djoe26
REWB
VendettaRed07
Hapless_Hans
Highburied
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cazorla: Trophies or I'll GTFO!! Empty Cazorla: Trophies or I'll GTFO!!

Post by Highburied Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:47 pm

http://www.sport360.com/article/european/20373/santi-cazorla-interview-desperate-finish-his-career-winner

Another bad news for us gunners.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Cazorla: Trophies or I'll GTFO!! Empty Re: Cazorla: Trophies or I'll GTFO!!

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Stop with the bad news, get rid of that humiliating signature (except if you like it Smile ), and post my 2 weeks sig in the betting thread.

Jesus. About time. 'Temporary' means forever around here, I guess.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 pm

His contract says he isn't in the position to make these kinds of demands.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:14 pm

he needs to start being consistent before he talks like this.

plus where is he going to go? he is touching 30 no big club that has a chance of winning anything will take him.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:28 pm

He can GTFO if he wants to, its not like he is irreplaceable. He is a good player but we got plenty good players that can replace him.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Is this an interview from last season? Or a mistranslation?

I refuse to believe he had the cheek to make an interview like this. Please be serious Santi, get back to form before making such interviews.

When underperforming players like Cazorla come out and "threaten" to leave you know the manager isn't doing a good work. I wonder what does Wenger tell these players after a shit performance like Cazorla's against Everton? "Santi you've actually not given to the ball opposition for the goal this time so you've done OK". Wenger get your shit together and discipline these players or let someone else do it.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh Santi and please try to get back in form because you've been dogshit this season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:02 pm

I am not believing Cazorla said this, but I believe many players are thinking what he said though, but wont come out and say it.

laurent koscielny said something similar to this last year, so I could be wrong.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:19 pm

Cazorla worst season with us so far has been the one he was played in a different position to accommodate Superstar Ozil. Laughing 

Cazorla: Trophies or I'll GTFO!! Arsene-wenger_2497210b
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Cazorla 'I learnt a lot from of all of the managers I have played for, but if I had to choose one it would be Pellegrini. :whistle: 

'He’s the coach that has given me the most during five to six years that I worked with him at Villarreal and Malaga.'

Wenger? Laughing

Cazorla is on a mission. :fishing: :fishing: 

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Cazorla worst season with us so far has been the one he was played in a different position to accommodate Superstar Ozil. Laughing 

Cazorla: Trophies or I'll GTFO!! Arsene-wenger_2497210b

thats bs

Last season he started well but faded because he was struggling with the responsibility of being the creative heartbeat of the team. Team denied him time and space on the ball, thus easily nullifying him which is why we struggled creating some chances last season. Arsene bought Rosicky in the team midway through the season and put Santi wide in order to share the creative burden. This allowed Santi to play a bit more freely and he found a bit of form. He is not good enough to be our main man when it comes to creating chances like Ozil, he is only good at bringing that extra bit of creativity in the final third sort of how Arshavin and Nasri did.

Last edited by EL Patron on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:37 pm

some of the quotes in the articles are blown out of proportion or being taken out of context.  Santi doesn't even habla Ingles fluently Laughing 
Also Considering how average he has been this season, Santi is the last person who should be out there moaning about trophies and character. If it was Sagna,Merte, Ramsey etc i'd understand but with the season he's had Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:50 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Is this an interview from last season? Or a mistranslation?

I refuse to believe he had the cheek to make an interview like this. Please be serious Santi, get back to form before making such interviews.

When underperforming players like Cazorla come out and "threaten" to leave you know the manager isn't doing a good work. I wonder what does Wenger tell these players after a shit performance like Cazorla's against Everton? "Santi you've actually not given to the ball opposition for the goal this time so you've done OK". Wenger get your shit together and discipline these players or let someone else do it.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh Santi and please try to get back in form because you've been dogshit this season.

+1

hit the nail in the head with this one
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Cazorla 'I learnt a lot from of all of the managers I have played for, but if I had to choose one it would be Pellegrini. :whistle: 

'He’s the coach that has given me the most during five to six years that I worked with him at Villarreal and Malaga.'

Wenger? Laughing

Cazorla is on a mission. :fishing: :fishing: 
Well nothing wrong in that.
Believe he was just being honest.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Why should we be so angry about what he said? I'd much rather hear this, even from an underperformer as of recent, than to hear how happy the club is to have finished 4th (if we still do, that is) or how close we were etc.

The players should be angry with themselves. Not one person at the club, board, manager, fans, players should be looking at anything but 1st.

And I don't think he said "Trophies or I'm off"

I believe it was more like "I want some bloody trophies as does everyone here but even so, once my contract expires (when I'm 33 and most likely not a crucial player here anymore) I'd like to enjoy the twilight of my career in my home country."

That's a bit more understandable.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Talking to the press the day after quotes from Santi Cazorla surfaced questioning the Gunners winning mentality, the boss admitted that there is always room for improvement.

"When results are not (going) as well, you can always think you can improve," said Wenger, who has several injury concerns ahead of Saturday's Wembley clash.

"There is no perfect team and we will always try to improve our squad and our team.
 rofl 

"This season we lost key players at big, important moments of the season, but we have to just to focus on finishing as well as we can.

"We are in a position where we can still do very well until the end of the season, that is what we want.

