Why isnt Diego Lopez getting a chance with Spain?

+6
free_cat
M99
Winter is Coming
Donuts
futbol
BarcaLearning
10 posters

Go down

Why isnt Diego Lopez getting a chance with Spain? Empty Why isnt Diego Lopez getting a chance with Spain?

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:18 am

So as the topic, hes preferred by Real 2 managers now in front of Casillas. So I wonder why hes not given any chance with Del Bosque. I feel hes more safe than Valdes and perhaps better than Reina too?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Why isnt Diego Lopez getting a chance with Spain? Empty Re: Why isnt Diego Lopez getting a chance with Spain?

Post by futbol Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:16 am

Because del Bosque has a brain. There is no need to disrupt the team harmony. Casillas is captain and deserves to start even with 2 broken hands given his past merits. Valdes is Iniesta's best friend and you don't want to rustle Iniesta's jimmies. Reina is the clown and animator after Spain lift the trophy. No need for Palop's backup to join the team.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Why isnt Diego Lopez getting a chance with Spain? Empty Re: Why isnt Diego Lopez getting a chance with Spain?

Post by Donuts Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:24 am

why try to fix something that is not broken.
Lopez isn't exactly the biggest improvement his reflex sucks and distribution isn't the best.
only reason he is starting over Iker in Madrid is to prove a point that a player isn't bigger then a club.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:21 am

Lopez had a good second half season last season under Mou, but it wasn't that big of a improvement. He and Casillas both leaked almost the same amount of goals last season and what helped Lopez was when Varane got to start and that helped the defense overall. Casillas this season has been a lot better and deserve the #1 spot back, but I can understand Carlo has that would hurt Lopez if he was all of a sudden benched, so he's trying to be fair with both at the moment, but Casillas has been better this season.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:07 am

De Gea deserves a place in the squad more than Lopez anyway.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:16 am

Lopez safer than Valdes?  Laughing 
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:48 am

Yeh, Casillas has done fine for Spain and there's no need to randomly get rid of him. Also this season Casillas has done better than Lopez, so hopefully he gets his spot at Real Madrid back. Any other NT and I'm sure Lopez would have got a chance, but Spain have a lot of top quality GK's.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:25 pm

I see, thanks for the details. I love Casillas too so its great Spain use him as no.1 still Smile I thought Lopez was great though too. But important point in team harmony which is one of things Del Bosque has done best with the squad.

More safe than Valdes I believe that since Valdes is great but thats his weak spot, mistakes and not calm enough.

De Gea still not good enough to be Spain's GK I think, he doesnt give enough confidence.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:37 pm

I wish England had such goalkeeping dilemmas.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:54 pm

DL should go. Defo the best GK Spain has behind Casillas.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:50 pm

Politics... it would look strange if Lopez is playing over Iker at Madrid and then Iker gets the nod at NT. If Iker messes up, it would put VDB in a bad position.

If Iker gets the nod as the #1 in Madrid, i'd expect Lopez to get the call because everything would be consistent.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down