off the bench.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:05 am

Raptorgunner wrote:This is in Barcelona's club shop!

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 Br89uIjIYAA-NSP

No it's not. The move is all but done, but that's just a random sports shop in Spain, not an official Barca club shop.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:58 am

I am going to regret this once he signs for Juve but sorry, couldn't help it

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:12 am

RG PLS  :fishing: 
clever lad changing the title from good bye Barcelona to welcome to Arsenal so it gets loads of new hits and deservedly so

obv watch that vs the world[sorta dribbling compilation] as well

his performances for Chile are something else though :wub:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:16 am

Clearly if we were to play two up front it would be Giroud/Sanchez.. One would imagine.. But..
Does anyone think another 2 striker combo would ever work?

Giroud/Walcott
Giroud/Podolski
Sanchez/Walcott
Sanchez/Podolski
Podolski/Walcott

I would be curious to see how Sanchez-Podolski would go in a 4222 (more like a lob-sided diamond 442)

- Sanchez - Poldi
- Ozil
- Wilshere/Santi
- DM - Ramsey
- Gibbs - Mert - Kos - Debuchy

Just as a Plan B of course.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:16 am

I too will regret that once he signs for Juve.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:38 am

We really need a decent striker who can push Giroud to the limit. Last year there were times where he didn't give shit and he knew he would start next game, and he started to sleep around and he still started.

Giroud must earn his place at Arsenal, we should not except any excuses. We need a hard working striker that gives us different options than Giroud and I am sure Wenger can find one.

One player no one talks about is Vermaelen, lets hope we keep captain, Cool  he has got a lot more to offer.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:49 am

RedOranje wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:This is in Barcelona's club shop!

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 Br89uIjIYAA-NSP

No it's not. The move is all but done, but that's just a random sports shop in Spain, not an official Barca club shop.

I see, I was fooled again by Twitter. Shocked 

Anyways what are you thoughts on him leaving?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:54 am

They're meeting the release clause. Suarez wants to go. LFC will get 75m pounds. Such is football.

Spend it well and we'll be alright... particularly if we address our defensive issues from last season.

Of course spending 20m on Lovren and 8-10m on Bertrand won't fulfill either of those criteria in my opinion. Only time will tell if that's who we actually sign and if my opinion is correct, though.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:28 am

If pool can get a creative AM > Lallana .. and obviously resolve your defensive issues.. I think you'll be fine too.

Fabregas would have been perfect for you.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:31 am

Not really, no. I don't know why people are so obsessed with the name and price tag attached to the player, rather than how he fits into a particular system, to be honest.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:13 am

Rolling Eyes OK, didn't realise Fabregas was too mainstream for pool.

Hate to break it to you.. but with the loss of LS7, your system just died in the a$$.. So I don't know what makes you think anyone wouldn't suit your system.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:16 am

Except that it didn't, as that same system worked quite well when Suarez was out with his suspension in 2012/13. And it's nothing to do with "mainstream," it's got to do with the fact that his issues at Barcelona would only be more glaringly magnified at LFC.

But of course, given that I'm merely a Liverpool fan I certainly wouldn't have any idea about LFC and you clearly would know more, right?  Rolling Eyes 
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:55 am

No I just thought it laughable that, based on your self-purported complex tactical insights, you dismissed my comment as naïve and delusionary..

Such conviction in your percipience that you assert that Fabregas, a better player than Pool are likely to be able to sign this summer and a creative midfielder that Liverpool have not had for years, is not suitable for LFC..

Pray tell, how would his Barca issues be magnified at Liverpool? When to the unenlightened, a move to Liverpool seems like it would have the polar-opposite affect on his game..
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:01 am

It's a toss coin when the club has to replace star/focus of the team. On one hand, you have Spurs dreadful shopping spree after Bale left. Arsenal also had to change fair bit after Cesc left. On the other hand, Barcelona did well when they flushed out their core of Frank Rijkaard era. Lets wait and see til at least winter break.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:02 am

I think Fabregas might have done well at Liverpool, where he'd essentially be an upgrade on Coutinho (i.e., he's a better player, but less positionally versatile).

Doesn't matter either way since he is where he is now.

Quick hypothetical question, just for the hell of it: Gooners, which Liverpool player would you take at Arsenal this summer, if you could / had to take one? (Let's exclude Suarez for obvious reasons.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:02 am

His lack of pressing and weaker defensive contribution (fewer tackles and interceptions but more fouls than Lallana and Coutinho), general tendency to move only toward goal rather than into space in deeper areas to open up places for other players to exploit, and lack of overall pace in a team that relies heavily on high intensity pressing from it's attackers and lightning quick counter attacks would mean that both Coutinho and Lallana, while being overall weaker players, are better options in the current system... particularly given their lower prices and MASSIVELY lower wages.

Last edited by RedOranje on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next