"It is not about next season, it is about this season.Laughing 

Wenger insisted it was not all doom and gloom around the club following what had been such a promising campaign.

"Let's see first how we finish, but we have the basics," said the Arsenal boss, who has yet to sign the offer of a new contract extension.

"What is important for us is we have our players back and available.

"Our main task will be to keep the team together and think 'where did we go wrong?'  rofl  rofl because there's a lot of positives in our season as well. rofl  rofl 

"We have been the league leader 17 times and we dropped off when we lost our players at the important moment of the season, that is what we don't want to repeat." 
rofl  rofl 

Wenger is a joker.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Talking to the press the day after quotes from Santi Cazorla surfaced questioning the Gunners winning mentality, the boss admitted that there is always room for improvement.

"When results are not (going) as well, you can always think you can improve," said Wenger, who has several injury concerns ahead of Saturday's Wembley clash.

"There is no perfect team and we will always try to improve our squad and our team.
 rofl 

"This season we lost key players at big, important moments of the season, but we have to just to focus on finishing as well as we can.

"We are in a position where we can still do very well until the end of the season, that is what we want.

"It is not about next season, it is about this season.Laughing 

Wenger insisted it was not all doom and gloom around the club following what had been such a promising campaign.

"Let's see first how we finish, but we have the basics," said the Arsenal boss, who has yet to sign the offer of a new contract extension.

"What is important for us is we have our players back and available.

"Our main task will be to keep the team together and think 'where did we go wrong?'  rofl  rofl because there's a lot of positives in our season as well. rofl  rofl 

"We have been the league leader 17 times and we dropped off when we lost our players at the important moment of the season, that is what we don't want to repeat." 
rofl  rofl 

Wenger is a joker.

Wow and it has been as far back as last year that we heard injuries got the best of us. Along with most of the last several years. Good to hear that, "that is what we don't want to repeat" this year.

Actually I am at the point now where I would just really appreciate him telling the truth and saying. Hey I gambled and risk the season short of the TOP TOP TOP quality players I talk about. Sorry

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:10 pm

MJGunner wrote:Why should we be so angry about what he said? I'd much rather hear this, even from an underperformer as of recent, than to hear how happy the club is to have finished 4th (if we still do, that is) or how close we were etc.

The players should be angry with themselves. Not one person at the club, board, manager, fans, players should be looking at anything but 1st.

And I don't think he said "Trophies or I'm off"

I believe it was more like "I want some bloody trophies as does everyone here but even so, once my contract expires (when I'm 33 and most likely not a crucial player here anymore) I'd like to enjoy the twilight of my career in my home country."

That's a bit more understandable.

The guy should keep his gob shut and do the talking on the pitch
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:29 am

^If the players were to shut up and let the play do the talking there would have been some sort of media lockdown or...

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:36 am

We have a big game coming up on the weekend, a game which if won takes us one win away from a trophy he rightfully craves. Let's see if he'll perform and set an example for the younger players or hide as he's been doing all season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:02 am

urbaNRoots wrote:We have a big game coming up on the weekend, a game which if won takes us one win away from a trophy he rightfully craves. Let's see if he'll perform and set an example for the younger players or hide as he's been doing all season.
Wenger should bench him for the rest of the season, he did it to Bendy for speaking out, the midget shouldn't be in the squad for the rest of the year
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:01 am

Wenger“In 2005, we did not deserve to win the final,” he admitted. “It was the only way we could win it. At the start I didn’t set up like that and suddenly they were all over us and I realised that physically we were not able to compete, so I said, ‘Okay, let’s defend as long as we can.’”

“I was not really [tempted to do that this season]. Maybe sometimes we have not had much of a choice but this season we have always tried to attack because we have a team that has that ability.
“What has been strange this season is that for a long time we looked very strong defensively, we had an outstanding defensive record, and we lost it suddenly. That’s the surprise of the season for me.
Just proof that he's not the manager he once was.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:04 am

Artilleristen wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:We have a big game coming up on the weekend, a game which if won takes us one win away from a trophy he rightfully craves. Let's see if he'll perform and set an example for the younger players or hide as he's been doing all season.
Wenger should bench him for the rest of the season, he did it to Bendy for speaking out, the midget shouldn't be in the squad for the rest of the year

If he doesn't perform his talk is unjustified. If the team rallies around this idea, this hunger. That's different.

Plus, speaking out like this isn't comparable to the stupid shite Bendy pulled.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Artilleristen wrote:

Wenger should have benched him a long time ago because of his general ineptitude this year. He really has struggled with a lack of creativity leading to or actually getting a shot on goal.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:

If he doesn't perform his talk is unjustified. If the team rallies around this idea, this hunger. That's different.

Plus, speaking out like this isn't comparable to the stupid shite Bendy pulled.
The way I remembered it was that originally Bendy spoke out about being played out of position. Honestly, Bendy is a higher quality player than Cazorla, and he should be rotating with Giroud, when Cazorla is third or fourth best at CAM for the team.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:30 am

lmao, alright mate. I think we strongly disagree on how good Bendtner and Cazorla comparatively are.

There seems to be this myth that Bendtner is so good that it justifies his ego when in reality he has talent but not enough to be a top level striker, a decent backup perhaps but this myth is a bit ridiculous.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum