Claudio Bravo

+19
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Myesyats
eelir
BarcaLearning
free_cat
BarcaKizz
Bankz
zenmaster
The Sanchez
Twoism
BarrileteCosmico
futbol
The Franchise
Winter is Coming
Donuts
CBarca
neuro11
billy_gr
MaraVilla
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Claudio Bravo

Post by MaraVilla Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:46 am

FC Barcelona and Real Sociedad have reached an agreement for the transfer of goalkeeper Claudio Bravo

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10494800_10152658899489305_2486369493567014075_n.jpg

I wonder how much we paid for him, kinda shocked tbh  Shocked

Apparently we bought him for 12m Euros [1] [2].....WTF, is this one of the stupidest transfer we've made?
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1999
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:33 pm

:facepalm: 
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by neuro11 Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:05 pm

are we the only club in the world that buy backup keeper for 12 m??? the guy is 31....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2157
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:54 pm

wtf is this...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20086
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:56 pm

welp we got a starter to ease MaTs that's all that matters now.. xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:45 pm

He's pretty good all tho old, but I'm sure its to do with the fact Ter Stegen is young and will probably make a few mistakes, so we needed someone as a back-up who's experienced for about 1-2 years.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4357
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:45 pm

24m on the goalie position....

Outragous.

I am sure Bravo will come in handy at some point, I dont have any problem with his quality...but holy crap.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by futbol Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:46 am

I seriously don't care if they overpaid by 5 or 6 million. Have done far worse business in the past, this doesn't exactly hurt the club. Also keep in mind that United for example paid € 20M for De Gea. € 24M for a potential world class youngstar and another solid senior isn't that bad. Let's at least wait with the complaints until they sell Sanchez for € 20M and buy Cuadrado for € 35M. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11234
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:49 am

It will hurt the club when they come out and say they cant buy centerback X, Y and Z because they dont want to pay the amounts the clubs are required.

I think it makes a lot more sense to "overpay" for a CB than overpay for a back up goalie
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by futbol Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:58 am

Yeah, but I don't think a possible Benatia transfer is clinging to +- € 5M. Roma want outrageously more than what Barca are willing to pay. Like € 20+ million more. Laughing There is no way Barca ain't getting the desired CB because of Bravo. Just no way. There is more than enough money to spend. Getting rid of the wages of Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Fabregas + Fabregas fee. They haven't even touched the base transfer budget yet (without Fabregas sale). Which is rumoured to be € 120M. Plus they have to get it right because Bart wants to run for presidency in 2016.

Sport is linking us with Bruno Martins Indi btw, you might like that. Wink

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11234
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 am

How about 12m? Because in my mind we can sign any old goalie for free (like Pinto was) and im cool.

Anyway we will see, I like to make a firm and solid opinion once all the deals are done in the end. This one looks a crap one though, no question to me.

I like the look of Indi, but its only been a few games and im always hugely suspect of guys who do well at a WC seemingly out of nowhere. That being said, no doubt I like what little I have seen.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:15 am

Yeah I'm with Dani on this one. How can you defend "Bravo was overpiced but he is worth it" with "We are no longer pursuing Mangala because Porto are asking for too much money". I'd much rather we are irresponsible in the CB department than in the backup keeper one...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27191
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by futbol Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:28 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah I'm with Dani on this one. How can you defend "Bravo was overpiced but he is worth it" with "We are no longer pursuing Mangala because Porto are asking for too much money". I'd much rather we are irresponsible in the CB department than in the backup keeper one...


Because one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. If Barca didn't buy Bravo they would still not offer € 61M for Benatia or € 35M + Pedro for Marquinhos. No one at the club is operating like: "Hey, let's save money somewhere and crazily overspend for something else with that saved money." Laughing The reality is: Bravo's signing doesn't influence other dealings at all.

This is also ignoring the managerial dynamics. If Lucho specifically ASKS for Bravo the club will do him the favour and not buy some random free agent over his head.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11234
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Twoism Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:07 am

Zubi signed MaTs as number one goal keeper but maybe Enrique has different idea, old & Liga experience. It wouldn't surprise me if Bravo will play more than MaTs next season which makes MaTs as immediate back up with long future ahead. Doesn't sound bad imo
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2847
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:28 am

that was my guess too, MaTS will probably start some odd la liga games and most copa de rey but Bravo will be our sure starter.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:32 am

Relax lads.

Next Wednesday Bartomeu could announce the new FC Barcelona centreback. #CatRadio

Barcelona have added Feyenoord defender Bruno Martins Indi (22) to their list of centre back options. [sport]

I forgot the source, but i also read that we have 120M to spend this summer including Fabregas sale that makes it 150M and add Sanchez in almost 170M, so there is no excuse for not buying a CB except for our board chasing pipe dreams. We will end up spending most this transfer trying to sign Saurez and supposedly are back up to Saurez is Hazard :facepalm: And Chelsea will toy with us like before and like PSG, the transfer window will pass by.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4357
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:35 am

discount the 13 from MaTs, 12 from bravo, 20m from rakitic and we're left with a supposed 105m...

but tbh that is always exaggerated i wouldn't be surprised if that didn't include wages for the years in contract etc.
wouldn't be surprised if we just sign one centerback and call it quits.

