VendettaRed07
EL Patron
Lex
REWB
Jay29
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Southampton 2 - 2 Arsenal: Dropped points, should have been worse - Page 2 Empty Re: Southampton 2 - 2 Arsenal: Dropped points, should have been worse

Post by djoe26 Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Great work Jay!

Lex wrote:Ramsey is out for 4-6 weeks. Forget about him for a while

Sad Sad 

djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Southampton 2 - 2 Arsenal: Dropped points, should have been worse - Page 2 Empty Re: Southampton 2 - 2 Arsenal: Dropped points, should have been worse

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:27 pm

Whoever thought that the Arteta - Flamini midfield would be a good option?
Seriously what did Wenger think? Too much imbalance in that midfield.

That first half was........uhm...... .........I don't know really what to say about it.
Second half we played well for the first 7 minutes then dropped off again.
Unacceptable.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Sina wrote:Southampton 2 - 2 Arsenal: Dropped points, should have been worse - Page 2 I9ha4qCXdZzEu

luck pls come back on our side fgs
ffs. We never get it. Sad

Özil turned it on a bit in the second half. I'm often his first critic, though he really tried hardest in the second half. Credit where it's due.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Anyone know what Giroud doing here? rofl 
Poor Santi.Laughing 

Southampton 2 - 2 Arsenal: Dropped points, should have been worse - Page 2 BfKK62kCcAAlOEO
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:18 pm

The sight of Flamini and Arteta in midfield is just too depressing  :brickwall: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:00 am

EL Patron wrote:The sight of Flamini and Arteta in midfield is just too depressing  :brickwall: 

No

Ozil failed to perform that midfield role. He was why we lost. He is better off on wings more advance role. Cazorla rosicky could have worked in the centre to link mid with def and attack. Aeteta was also not 100%.

Wenger's fault we lost bcox his tactics were wrong.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Özil was brilliant, have to say that. Tracking back, a few slide tackles, his assist. His best performance so far imo. Most dedicated.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:38 pm

[quote="MJGunner"]Özil was brilliant, have to say that. Tracking back, a few slide tackles, his assist. His best performance so far imo. Most dedicated.[u/quote]

Yes but where was he defensively and why did he not regularly fall back to link attack defense. Bcoz of him arsenal did not retain possession in Southampton's half.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:10 pm

...I just said he tracked back and made tackles. Yes he was defensively aware, more so than in any other game.

The reason we couldn't retain possession in their half was because of how deeply Arteta and Flamini sit, we lose the ball and then we invite them into our half because we don't have Jack, Rambo or Rozza to hound them for the ball. We have two deep-sitting mids.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Ozil defensively was poor. Stood while they ran past him.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Some of the responses remind me of the comments from that day after THAT Aston Villa loss. Smarten up boys!!

I am certain we are not the only club thats been hit with injuries. And besides, we still have enough quality within the team to stay in arms reach of man city. Just remember, our tough fixtures are followed by much easier ones. IIRC we have the easiest fixtures that leads upto the end of the season no?

BTW Miroslov Klose would be ideal to solve our striking issues. Wonder if he is available  hmm 
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:49 pm

boyzis wrote:Ozil defensively was poor. Stood while they ran past him.

Wrong. Watch the game again. He constantly tracked back and made a few slide tackles.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Özil was very good. Arteta - Flamini midfield was the failure.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 pm

El Gunner wrote:Özil was very good. Arteta - Flamini midfield was the failure.

I know Wenger did not have a choice but if we can notice that, I am sure Wenger can also and hope he does not repeat it again.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Ozil really surprised me. That moment when he picked up the ball in our own half, ran through the entire Southampton team, actually kicked the ball forward and sprinted after it and almost lobbed Boruc was insane
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Yeah, that moment stood out to me too. Wenger's words about how people expect Özil to change the game alone have been stuck in my head for a week. When I saw him do that, I knew he said it just to take pressure off of him, not to insinuate that he can't change the game on his own.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:29 am

Didn't have a chance to visit forums until tonight. Extremely belated response to this game, but, yeah, it wasn't great bar a few minutes in the second half. Southampton won only 2 of last 12 PL games now too. And were missing key players Missed opportunity.

Still, this weekend could be wonderful if we win and Man City draw with Chelsea. We'll see..
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2