Lex
RED
Onyx
eelir
futbol
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dani Alves dealing with racism - Page 2 Empty Re: Dani Alves dealing with racism

Post by Onyx Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 1:54

Why waste money by buying bananas just to throw them. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Dani Alves dealing with racism - Page 2 Empty Re: Dani Alves dealing with racism

Post by rwo power Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:11

BTW, just look at Manu Neuer's broad grin about the banana stuff Very Happy

Spoiler:

(AFAIK no one ever tried that again because he didn't get upset, but considered it in fact high praise.)

Last edited by rwo power on Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:17; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:15

I really think people has a tendency to label everything as racism. They're massive idiots, sure. But it isn't really racism, just because they think Alves' face looks like the face of a monkey.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:22

Freeza wrote:I really think people has a tendency to label everything as racism. They're massive idiots, sure. But it isn't really racism, just because they think Alves' face looks like the face of a monkey.

It wasnt racism when Biscuits called Marcelo mono either eh?

Delusional.

Class from Neymar though
Dani Alves dealing with racism - Page 2 2vW2sAd

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:22

Freeza wrote:I really think people has a tendency to label everything as racism. They're massive idiots, sure. But it isn't really racism, just because they think Alves' face looks like the face of a monkey.

What the *bleep*?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:25

Betty La Fea wrote:It wasnt racism when Biscuits called Marcelo mono either eh?
So you think bananas for Oliver Kahn and Manuel Neuer are due to racism? o_O
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:26

Okay so throwing bananas after a white guy that looks like a monkey is not racism. But throwing bananas after a latino that looks like a monkey is racism. It's discrimination based on facial features, and it's should result in fines and bans for the fans involved. Just don't agree with it being racist.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:27

Has a point tbf

Sure, you have racist idiots who fully intend it to be 'racist'

Then you have just idiots doing it without racist intention.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:29

That. It should be fined as it can be dangerous, but it is not necessarily racist.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:30

rwo power wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:It wasnt racism when Biscuits called Marcelo mono either eh?
So you think bananas for Oliver Kahn and Manuel Neuer are due to racism? o_O

No, but when players call black players mono while trying to shield their mouth, and the fans throw bananas, we know the truth.

Folks are trying to be obtuse to what is going on in Spain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 2:30

Freeza wrote:Okay so throwing bananas after a white guy that looks like a monkey is not racism. But throwing bananas after a latino that looks like a monkey is racism. It's discrimination based on facial features, and it's should result in fines and bans for the fans involved. Just don't agree with it being racist.

They throw it at him because hes black...lets get real.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 3:05

I believe it was a good reaction and the only positive thing to be mentioned out of that whole instance. However, although his reaction was funny, he should still not be pressurized to do as such.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 4:22

Are you trolling or just naive?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 4:35

Dani Alves dealing with racism - Page 2 SnaeIJP
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 4:40

Ganso wrote:Dani Alves dealing with racism - Page 2 SnaeIJP

what's the context of this pic ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 5:55

Freeza wrote:Okay so throwing bananas after a white guy that looks like a monkey is not racism. But throwing bananas after a latino that looks like a monkey is racism. It's discrimination based on facial features, and it's should result in fines and bans for the fans involved. Just don't agree with it being racist.
I agree that people tend to (incorrectly) label anything that distinguishes different races from each other as racist. However, this not the issue in Alves' case.

I think it is naive to say that the banana-thrower was discriminating on the basis of facial features. In Bale's case, I could understand that theory, but I think that the far more likely scenario is that Alves' case was an attempt at racial vilification. The banana connotes that Alves is a monkey, an inferior species to white humans. The belief that different races are ranked as inherently superior or inferior to each other is the very definition of racism. This is an appalling incident and Alves should be praised for handling it so well.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 6:37

Lol Alves should join the LA Clippers.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 6:42

Molenation 
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 9:52

I think the original mistake was giving the morons power by taking the monkey sounds as insults in the first place.

If the media and players would have turned it around by saying / reporting "we never thought there were so many monkeys among the fans" (as *they* are the ones behaving and sounding like monkeys) and thus ridiculing *them* instead, this behaviour would have evaporated in no time.

I mean, if a monkey makes such sounds at me or throws a banana at me (which is monkey behaviour, not standard human behaviour), I wouldn't think that *I* am a monkey - the one is standing before me.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 10:05

Genius way of dealing with situation. I wish Figo had thought of this as well, when they were throwing Pig heads and Whiskey bottles at him over at Camp Nou.

Shame that racism still exists in the football, but I have to say that the LAST set of fans i'd expect this from is Villareal. They are generally counted amongst the most classy and "homely" group of fans in Spain. They don't even have a set of Hardcore Ultras IIRC, which makes this and the Tear gas canister incident last month even more surprising and shocking.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 12:16

Alves :bow:

Nerman :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 14:40

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Has a point tbf

Sure, you have racist idiots who fully intend it to be 'racist'

Then you have just idiots doing it without racist intention.

No, he doesn't have a point because Alves doesn't look like a monkey:

Spoiler:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 14:44

farfan wrote:
Ganso wrote:Dani Alves dealing with racism - Page 2 SnaeIJP

what's the context of this pic ?

Mascherano started to cry at the end of the game, probably grieving for Tito.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 15:05

Yohan Modric wrote:Alves:

"Eating Banana? I've been living in Spain for 11 years, and 11 years laughing at these retards."

Alves is an official ambassador for FIFA (I think or some other body) for helping people that suffer from mental disability Laughing

Anyway Alves only "laughs" at these issues when they are convenient to him. Not a word when they happen elsewhere.

Fair play for the Banana incident though although I wouldn't recommended eating stuff like that, he has no idea where it has been Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 15:12

*bleep* Spain  :facepalm: 
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 28 Apr 2014 - 15:23

Well guess it's my mistake then, I just don't consider Alves black in any way. And it if it wasn't because of his facial features, why was it only him it was being thrown at? (could be others didn't watch the game). I would assume that racist wouldn't treat some mixed different than others.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next