Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
8 posters

Go down

Arsenal v Fulham Preview Empty Arsenal v Fulham Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:17 am

Arsenal v Fulham, Saturday 18th January, 3pm, Emirates Stadium, Premier League

Arsenal v Fulham Preview 1164576-19529261-640-360
Two of Arsenal's young Guns, Jack and Serge, celebrate in the victory at Aston Villa

Premier League

1. Arsenal 48pts
2. Man C 47pts
3. Chelsea 46pts
4. Liverpool 42pts
--------
5. Everton 41pts
--------
16. Fulham 19pts

Gunners looking for 5 successive league wins as Fulham come to the Emirates

"What has changed, with bringing players like Ozil in and not losing our players, is that suddenly people believe again that we can fight." That was Arsène Wenger on Friday afternoon. The long-serving Frenchman speaks with the confidence of a man who believes his side can finally bring silverware to the Emirates Stadium. "You know the policy will be exactly the same, but the resources available will be higher and bigger because we have gone through a period where we had to pay our stadium back." The Gunners' growing financial power is not a secret, and, it was little surprise Wenger was asked about the most popular German in north London just now - Schalke's Julian Draxler. The response? "It's like the UFO's - some see them, some don't."

Take that how you want, but Arsenal mean business in the market. And right now, the club mean business on the pitch, too. Since that lackluster goalless draw with Chelsea two days prior to Christmas, Wenger has managed his side to four successive Premier League victories. Another one tomorrow would equal the run of five wins in the league back in August and September - a run that started with the 3-1 success at Craven Cottage against Saturday's opponents, Fulham.

The West Londoners have never won away at Arsenal in any competition, losing 22 of their 27 visits, but Wenger is wary. "They always produce an efficient performance at the Emirates so we want to focus on getting three more points." Those three points would ensure the Gunners stay ahead of the pack for another ten days, at least - next weekend is FA Cup weekend.

The stats show that, under the recently-appointed René Meulensteen, Fulham have more possession and complete more passes, but 5 losses in his 8 league games so far, means Meulensteen is still in danger of taking the Cottagers down into the Championship. It seems it might get even harder, too, if want-away forward Dimitar Berbatov gets his way, though the coach played that down on Friday: "I'm not thinking about that for one minute, and I'm sure he is not."

Match Facts

* Darren Bent has scored eight goals in his last 10 appearances in all competitions against Arsenal, including five in the last four.

* Darren Bent has scored eight goals in his last 10 appearances in all competitions against Arsenal, including five in the last four.

* There have been four red cards in the last six Premier League meetings between these London rivals, but all of them have come at Craven Cottage.

* This match will be Arsenal’s 200th Premier League London derby (W103 D55 L41 F338 A190) and their 100th on home soil (W58 D25 L16 F184 A91). They have averaged more points per game (1.83) from London derbies than any other team.

* Arsenal have kept seven clean sheets in their last eight games in all competitions at the Emirates Stadium, conceding just one goal in the other match during this run.

* Arsenal have played 39 through balls this season (a joint-high with Liverpool), Fulham have played only eight.

Team News

Arsenal

Rosický (nose) & Monreal (foot) are expected to be fit, but Ramsey (thigh), Arteta (calf), Walcott (knee), Vermaelen (knee), Bendtner (ankle) & Diaby (knee) are all out.

Fulham

Amorebieta (knee) is doubtful.

Arsenal v Fulham Preview AbGetHxaG

Arsenal subs: Fabiański, Jenkinson, Monreal, Chamberlain, Rosický, Cazorla, Sanogo

Fulham subs: Stockdale, Hughes, Richardson, Karagounis, Kačaniklić, Kasami, Taarabt

Thumbs up 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Fulham Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Fulham Preview

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:35 am

Great preview Sam.

Lets get the 3 points and bang in the goals! we have not given anyone this season a good beating and Fulham can be that team. I have a feeling Fulham will have a game of their life and make it hard for us.

Score early and dont sit back and kill the game off early so we all can have so fun. I hope Podolski gets few goals and Wenger gives him more games.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:49 am

Fulham always seem to make us look like we're losing, even if we're winning 1-0
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:51 am

Great preview Sam.

As bad as Fulham are, we obviously can't afford to get complacent. Scoring first and fast is the key to having an easier time as more goals usually follow.

Fulham will make it difficult. They apparently know how we are going to play so their game plan will most likely to stay compact, foul, kick, hit on the counter and the usual.

They are extremely average so I really do expect us to hit at least 3 goals. Anything less will be disappointing. And if god forbid we end us dropping points

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:54 am

Lex wrote:Fulham always seem to make us look like we're losing, even if we're winning 1-0

Not just them, every shit team somehow always show up against us. :facepalm: 
https://2img.net/u/3313/22/97/24/smiles/1625187496.gif
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:55 am

I love how Sanogo's return wasn't even announced Laughing One day he's injured, the next he's fit and on the bench
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:58 am

I am not sure Wilshere is fit btw. Couldn't see him anywhere in the training pics. Might see Oxlade-Flamini in midfield
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:07 am

RealGunner wrote:I am not sure Wilshere is fit btw. Couldn't see him anywhere in the training pics. Might see Oxlade-Flamini in midfield
we are in for trouble..
then i think we will see Rosicky-Flamini.. dont think Ox has the match fitness to make a start at an important role..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:21 am

Important to get the 3 points.
No place for complacency.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:33 am

I see a huge issue for Fulham if they play with Bent and Berbatov up front in a 4-4-2 like that.

That's close to how Liverpool were playing when we kept SAS invisible.  Twisted Evil 
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:26 pm

I don't think they'll play like that tbh. I can see Berbatov starting alone upfront.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Great work Sam
about time to have a convincing win vs Fulham at home
hope our mids play so fluently that their scrappy style make no difference
Come On Arsenal
Sina