M99
Nishankly
iftikhar
RealGunner
Onyx
82 posters

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V10 - Page 35 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V10

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:52 am

lszanto wrote:2 or 3 of those players were due to bad negotiators and historically you're a bigger club than those surrounding. Just talking rubbish.

We missed out on Costa Mktriyan Salah William due to being not in CL. Who exactly we missed out due to bad negotiations?

Stop talking rubbish Laughing

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V10 - Page 35 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V10

Post by lszanto Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:01 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
lszanto wrote:2 or 3 of those players were due to bad negotiators and historically you're a bigger club than those surrounding. Just talking rubbish.

We missed out on Costa Mktriyan Salah William  due to being not in CL. Who exactly we missed out due to bad negotiations?

Yeah my bad, Willian wasn't about to sign for spurs. Spurs are obviously a cl club...
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:56 am

lszanto wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

We missed out on Costa Mktriyan Salah William  due to being not in CL. Who exactly we missed out due to bad negotiations?

Yeah my bad, Willian wasn't about to sign for spurs. Spurs are obviously a cl club...
Yes becoz the perception at the start of the season clearly was Spurs were likely to finish in top 4 than Liverpool.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 am

The only bad negotiating we did was with Salah. The rest were because clubs favoured Europe over us. My only concern is with the players we target. Our alternate target after failing to capture player X is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT type of player to what we were targeting before them. (Diego Costa (CF) was a back-up to Mkhitaryan; attacking mid for example.)

As for Willian / Spurs, I'm glad we pulled out because he is average. I'm sure you'll all see it now with Eden's abscence. Very Happy Only rated highly because he's Brazilian and he has a few skills up his sleeve.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:09 am

McAgger wrote:I don't exactly know how much more clearer I could've stated that.

SAF is one of the greatest managers of all time. But as a coach on the training pitch he's nothing to be desired by. And coaching is where Rodgers' true strengths lie.

You've been listening to Barton, aye.  Very Happy 

You can't be serious. Not when Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo and many others (note: these are arguably the best players to ever play in the PL) have dedicated their careers/ability to Fergie and his coaching.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Barton is an expert on everything now, and the blind will follow.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:23 pm

McAgger wrote:Rodgers is a better coach than Fergie would ever dream of being. Note coach is the key word here before I get attacked by some clowns. I don't think anything needs to be said on Fergie's managing ability though.

Tomatoes, Tomatoes..

SAF proved himself as both a coach and a manager enough so that he wouldn't be grouped with an upstart, no matter how brilliant that upstart is. Crediting all Fergie's titles to excellent management on top of scrub coaching is a bull shit argument. While it is true SAF did not have the brightest tactical set up, it was also true that he almost always managed to get the optimum results from his teams. Whether that was due to "management" or "coaching" is pure semantics.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Red Alert wrote:
McAgger wrote:I don't exactly know how much more clearer I could've stated that.

SAF is one of the greatest managers of all time. But as a coach on the training pitch he's nothing to be desired by. And coaching is where Rodgers' true strengths lie.

You can't be serious. Not when Scholes, Giggs, Ronaldo and many others (note: these are arguably the best players to ever play in the PL) have dedicated their careers/ability to Fergie and his coaching.

Kind words from successful players to their successful managers aren't really any sort of reliable judgement of their abilities. These players were never going to say that Ferguson wasn't a good coach and someone like Ronaldo was always going to become a great player. I'm not saying Ferguson was a bad coach, but I do think Rodgers is looking better at coaching when you look at how players like Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Henderson have developed under him or how smoothly Gerrard's switch to a holding role has gone. I think Agger is maybe the only player in our squad who has regressed under Rodgers, with the rest it's been about progress or at least maintaining their previous level.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
McAgger wrote:Rodgers is a better coach than Fergie would ever dream of being. Note coach is the key word here before I get attacked by some clowns. I don't think anything needs to be said on Fergie's managing ability though.

Tomatoes, Tomatoes..

SAF proved himself as both a coach and a manager enough so that he wouldn't be grouped with an upstart, no matter how brilliant that upstart is. Crediting all Fergie's titles to excellent management on top of scrub coaching is a bull shit argument. While it is true SAF did not have the brightest tactical set up, it was also true that he almost always managed to get the optimum results from his teams. Whether that was due to "management" or "coaching" is pure semantics.

I have to agree wholeheartedly here.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Kind words from successful players to their successful managers aren't really any sort of reliable judgement of their abilities.
These players were never going to say that Ferguson wasn't a good coach and someone like Ronaldo was always going to become a great player. I'm not saying Ferguson was a bad coach, but I do think Rodgers is looking better at coaching when you look at how players like Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Henderson have developed under him or how smoothly Gerrard's switch to a holding role has gone. I think Agger is maybe the only player in our squad who has regressed under Rodgers, with the rest it's been about progress or at least maintaining their previous level.

More reliable than players who've never played under him or people on the internet.  :facepalm: 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:06 pm

Liverpool will win the league.

Last edited by M99 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Transfer Thread M99  Suspect 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:17 pm

m99 rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:10 am

I'd just like to take a moment to express my respect for Pellegrini after the LFC-MCFC match. City put in a massive performance in the second half due in large part to his substitution (perhaps correcting a mistake in starting Navas) and played some fantastic football in their pursuit of the points. In the post match interviews he even refused to blame the referee or complain about decisions despite having some quite legitimate claims and perhaps motivations to do so after such a massive match at this point in the title race. Following the corresponding fixture at City Rodgers was certainly not so magnanimous; we've seen plenty of times when Wenger certainly wasn't so understanding, and Mourinho's basically made a career out of complaining about decisions (before you complain take a moment and recognize that's a joke, Chelsea fans). Maybe Pellegrini would even have been better served following in Mourinho's obnoxious shoes and attempting to deflect attention away from Kompany's mistake by attacking the referee, and using that to foment an "us against the world, backs against the wall" feeling within City's dressing room to drive them on in these final few weeks, but I still enjoyed seeing him take a more reasonable approach to the result and respect him for his magnanimity.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:14 am

You're right, but its not like he hasn't complained about refs a number of times this season though. Only manager I don't recall complaining about refs at any point is Guardiola(and I may be wrong too).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:15 am

Hence why I specified this particular match.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Some great (and not so great) memories in this list:

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/top-100-premier-league-matches-thrill-providers-city-dividers-and-title-deciders?page=0%2C9

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:14 pm

Aston Villa suspend backroom men Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa
• Club take action pending internal investigation
• Gordon Cowans and Shay Given promoted in their place

Aston Villa have suspended their assistant manager Ian Culverhouse and head of football operations Gary Karsa pending an internal investigation.

Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been promoted to assist the manager, Paul Lambert, in place of the suspended pair.

They will take up their new duties immediately, helping Lambert prepare for Saturday's home game against Southampton. Villa were beaten 1-0 at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

A club statement read: "The club can confirm that Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been temporarily promoted to assist manager Paul Lambert and his first team coaching staff. The club can also confirm in response to media speculation that Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa have been suspended pending an internal investigation."

Lambert said: "I'm delighted to have Gordon and Shay to assist me in preparing the team for Saturday which is what the whole group is focused on."

Cowans said: "The manager has asked me to step up to assist him at this time and I'll do my utmost for the club and the manager in helping prepare the team for Saturday's game against Southampton."

Given added: "As players, it's important that each and every one of us take responsibility right now and I'm delighted to play my part in helping the manager and the team go and try to win on Saturday."

Possibly the end of Lambert at Villa as well.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Step 1: Log off
Step 2: Erase your history
Step 3: Turn off your PC
Step 4: Never, EVER, comment again!!!

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V10 - Page 35 BlRqiIICAAELzfk

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Cazorla Vs Tomkins. Wat
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Cazorla Vs Tomkins. Wat
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:56 pm

They did Chamakh Vs Suarez once.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Ooh, so it's a humorous thing. Then I understand.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Nah, they're just comparing them because they are the 2 highest rated players.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:They did Chamakh Vs Suarez once.
Laughing
Who does that shit?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next