eelir
RealGunner
Khaled
Harmonica
windkick
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Levante - FC Barcelona | Copa del Rey, 1st leg | 1.22.2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Levante - FC Barcelona | Copa del Rey, 1st leg | 1.22.2014

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:42 pm

danyjr wrote:Messi :bow:

Dat liability Proud
Pls notice how on all 4 goals he assisted (although I'm not sure if the first one counts as an assist, he was the one that passed it to tello) he made it from the same position as a classic 10.

#DMessi

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Levante - FC Barcelona | Copa del Rey, 1st leg | 1.22.2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: Levante - FC Barcelona | Copa del Rey, 1st leg | 1.22.2014

Post by danyjr Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Seriously, has Cristiano ever performed one of these passes like Messi's assists in his career, let alone 3 in one match.

I dare say even Özil would have been more than proud of producing such curlers.

Last edited by danyjr on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Donuts wrote:Messi should be subbed bah god his movement sucks right guys?
How did Messi's movement contribute to any of the 4 goals? scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:55 pm

anybody got the gifs of the goals?

If Messi wants to play as a classic 10, maybe it's time we consider getting a classic 9 in the future. Would be interesting to see how something like that would affect our line up
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 pm

danyjr wrote:Seriously, has Cristiano ever performed one of these passes like Messi's assists in his career, let alone 3 in one match.

No

No but come on, no pressure on him, big passing lane, big space behind, typically average overglorified messi through balls imo. All it takes is a bit of vision, being put in the right position, a well timed runner, and terrible defending. Cristiano NEVER is put in that position because it's not his role and he doesn't know how to play that role. But I'm sure technically he could play those passes
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Yeah, Messi's movement didn't change one bit from the last game. The problem isn't Messi's movement. I don't think these two games could make it any more plain for the thickest.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Holy crap, those assists :bow:
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:21 pm

#DMessi. All these comparisons with Ronaldo need to stop, its like apples and oranges.

Messi > Makalele

mowgli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:27 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:
danyjr wrote:Seriously, has Cristiano ever performed one of these passes like Messi's assists in his career, let alone 3 in one match.

No

No but come on, no pressure on him, big passing lane, big space behind, typically average overglorified messi through balls imo. All it takes is a bit of vision, being put in the right position, a well timed runner, and terrible defending. Cristiano NEVER is put in that position because it's not his role and he doesn't know how to play that role. But I'm sure technically he could play those passes

Messi has done those kind of passes even when he is pressured and it has to be inch perfect because there is close to no space. And he has done them against top teams as well.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:28 pm

windkick wrote:anybody got the gifs of the goals?

If Messi wants to play as a classic 10, maybe it's time we consider getting a classic 9 in the future. Would be interesting to see how something like that would affect our line up

It's too soon imo. I don't think he would like it right now although I really liked the way he played behind Villa against Milan AC in the CL last year or the one before .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:29 pm

harhar11 wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:

No

Messi has done those kind of passes even when he is pressured and it has to be inch perfect because there is close to no space. And he has done them against top teams as well.

IT's not even up to debate. Ozil has played against Levante too btw .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:32 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:No

I think the assists are being blown a bit out of proportion, the fact that Messi was able to make 7 of these diagonal passes says more about Levante allowing Messi to go unpressed and an awful ability to pick up interceptions than Messi's ability, but I haven't really seen anything by Cristiano to suggest he is capable of either the vision, passing range or timing involved in this.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I think the assists are being blown a bit out of proportion, the fact that Messi was able to make 7 of these diagonal passes says more about Levante allowing Messi to go unpressed and an awful ability to pick up interceptions than Messi's ability, but I haven't really seen anything by Cristiano to suggest he is capable of either the vision, passing range or timing involved in this.

Well yeah, I'm not saying Cristiano is a playmaker by any stretch of the imagination, but I think given time and space he can pick a pass, I'm sure I remember some instances of him playing through balls in situations where there was open space
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:12 am

Spoiler:
Against a team that completely shut down Fabregas - Busquets - Xavi midfield just in the last game.

Last edited by Harmonica on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:15 am

For someone of Messi's ability, other than the 2nd one of those gifs, those balls are child's play. For him, thats nothing.

Levante rightback doing ultimate ball watching, someone like Messi will pick it out every single time.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:17 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:...an awful ability to pick up interceptions than Messi's ability
Levante - FC Barcelona | Copa del Rey, 1st leg | 1.22.2014 - Page 2 349
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:23 am

How can you look at some of the gifs just posted and not be like 'well, a better defender would've picked that up'? In the first one a defender even passes it ahead Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:38 am

For those saying its just Levante!
Remember its not as if its the 1st time he makes these through balls or has that much assists.

Real Madrid is his favorite opponent when it comes to assists with (11). Levante and Getafe and 2nd with (8 each)...

Total 122 straight assists (excluding penalties won, deflected passes) in 400 official Barcelona games!

His numbers and quality is as good if not better than the best player makers in history!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:40 am

DuringTheWar wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Well yeah, I'm not saying Cristiano is a playmaker by any stretch of the imagination, but I think given time and space he can pick a pass, I'm sure I remember some instances of him playing through balls in situations where there was open space

Laughing
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:43 am

DuringTheWar wrote:Well yeah, I'm not saying Cristiano is a playmaker by any stretch of the imagination, but I think given time and space he can pick a pass, I'm sure I remember some instances of him playing through balls in situations where there was open space
I think it's possible he could do it once or twice, but not as consistently as Messi did during this match.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:45 am

Barcelona hat-tricks this season: Messi 2, Pedro 2, Neymar 1, Alexis 1, TELLO 1
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:51 am

Still, I mean as I've been saying all season. What good does it for us when our striker is getting used to playing as more of a right mid, as oppose to a center forward. Look at his positioning in all those gifs. He's practically where Xavi should be and Xavi is up at the front. And Xavi isn't a good finisher yet they rotate now and if you look at the last game against Levante it cost us cause Xavi isn't a finisher. That's Messi's role. If Messi is getting comfortable and preferring to play so far back then maybe we should get a legit target for him up top. Having Neymar as the striker with Messi as the runner behind him could work.

I just feel that the more Messi gets comfy playing so far back, as he has done more this season than he has in the past, that we will struggle to score even more than usual vs bark the bus teams. He now starts off so far back, that by the time he trys to start running forward he will get closed out. And will have to relay on our wingers to score who are hit or miss, as are our mids who usually run up to the forward line when he falls back.

I'm just nervous Sad
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:57 am

That Xavi - Messi change is actually quite demonstrative. Why don't Xavi pull those passes anymore what Messi does in his position? He's done it before, now he's just way too conservative. That makes forwards not want to even make those runs because you hardly ever get to see the ball so you end up running with no purpose, it just feeds the negativity of the team, and makes it super predictable.

Nobody cares if you loose the ball trying something Xavi, you can do it, you should do it. The scoring/conceding ratio of accurate/failed through ball has to be at least 5/1 or something like that.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:38 am

Great passes from Messi and awesome speed from Tello. The first half was a bit disapointing and I would have liked for Messi and Pedro to score either. I felt Roberto had a bad game today, he seemed very unsure and unconfident.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:40 am

I too prefer Messi playing higher up the pitch though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Please someone show me where Xavi was being "conservative" and had time and space with someone running in behind so easily and the defence so bad for those same types of passes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum