raulmadrid4vr
futbol
halamadrid2
Onyx
9 posters

Go down

Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Sat May 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion 940Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion 418

Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion.

Sunday 8th May.

H2H Past 2 League meetings:

Home: 6th January 2014 - Real Madrid 3-0 Celta Vigo

Away: 10th March 2013 - Celta Vigo 1-2 Real Madrid

Injuries/Suspensions:

Celta Vigo: Mallo.

Real Madrid: Varane, Carvajal, Di Maria, Jese and Ronaldo.

Celta Vigo last 3 league results:

Osasuna 0-2 Celta Vigo
Celta Vigo 4-1 Valladolid
Almeria 2-4 Celta Vigo

Celta Vigo Current league position: 9th.

1. Atletico Madrid - 88 points
2. Barcelona - 85 points
3. Real Madrid - 84 points
4. Athletic Bilbao - 68 points
------------------------------------------
9. Celta Vigo - 46 points

Real Madrid players called up:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Diego López and Jesús.
Defenders: Varane, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Coentrão, Marcelo and Nacho.
Midfielders: Khedira, Xabi Alonso, Casemiro, Modric, Di María, Isco and Illarra.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema and Morata.

Real Madrid predicted lineup:

-------------Diego Lopez
---Arbeloa--Nacho---Ramos---Marcelo
--------Modric--Alonso--Isco
-------Bale---------------Morata
---------------Benzema

Ancelotti pre match:

Carlo Ancelotti spoke to the press the day before the La Liga match against Celta. The Italian coach, who confirmed that Khedira and Arbeloa will definitely play and Cristiano, Pepe, Varane, Carvajal and Di María are not available”, analysed the clash with the Galician outfit: “We have to beat Celta and then hope because there could be more upsets. We've lost points in La Liga and we have two matches to win. It could be that the league is over tomorrow or it could be more open that we expect. There have been a lot of shock results this season in La Liga and we have to be ready in case it happens again”.

“Celta play very attractive football and they know what they are doing. That is what we expect from them and we have to be good in defence. We have to react and play with character and personality in the Balaídos. We'll try to do our best to win this match”.

The return of Arbeloa and Khedira
"They’re available and now I am going to decide if it's better to play them from the start or not. They’ll definitely play. I have to decide if I should put them on for the second half when the intensity of the match is lower. But they’re both good to go and will play".

ARBELOA AND KHEDIRA HAVE SHOWN INCREDIBLE PROFESSIONALISM.
“Khedira is fit. He doesn’t have any problems. He has been given the all-clear from the medical staff. He is full of confidence and can’t wait to play. He can’t play the full 90 minutes yet but he is in good shape both mentally and physically".

Cristiano Ronaldo's absence
“He won’t play tomorrow because he’s not 100% fit. We’ve won plenty of games without him, although he is still a fundamental player for us. We’re not going to risk him if he’s not 100%. We have to think about winning without him. It is a mutual decision and I prefer not to take risks. Pepe, Varane, Carvajal and Di María won't be playing either”.

“We’re not thinking ahead to the final of the Champions League, it’s just that these players are unavailable. We’ll do our best because mathematically we still have a chance of winning the league. Anything can happen in football and tomorrow I’ll select a team that will go out to win. That’s the goal. Cristiano Ronaldo, above all else, could play if tomorrow were a final, but as it’s not we won’t be involved”.

Modric and his importance to the team
“He has always looked at ease and the presence of Xabi Alonso has helped him a lot. They make a great partnership and have played with a lot of personality this season”.

Explanation for mental fatigue
“It’s nothing new in football. The same thing happened to Atlético against Levante. After a semi-final like we just had, in which you expend so much energy, it’s a normal thing to happen. The team is feeling a lot better now”.

Prediction:

Celta Vigo 1-2 Real Madrid

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Re: Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Onyx Sun May 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Diego López, Arbeloa, Nacho, Ramos Marcelo, Xabi, Casemiro, Khedira, Modric, Isco, Morata

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion Empty Re: Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Good lord, I just saw our injury list Shocked
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Looks like Ancelotti's gave up on the league. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 11, 2014 5:21 pm

I think the players got other priorities. No way so many players would declare themselves injured if we were still in it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun May 11, 2014 6:52 pm

How is Rafinha doing? According to Whoscored he is dominating you.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Sun May 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Atletico is losing to Malaga and barca did not score on elche. That means if we had won this match we would have probably won la liga. But Ancelotti is a coward. We just threw our title chances away. How can you drop points in THREE MUST WIN GAMES IN A ROW? Simply unacceptable. The only way he should not be sacked is if he wins the CL.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Sun May 11, 2014 7:27 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I think the players got other priorities. No way so many players would declare themselves injured if we were still in it

2 la liga matches won't make a difference. Only cristiano should be rested because he has been having problems. Ancelotti is a coward and lost us the liga that was ours to take and he gifted it to our biggest enemy barca. What a joke that this lackluster, poor barca side will be crowned champions even though they were horse shit the whole year.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Sun May 11, 2014 7:34 pm

Atletico level against malaga. It is now mathematically over for us.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Sun May 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Btw what happened to this forum? It used to be active. Now it is dead. There are like 2 posts per day even on matchdays.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Ancelotti. :facepalm:

We could have still won the league. If he doesn't win the CL, I hope he's sacked.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun May 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Tbf we lost this league when we couldn't beat Barcelona at the Bernabeu. No reason we shouldn't have beat them then losing the next week to Sevilla.

Or the fact we only got 1 point from the possible 12 against Atletico and Barcelona. We were a joke against them both games for each
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Fußball wrote:How is Rafinha doing? According to Whoscored he is dominating you.

Rafinha was ok. But the whole Celta team were good even Nolito and Charles

think Rafinha played alot better against us last game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 11, 2014 8:17 pm

raulmadrid4vr wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:I think the players got other priorities. No way so many players would declare themselves injured if we were still in it

2 la liga matches won't make a difference. Only cristiano should be rested because he has been having problems. Ancelotti is a coward and lost us the liga that was ours to take and he gifted it to our biggest enemy barca. What a joke that this lackluster, poor barca side will be crowned champions even though they were horse shit the whole year.

Our players were dropping down injured like flies. He can't risk having so many players injured with the CL coming up

We lost arbeloa, Khedira and jese to long term injuries, bale is injury prone so we had to play players out of position to manage. Carlo dd the best he could. The blame should be on the players. We met two relegation battling teams and we played so pathetic, can't believe the players out there did not show any urgency, we don't need our starters to beat these teams we just need to try which we didn't hence the pathetic draw and loss
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 11, 2014 10:31 pm

I'm not that mad about the league, but I'm worried about CL right now. We're not in a good place right now. The next game is going to be important.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun May 11, 2014 11:34 pm

If we weren't in the CL Final, I would be fuming right now over these last 3 games.

Still fcking pissed though. It was right there for the taking.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun May 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I'm not that mad about the league, but I'm worried about CL right now. We're not in a good place right now. The next game is going to be important.

How can you not be mad about La Liga?
It's a disgrace how we just threw it away.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon May 12, 2014 5:48 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Ancelotti. :facepalm:

We could have still won the league. If he doesn't win the CL, I hope he's sacked.

Coaches are not cows. Take it easy.

I think Ancelloti's mistake is he didn't rotate the squad well enough and He kept playing the same 11 e.g. Morata/Casemiro - He didn't play them much lately perhaps he doesn't trust them. That has come back to bite him. I can understand he wants to rest players for CL but rest of the squad should have been little more ready. Any professional athlete no matter how good he is needs to be playing. Throwing away La liga for CL is no excuse given the quality in squad.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 12, 2014 7:00 am

i think ancelotti is playing the tactical game here....throw away the league and have atleti fight for a title next week, six days prior to the european final. that way, carlo risks no one on the last day of the league. i'm not all for it, but when you have a situation where the opponent you're meeting in the final is also fighting in the last hurdle of the league, you have to make a sacrifice. about the squad fitness, i have a strong feeling the players; ronaldo, bale, pepe, di maria etc are fine, but are just threading with caution and playing little mind games. i expect them all to be ready in lisbon...from next season onwards, we, especially carlo need to get our act together in chasing the league. to win a league you have to be consistent, it doesn't mean u should lose all the games to your closest competitors; 2 losses to barca, a loss and draw to atleti was always going to come back against us....in spain, a draw is like a loss, so one must take full advantage of the close rivals....that said i hope atleti wins the league, and that it takes a lot out of them (i'm a bit disappointed that after all the problems that barcelona have had, they could actually end up with a title this year), and ofcourse, we cannot afford any mistakes in lisbon.....Hala Madrid
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 5:47 pm

Carlo Ancelotti analysed the defeat against Celta Vigo in the second last La Liga match of the season in the Balaídos press room: “We gifted them with two goals. Then we tried to score and control the play. We have a lot of players missing, including some very important ones, so this was not an easy game to prepare for. We are disappointed because we cannot win the league. It is the first competition we have lost and we cannot be happy about it”.

“I don't think we threw the league away. It is true though that we haven't played well in the last three games. After the semi-finals our intensity dropped and we've been made to pay dearly. Now is not the time to look at what we have failed to do well. We have to look forwards, recoup our energy and our players in order to prepare well for the final”.

Evaluation of the season
“It is not my concern if the season is considered a good one or a bad one. We have a great chance to make a dream come true for Real Madrid and we'll do our best to make it happen. Only then will be look back at the season”.
THE POSITIVE FROM THE MATCH WAS THE RETURN OF KHEDIRA AND ARBELOA .
“Khedira and Arbeloa played well, and didn't have any problems. They both played with good intensity for an hour and are over their injuries. I'll definitely give them runouts in the next match against Espanyol”.

Bale's fitness
“He is not 100%. He got a knock, but I decided not to risk him, especially when I could have put him on. I wanted to avoid any problems. Cristiano Ronaldo underwent treatment this morning and is almost fully recovered. We have 15 days to prepare for the match and I think they'll be completely fit for the final. I think he'll be able to play against Espanyol”.

The chat with the referee at half time
“I thought Sergio Ramos was fouled during the first goal and talked to the referee about it. But I don't want to talk about his performance. He wasn't responsible for the defeat”.

The league champion
“I don't care who it is. I think it will be a high-pressure game. I'm not interested either way. At the moment we have a different issue and that is to prepare well for the Champions League final. We have time and we'll be well prepared”.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/05/ancelotti-we-are-disappointed-because-we-cannot-win-la-liga?pid=1383855883923

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum