do u think our squad depth is in crisis?

+2
Le Samourai
terrance511
6 posters

Go down

is it?

do u think our squad depth is in crisis? Vote_lcap50%do u think our squad depth is in crisis? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
do u think our squad depth is in crisis? Vote_lcap50%do u think our squad depth is in crisis? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
do u think our squad depth is in crisis? Vote_lcap0%do u think our squad depth is in crisis? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

do u think our squad depth is in crisis? Empty do u think our squad depth is in crisis?

Post by terrance511 Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:20 pm

other than defensive end,

the only quality sub we have is illarramendi.

we basically don have any game changer sub after jese injury

isco, dont think so Mad , morata is in lowest form.

we used to have higuain, kaka or even callejon etc as hope when we were trailing behind or drawing.

hope there's no more injury.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

do u think our squad depth is in crisis? Empty Re: do u think our squad depth is in crisis?

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:51 pm

If we losing a game, Isco is an amazing sub to have. Up there with pretty much anyone any other club has.

Kaka Laughing

The only game changer we had in the past was Benzema off the bench, now it's Isco. It's the same situation really, if we're losing then the team's play will shift to a form that suits him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

do u think our squad depth is in crisis? Empty Re: do u think our squad depth is in crisis?

Post by izzy Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:56 pm

What?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:01 pm

When we're desperate, we play really good, free flowing, attacking football. Isco will thrive in that environment, like Benzema did in the past.

Kaka and Callejon ain't changed a single game off the bench in their entire Madrid career, Higuain alot, but in the past couple years.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:09 pm

may be it's not right to use the word 'game changer' i was meaning something like 'it's ok, we still have xxx, sub him on' when losing.

anyway, kaka had some ok moment as sub. and callejon did had more than one occasions, scored the winning goal for us.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:16 pm

That was always Isco, even with Jese. Jese offers very little different, Isco does.

Morata...I would have him in that category too, but Carlo is not subbing off Benzema, at all.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Isco offers something different off the bench with his dribbling, even though he overdoes at times.

Morata has scored winners in the past as well.

The only difference is Higuain was obviously better than Morata, but no top striker likes being a backup so I doubt we'll get someone that good.

So overall I guess the depth isn't as good as before, however it's not something that immediately needs to be fixed.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon May 12, 2014 12:50 am

will this thread slightly relevant now?

still
carlo  :facepalm: 
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 1:38 am

Ancelotti was resting players for the CL final. If he wasn't then Bale and Benzema were both fit enough to play against Celta Vigo and they should have.

DM: Alonso, Illarramendi, Casemiro
RCM: Modric, Khedira
LCM: Di Maria, Isco

RW: Bale, Jese
LW: Ronaldo, Jese
CF: Benzema, Morata

Morata could possibly leave this summer, so maybe get a backup CF in who can also play on the wing.

Maybe a DM as well to replace one of the 3. I can't see Alonso working long term there because he just isn't good enough defensively. We can make our backline higher and make the lines closer to partially solve that problem, but I doubt Ancelotti will do it. Also it remains to be seen whether Illarra is good enough defensively to play there as well.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon May 12, 2014 1:56 am

We keep saying Illara is only good in Alonso spot, so we'll have to sit and wait till he does play there.

Anywhere else is just shit.

I don't see us keeping Casemiro either
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon May 12, 2014 5:11 am

I still not impressed by illara distributing. Only better thing he done appear to be ground covered and i don actually have stat on this. I actually put my hope on casemiro on dm. Khedira would not excel in 433 imo

we need another striker to compete with benz.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 12, 2014 7:08 am

i have to agree with Le Samourai, kaka and callejon hardly changed any game when they came off the bench. the main thing they did was cover for players who were injured and enhanced squad depth; but off the bench, kaka especially (and i know how much people admire him, but the truth is the truth) did very little to change the situation when he came on, the only persons that did were higuain back in the day and benzema to an extent......at present, jese i can classify as someone who can bring something new in a game with his aggressive style(but he's injured), isco, i'm not too sure, he's been very inconsistent, morata, used to have that pipita fire, but he seems low on confidence right now....illaramendi adds something different as well (by making us worse, lol) ok, nah i really don't know about illara, he seemed a solid back-up, but he's had some major flops of late
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down