Bravo, Rakitic, Duelofeu, Rafinha, new CB all in one season is a good season.. just wish we'd also get some progress in selling our dead weight.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:47 am

@Donuts wrote:discount the 13 from MaTs, 12 from bravo, 20m from rakitic and we're left with a supposed 105m...

but tbh that is always exaggerated i wouldn't be surprised if that didn't include wages for the years in contract etc.
wouldn't be surprised if we just sign one centerback and call it quits.

Bravo, Rakitic, Duelofeu, Rafinha, new CB all in one season is a good season.. just wish we'd also get some progress in selling our dead weight.

Well considering Puyol, Valdes, Pinto, Fabregas are gone followed by Xavi that should be more then enough to cover the salary of the new players. That would be put between 300-400K weekly salary right there?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4357
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:38 am

We could have just promoted Masip or got a free goalkeeper somewhere.

If not for him being a solid backup keeper (something no team really necessarily needs), this is a waste of money. It is a waste of money actually- Masip is good enough for backup.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20086
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:09 am

Surely we could have got someone for free who is of similar age and is half decent. Don't need to be splashing more than 8m on a back up keeper.
Tbh, I don't see him playing the Pinto role. Him and MATS will have similar game time.
I think we still have plenty of money to buy 2 CB's as well as another midfielder (if Xavi is set to leave as Alves has been saying)
The worry I have is that we won't want to pay any more than 35 mil which probably means players like Mangala, Benetia, Laporte, T.Silva are all not coming this way.

The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3916
Join date : 2011-09-23
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by zenmaster Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:37 am

Barcelona as always with the bad transfer execution.  Laughing 

They should focus getting a defender then splashing this much in GK.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 618
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:57 am

Fußball wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah I'm with Dani on this one. How can you defend "Bravo was overpiced but he is worth it" with "We are no longer pursuing Mangala because Porto are asking for too much money". I'd much rather we are irresponsible in the CB department than in the backup keeper one...


Because one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. If Barca didn't buy Bravo they would still not offer € 61M for Benatia or € 35M + Pedro for Marquinhos. No one at the club is operating like: "Hey, let's save money somewhere and crazily overspend for something else with that saved money." Laughing The reality is: Bravo's signing doesn't influence other dealings at all.

This is also ignoring the managerial dynamics. If Lucho specifically ASKS for Bravo the club will do him the favour and not buy some random free agent over his head.

Why just those deals? Why are you acting like those 2 crazy offers (which I dont even know are true) are the only things out there? Man City about to buy Mangala for 40m. Overpriced but still within range of "normal".

As for managerial dynamics. If they explained to Luis Enrique, hey, we just spent x amount of MATS, we cant really afford to spend 12m on another one...I dont think he is unreasonable enough not to understand.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:42 pm

@The Franchise wrote:
Fußball wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah I'm with Dani on this one. How can you defend "Bravo was overpiced but he is worth it" with "We are no longer pursuing Mangala because Porto are asking for too much money". I'd much rather we are irresponsible in the CB department than in the backup keeper one...


Because one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other. If Barca didn't buy Bravo they would still not offer € 61M for Benatia or € 35M + Pedro for Marquinhos. No one at the club is operating like: "Hey, let's save money somewhere and crazily overspend for something else with that saved money." Laughing The reality is: Bravo's signing doesn't influence other dealings at all.

This is also ignoring the managerial dynamics. If Lucho specifically ASKS for Bravo the club will do him the favour and not buy some random free agent over his head.

Why just those deals? Why are you acting like those 2 crazy offers (which I dont even know are true) are the only things out there?  Man City about to buy Mangala for 40m. Overpriced but still within range of "normal".

As for managerial dynamics. If they explained to Luis Enrique, hey, we just spent x amount of MATS, we cant really afford to spend 12m on another one...I dont think he is unreasonable enough not to understand.


True, but how do we not know that Lucho isn't sold on Ter Stegen at the moment? If I recall we did sign him before Lucho arrival and he may want someone experience along side him at the moment.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4357
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Thats fully understandable, but Enrique isnt a manager, he is a coach. He doesnt have total and final say in the squad, he has a part of it.

He can be suspect about MATS but the answer doesnt have to be, spend the exact same amount on another goalie. At least it shouldnt in my opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:46 pm

The way i look at is, we spend 12m on a STARTER and 14m or however much on MaTs a youth future buy
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Claudio Bravo  Empty Re: Claudio Bravo

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum