Winter is Coming
Ganso
Mr Nick09
fatman123
Arquitecto
44 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Impact of Eden Hazard at Chelsea versus Neymar at Barça - Page 2 Empty Re: The Impact of Eden Hazard at Chelsea versus Neymar at Barça

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:02 am

there is only one Gil Proud

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Impact of Eden Hazard at Chelsea versus Neymar at Barça - Page 2 Empty Re: The Impact of Eden Hazard at Chelsea versus Neymar at Barça

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 am

Fußball wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:I also think hazard has more goal scoring potential

For me it's the opposite. Neymar's off-the-ball game is already on a different level from what I can see which comes as no surprise given his insane acceleration which helps him shake off markers. Right now he's collecting the ball in deeper positions, playmaking and running with ball at feet. But I can easily see him staying upfront and making off-the-ball runs and providing the movement upfront for Messi's throughballs to score goals (especially with Messi himself turning into DMessi the older he gets). Once he matures and gets more in sync with Messi I could easily see him hitting 40 goals in a season. At the end of the day he is a striker. I don't see that with Hazard. Hazard is more like Ribery for me. I think he will always be a player who will want to run with ball at feet rather than without it.

Actually I don't disagree, I just meant really that hazard has a better shot, and I could see him being a very big goal threat from 18 + yards
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 am

I loved his attitude on the pitch today. There was no complaining, no selfishness, no nonsense. Every time he got fouled he got back up without even looking at the ref.

It was a Iniesta like performance and he's an Iniesta like player.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:10 am

This reminds when people used to compare Aguero to Messi.

The 1st is great had the potential to be one of the best in the world, the other had the potential and talent to be one of the best of all-time!

Hazard-Neymar is very similar, time will tell...

Last edited by Khaled on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:16 am

Only 2 pages long and this may be my favorite GL thread of the past couple of months. Some insightful posts in here.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:46 pm

FFS this next generation excites me Proud

Azarrrrr Proud

Nerman Proud
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Yea it's a bit unfair to compare their individual impacts on their perspective clubs because taking hazard out if the Chelsea xi, will give you a significantly weaker team. Taking Neymar out of barca doesn't really make any difference, in fact they will pretty much remain the same. So I'm going to give it to hazard on this one, but if you consider their national teams, then Neymar is the absolute stone wall figure that makes a difference for Brazil.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:01 pm

That's just because Brazil NT is far more marketable than Belgium NT. Hazard has lifted Belgium just as much as Hazard has lifed Brazil... you just don't see all their games on TV. Belgium NT was far lower too... the missed the last WC and Euro. So the rebuilding project was much, much bigger.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:37 pm

After Messi-Ronaldo I think that we'll have more of a late 90's early 00's era, with more players battling for the Balon d'Or and best player title.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Messi is only 3 years older than Hazard. Not even in his prime. Barring injuries he'll walk the Ballon d'Or for another 6 seasons. Stay safe.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Fußball wrote:Messi is only 3 years older than Hazard. Not even in his prime. Barring injuries he'll walk the Ballon d'Or for another 6 seasons. Stay safe.

Not as long as Ronaldo is playing football
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:59 pm

They are both far to Messi. Great players that will never reach Messi's level, and maybe not even Ronaldo's.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Its funny when people spout this "will never reach x status" nonsense. I remember when people said Messi would "never reach Ronaldinho's level." Their potentials are insane. How about we wait and see how they both turn out?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:56 pm

As consistently good as Messi has been I still don't think I've ever seen a player as good as Ronaldinho in his prime.

I prefer Neymar to Hazard, but they're both the future of football. Neymar, Hazard, Pogba, Gotze, Varane, etc. So much talent in world football right now coming up.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:11 am

Completely destroyed Gala last night.

Going to be even better once he's surrounded by superior players. Only thing he needs to do more of is *bleep* shoot the damn ball.

I don't want a superior version of Iniesta or Silva.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:20 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Its funny when people spout this "will never reach x status" nonsense. I remember when people said Messi would "never reach Ronaldinho's level." Their potentials are insane. How about we wait and see how they both turn out?

you joking? messi at hazards age was 3x the player, hazard is great but he just doesnt have the body structure to be a good a messi or ronaldo, those two are biological aliens, it just will never happen. Most hazard can reach is robbens level.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:33 am

REWB wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Its funny when people spout this "will never reach x status" nonsense. I remember when people said Messi would "never reach Ronaldinho's level." Their potentials are insane. How about we wait and see how they both turn out?

you joking? messi at hazards age was 3x the player, hazard is great but he just doesnt have the body structure to be a good a messi or ronaldo, those two are biological aliens, it just will never happen. Most hazard can reach is robbens level.

The Impact of Eden Hazard at Chelsea versus Neymar at Barça - Page 2 Zp_youthcup002_9731
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:18 am

sportsczy wrote:That's just because Brazil NT is far more marketable than Belgium NT.  Hazard has lifted Belgium just as much as Hazard has lifed Brazil...  you just don't see all their games on TV.  Belgium NT was far lower too...  the missed the last WC and Euro.  So the rebuilding project was much, much bigger.
Hazard has 5 goals (2pk) in like 40-50 games for Belgium man
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:25 am

REWB wrote:

Or you just wish he wouldn't get to that level. Don't worry, I understand. Just sit back and watch.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:23 am

hazard is 23 or 24 . i am sure by this age messi got ballan dor . messi @ 19 scored golazo . RIPped mouthrinhos chav$sea 2006 . @ 20 he was lead man for barca .
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:28 am

Hazard was 22 when Balon d'or 2013 was given. I know that 22 y.o Messi was better, but don't think that he would have won the Balon d'Or now.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:37 am

I also like how they also completely ignored the fact that Messi has played in Europe his entire career and for arguably the biggest club in the world while Hazard had to make his way through Lille. Even if Hazard is as good as Messi at the same age, he'd still have had to make his way slowly into the limelight. But let's completely ignore that, shall we?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:43 am

El Cujo wrote:As consistently good as Messi has been I still don't think I've ever seen a player as good as Ronaldinho in his prime.

I prefer Neymar to Hazard, but they're both the future of football. Neymar, Hazard, Pogba, Gotze, Varane, etc. So much talent in world football right now coming up.

This exactly, messi's consistency has probably been the best the world has ever seen. But I remember watching ronaldinho in his prime, and he was just something out of this world, no one can do what he did during those years... Messi and Ronaldo come close, pele and maradona were the ones I didn't have the pleasure to watch
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:42 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Hazard was 22 when Balon d'or 2013 was given. I know that 22 y.o Messi was better, but don't think that he would have won the Balon d'Or now.

why ?

because you think competition was any less tougher ?

messi / barca played better football (style technic ) than others during that era .

hazard in 2006 chelsea would have been used as hard tackling , clogger essentially his dribbling would have taken out and he would be used for counter attacking the box aka mouthrinho 2006 style .

if he was used as a winger he would be a duff or 2006 robben style back tracker sending crosses  and hoofs to drogbas head  Afro  .  rofl he would have left england just like robben did .

so much systematic changes have come to renties playing style after 2012 . you cant compare 2006-2009 (mess was 19-21 at that time ) football with its tactics and technique with 2014 .
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Neither Hazard nor Neymar will ever come close to Messi, that can be guaranteed already. This is a 3 year old video of Messi passing the ball (so footage from 17 - 23 years old, basically Hazard's career so far).

He was already passing the ball and creating chances like an elite #10. Both Hazard and Neymar are good passers, they definitely have an eye for their teammates, more than Ronaldo already, but neither is an elite creator. For example nowhere near Özil. Yet Messi is a superior creator than Özil. Apart from dribbling like Maradona and putting up goalscoring numbers like Gerd Müller. Laughing It's very easy to see that 23 year old Hazard is not going to turn into that kind of player. Messi was playing like Hazard is playing now when he was 17 basically, if not better.

I think it's also wrong that people said he wouldn't reach Ronaldinho's level. He was being compared to Maradona when he was like 18. See the comparisons after his famous Getafe goal. Ronaldinho himself said in his Ballon d'Or speech that "there is already a better player than me in Barcelona".

Ribery is about Hazard's ceiling.

Not sure with Neymar yet. He's much more raw, younger and playing his very first season in Europe. But next Messi he too is definitely not.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:10 pm

REWB wrote:

What do you mean by body structure?

Messi is a medical marvel. He defies all logic. lf anything, he has proved that no matter who you are, what you look like, or what body type you are.. You can be a GOAT.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next