arabprince
Dante
M99
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Seedorf - Page 3 Empty Re: Seedorf

Post by Milantildeath Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:39 am

We play a lot more of an attractive style with Seedorf that is for sure. For me, Robinho is killing the balance. He just doesn't have that extra step that he once had. His inability to get past players and to get wide kills us. I can't wait to see Taarabt out there stretching the opponent. Once SES comes back I'd honestly start thinking about how much Kaka has left as a starter every match as well. Kaka gives his heart and soul to the squad, but just doesn't have that dynamic spring to his step anymore. Don't get me wrong, he is still a very good player, but I think he should be rested and used at the right times.

Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:20 am

Clarence Seedorf claims AC Milan are continuing to make great progress despite their 1-1 draw with Torino on Saturday.

The visitors took the lead at San Siro after Ciro Immobile netted a fine solo effort, but Adil Rami levelled the encounter with a long-range strike in the second period.

Seedorf indicated how pleased he was with the team's performance, stating his players are adapting well to his methods and praising the likes of goalscorer Rami, Urby Emanuelson and Mattia De Sciglio.

"I did say beforehand Giampiero Ventura’s teams are very well-organised and we saw that tonight," the coach told reporters after the match.  

"In the first half Torino were still a little deep, so [Keisuke] Honda tried to break through, but you have to spread the play to stretch out opposition defences.

"It requires patience and my players had more of that after the break, forcing the opponents to move out of position.

"I saw improvements and right now it’s important to focus on the positives and on what we can continue to make better.

"With our defenders pushing up to support the attack, it’s natural to run a few risks, but it is a calculated risk. Urby Emanuelson and Mattia De Sciglio pushed hard and did great.

"I believe Rami has great potential and is a very positive lad who is giving us a big hand. He still needs to get to know Italian football, though."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:38 am

Milan Coach Clarence Seedorf says that more than anything else he wants his players to enjoy and express themselves on the pitch.

In an in-depth interview with Gazzatta dello Sport, the Dutchman also said that offensive tactics in football did not really exist.

“I want the players to play, laugh and enjoy themselves,” Seedorf said. “I never get too annoyed if there are any mistakes.

“I need to show them that above everything that they have done well.

“Even if it’s only for ten minutes, then great, it can become twenty, then thirty, and eventually a whole match.

“You journalists are so passionate about tactics and systems, you talk about it for hours!

“But do you know what the truth is? That in modern football there are only systems for the defensive side of the game.

“In attack there is total fluidity, six players who move and interchange constantly without there being an out and out reference point.

“Because of this, questions about our style of play annoy me!

“I have a plan and it is simple, I want my children to live in a better world than this.

“That is why my foundation, Champions for Children, exists, to educate through sport.

“And sport as a whole, not just football, is a fantastic point of reference for us adults too.”

Seedorf then gave a telling insight into the character of Mario Balotelli.

“Mario, in reality, is a very kind, sweet and sensitive person who feels burdened with enormous responsibilities that are actually not his.

“We should take those off him, and maybe even free him from feeling like he has to be a symbol.

“We must give him back his sense of self-worth and allow him to develop as a person.

“This includes allowing him to make mistakes.

“Only this way will he become a complete champion. That day will be a victory for me and for everyone.”

The Dutchman was also asked about the various Coaches he worked under.

“I started with Van Gaal, a distant memory,” he replied. “I appreciated Ancelotti, Lippi and Capello massively.

“Fabio was the man who transformed me.

“Under him I stopped running round the pitch in search of glory, he gave me a position and above all the conviction that helped me become a leader.

“The three Italians definitely had something extra.”
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 pm

I would be so embarrassed if Seedorf got fired like all the papers say everyday. I mean, is it actually the media that push our weak management to fire Seedorf or the other way around? I feel like this is going to happen now, and its just so hopeless.

So what if Inzaghi comes in, we ofc love Inzaghi, but what can ANY coach change at this club when the players are mediocre?

To fire Seedorf this quickly is a complete and utter disgrace, and just continues to support the horror show from the management. The Matri deal just proves the desperation and worthless ideas being thrown around. Signing young talented players? Fuk dat! Bring us more Matri's!

Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:10 pm

My post from the GS:

It would be absurd to sack Seedorf after such a short period but even more so given the lack of short term objectives left to consider this season. Nothing remains as an objective with no European competition in which to play and no credible league objective bar survival meaning that all pressure concerning results has essentially been alleviated. Our team has nothing to play for during the rest of the season. If we were to remove Seedorf, what would we be doing this for? To achieve what before the end of the season?

Seedorf has been far from perfect, however he deserves the chance to make the changes he wants in the summer and at least a year at the helm, ideally two, in which to show progress. I personally feel that Berlusconi will not act against a man with whom he has such a close relationship; personally I feel it's just a media circus which will blow over soon.

According to the press Allegri was sacked about a dozen times during his management. Seedorf's position is safe, rest assured.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Buddy , rest assured and Milan do not go together in a very long time now. I've kept myself from talking too much on Seedorf , because i wanted to see more from him and from the team. And i'd like to wait some more still.

But , i will say this briefly . I'd say that any other really embarassing result can and will put Seedorf under imminent danger , because quite frankly , Milan is a mess right now. We will never know , untill its done , but u have BB , Fester and Berlusconi , all "commanding" and having ideas for whats best for Milan and our future. Then you have Seedorf , who wants to be able to do his job like he deserves to , like any other top manager does in such big clubs , because simply , that is the way. A coach asks for stuff to change and people above him deliver . It is so ridiculously simple for all clubs .

But not in Milan. In Milan , the holy trio , has all the answers and doesn't need a coach to sustain the future in any course other than the one they've set. The last coach to ask privilages to guide Milan's transfer markets according to what he needed to work with , was Leonardo. How long till someone up there decides that no , Seedorf , we don't run things like that here. In the past it was only Berlusconi , now you have BB too and there's always Galliani involved.

A mess , dosto. A mess. You can never rest assured under such conditions. I do admit tho , that there's a good posibility that they know how stupid it will seem having forced Seedorf to retire in order to become our coach , just so they would sack him months later , because of this mess others had created before him. Let's put our hopes there for the time being and being Berlusconi's chosen , should mean he should have at the very least another season.

Assuming he stays on , whatever goes on untill the last match of the season , what exactly can we expect from Seedorf when there's no real expectation of investment ? Seedorf can ask for anything to change and whilst they may agree with him , can they actually make so much work, so much monstrous work in 1 summer ? I don't think they can and i am not sure they believe so much in Seedorf , i'll have to witness it with my own eyes first , to follow what he wants by word. In Berlusconi's case , i don't think he wants to either , because it will cost him big money to follow Seedorf , even if Berlusconi was the one to choose him .

Our only hope right now , is Seedorf. Berlusconi wanted him here . If Seedorf cannot do something this summer to change our course , oh boy , i can't even imagine how long it will take before we see Milan being Milan again. Seedorf has very interesting ideas , ideas which most of the mediocre players we have these days , won't deliver them. We need new , exciting players with ambition , with will to follow him. Players who learned the game elsewise , who complain , who can't execute and who don't need to win , can stay the fk away from Milan , whoever they may be. If Seedorf manages to attract such kind of players and finally become a coach who gets something from our management in return , he will succeed as a coach in Milan . Otherwise , if this fails or isn't even approved by the summer , i can see him gone , there's no other way to take. It's either Seedorf and his way or our management's way and Spalleti/Prandelli in the end. 2 ways and 3 commanders in a sunking ship..

i am sure it will go smoothly
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:58 pm

So far, it has been 7 years to "rebuild" the team. This is absurd. If we sign band aid players in the summer, I hope the curva sud do a lot of protesting and make sure that they force changes.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:38 pm

I'm keen to see the type of players that he wants to get for summer, more interested in the 3/4 of the squad that he's wants to ship off hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:39 am

According to reports, he seems to be interested in Maher, Doria, and Classie. However, you can't trust many newspapers at this time.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:13 pm

Without the CL , it will be even harder to attract players we really need . We will have to give it everything if we want progress in that regard. Young and ambitious players won't come to rot in Milan , especially without CL and zero hope of winning anything. They will need a project presented to them first and we only have a mess to show .

This summer will either make or break us for the coming years, on many fronts.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Milan eye Spalletti

Reports suggest Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi likes currently unattached Italian coach Luciano Spalletti as a potential replacement for Clarence Seedorf if the Rossoneri's form doesn't begin to improve.

Source: Tuttosport
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Would you like Spalleti ?

Personally , there has been a time i was really fond of the idea , but right now , i am much more interested into what Seedorf has in mind for Milan. If it was possible to hire Spalleti as coach with Seedorf as the assistant , so he could learn and observe from Spalleti , i think this could be a very interesting duo to guide Milan..

Obviously Seedorf is too proud to take such a step back now , so there's no way to witness such a thing. Anyway , i think Spalleti will coach Milan one day , sooner or later . He's one of the few italian coaches that definitely qualifies for the job. And if i am not that mistaken , Galliani is said to be a fan as well. And we all know Galliani has no issue with waiting , if he sets his mind on something.

I don't necessarily believe what the report says , especially since it's from Tuttoshit , but Spalleti has been rumoured to be a candidate for a long time now and i think he will continue to be one , even if Seedorf is able to last years in Milan . I am not wishing or expecting anything with Spalleti , but the possibility of getting the Milan job at some point , cannot be ignored. He's a respected coach with vast experience and very interesting methods . We'll see , but in any case . I don't really see this happening any time soon tbh.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by missjb Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Hi all I'm new him.. let me join Smile

So the rumour stated that spaletti will be an AC Milan coach next season? I hope if spaletti take over, please don't sack Seedorf... Let him be an assistant coach for example..  Surprised 
missjb
missjb
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi missjb! I think we can safely say that Seedorf will be the coach of Milan next season. He's not going to be sacked until, at the very earliest, the middle of next season.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:39 pm

The rumors keep piling on :facepalm:

He was just recently given the job, why are you guys so trigger happy?

Hopefully he's given some decent time to built whatever it is he wants.

And personally didn't think he was the right appointment in the first place for a club the size of Milan.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Its absolutely insane. Why hire someone who was still in his playing career, make him retire and sack him 4 months into the job? Don't hire if you can't back him ffs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Who knows what will happen with Seedorf .. the season's amount of dramatic stuff has gone through the roof Laughing

Seedorf's was indeed quite the risky appointment yes , everybody agrees on that , put aside people who have been against it in the first place. In my opinion , it's an all-in decision .

If Seedorf can solidify his place as someone who straight away smuggled us out of a totally doomed season , he will stay , i guess. And depending on what we do this summer , he could be staying for sometime actually.

And then there's the other part , the .. ideology(sic) of the administration. Force a club legend to retire from the game in order to take the team's broken reigns , only to sack him some months later because of the mess they are at the very best kind of scenarios 80% responsible for .

Idk what to think or say anymore , those who run Milan just do whatever they want , because ... because , i suppose? Laughing

I don't expect anything anymore . I'll just watch the games , support my team and that's that. I'm mentally exhausted as a fan by remembering what Milan is supposed to be and what it is , or does , these days.

We are this : one step ahead , then two steps back . And then some more , because why not ? We won too much for 2 decades , let's just take a good break and be grateful for the pure mediocrity that describes this Milan side , or watching club legends like Maldini and Seedorf getting treated like s**** , and that by the club itself.

I hope the papers just feed controversy like usuall , otherwise if Seedorf does get the sack , we deserve to be laughted at. The thing is , even if the sacking of Seedorf proved to be positive for next season , it's a clear sign of our management's idiocy and clear lack of vision .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Dante +1 agree on everything
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:07 am

Seedorf won't be confirmed surely, I said it already some days ago. in Italy most  journalists agree about it (almost all tbf ) and AC Milan does not disprove these rumours.
Yesterday Seedorf released an  interview on hir own with Sky Italy not agreed with AC Milan ( this is the reason why many journalists thought wrongly he was going to be sacked even before of derby... why he needed to release this interview, he was announcing his resignation ? ) in which he wanted to clarify his future.
he is practically a separate in house, he's not in tune with the AC Milan and tbf in this moment AC Milan is a society where everyone thinks their own interests and all make the war each other.
Berlusconi seems disinterested ( on the other hand no possibiliites to earn votes now thanks to Milan ...) , Galliani and Barbara make the war each other and and they vie for the same role , Galliani is against Seedorf, the players are not all so compact with him and anyway  the iconic image of this Milan is Balotelli who strolls for the pitch so detached.  Caos atm.
The only one who is Really interested to Milan's welfare ( and not to own welfare ) is Clarence Seedorf and  this is probably his main guilt , not to be a Yes-Man.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Well , i don't know what will happen and i think , none can safely say anything atm . We don't know what will happen with Seedorf , but sacking him for Inzaghi , will be really silly.

It's not that Inzaghi will be bad. Replacing one inexperienced coach with another , i mean , what does that tell you? I hope Seedorf stays and works with his team for next season. He's very passionate about this and you always need people like that , inexperienced or not. I feel Seedorf will evolve into a really great coach , if he can stay that is. I can't tell what his course will be after Milan but , it will be such a huge shame if 6 months was all Milan had offered him to work .

If he leaves , oh then. I'd like Spalleti. But we all know it won't be Spalleti , why do things normally ? They will definitely hire Inzaghi if Seedorf gets the sack . Inzaghi said he would have accepted to work at Sassuolo , only for B&G to convince him otherwise. They want to have him available straight away , it's crystal clear who our next coach will be if/when Seedorf does get the sack after the season is over.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu May 01, 2014 4:22 am

I doubt the management would be stupid enough to sack Seedorf. The rumor mill keeps on churning no matter what. If we were to believe these rumors, then we would have sacked Allegri like a million times on a million different occasions. But he was given a fair amount of time (though not a lot of resources) to change things. We have a history of being patient with managers.

I can't remember the last time Milan sacked a coach after a few defeats or a dip in form, and I am pretty confident that it will be the same case with Seedorf. He should be given time, at least another season (with proper resources), and only then can his performance can be evaluated. But I realize that might be wishful thinking.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Thu May 01, 2014 10:49 pm

He will not get a sack during these final days of the season. In the summer that will be another thing. But the problem is not him. The problem are his players. We don't have enough quality to compete with the likes of Roma on their pitch. As we saw in those 5 wins in the row Seedorf could know what he is doing but our current rooster is not good to compete in highest level.
We need reinforcements and not so much a new coach.
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 10, 2014 1:21 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/48994/berlusconi-elderly-do-seedorf-job

Presidente wrote:“I met many people there,” said Berlusconi. “They could control the Milan locker room pretty well.”

and also

http://www.football-italia.net/49001/spalletti-milan-job

Presidente wrote:According to the Corriere della Sera, Berlusconi also commented off the record: “I have an idea who the next Coach of Milan will be, but I won’t tell you.”

If he trully said these words , that is all the confirmation anyone needs. Seedorf is gone once the season is over . The fact that Spalleti has yet to secure a new job , only makes such a conclusion all the more likely.

I hope it's all bs , but i am not confident about Seedorf staying , if i want to be honest. If Berlusconi did say that , well , i feel quite sad for Seedorf. Put aside all the coach things that we bother these days , Seedorf is a club legend , that's no way to talk about him . That's Berlusconi for you , i guess.. Few months back he personally asked him to coach Milan and now..

I suppose i know now where all went bad , it must have been the game against Atletico in Madrid. Idk if anyone remembers , but Berlusconi was furious when we lost to Manchester 4-0. After that he never said a word about Leonardo , untill he was sacked. And the same thing happened again this season.

In my book , Seedorf is already sacked come the end of the season , although i do hope i am proven entirely wrong.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat May 10, 2014 1:30 pm

It doesn't make sense to me. Seedorf has won far more games than Allegri in did this season - and look how long it took for the management to fire him. Seedorf just won us our first derby since the stone age and suddenly rumours that he is going to be fired have increased 100%.
 scratch 
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Sat May 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Spalletti is a good coach. Whatever you guys do, please don't go fo the likes of Mancini, Ranieri, Sinisa Mihajlovic and any Italian coach who deploys the infamous 3-5-2 system and it's variations.
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 11, 2014 8:14 am

http://football-italia.net/49009/seedorf-what-did-berlusconi-mean

Clarence Seedorf was irritated and confused by President Silvio Berlusconi’s criticism as Milan face Atalanta.

It kicks off in Bergamo on Sunday at 11.30 UK time (10.30 GMT), click here for a match preview.

“Balance is the key word after the derby. There is enthusiasm following a victory against a quality opponent, but the week had to be approached with the sole objective of doing well in Bergamo,” Seedorf said in a Press conference.

“We’re riding the wave of the derby, while Atalanta did well against Juventus and have many young players who want to prove themselves.

“My team is in good shape and aware of what is at stake. We must always maintain that psychological balance. I expect the same mentality and grit as we’ve seen in recent outings.”

Despite six wins from the last seven rounds and Europa League qualification still within reach, Seedorf’s position on the bench is extremely shaky.

President Berlusconi made matters worse by commenting the elderly people with dementia he’s doing community service with could control the Milan locker room.

“I have no comment, I have nothing to say. I didn’t understand what he meant. My focus is just on the team and the players. I could joke that it’s easy to control this group, but aside from that I didn’t understand what he was trying to say.

“I am pleased that some players declared they were close to me. It’s always pleasing, as if they say it in public then that means they believe it.

“I don’t want to talk about the President with you, I am relaxed. He praised Vincenzo Montella? You shouldn’t ask me, as he’s the one who said those things. You’ll find a brick wall asking me.

“Ask the club what they think. I cannot speak for others.”

When asked about Berlusconi's comments that Mario Balotelli should find his position in Italy, where he couldn't for Milan, Seedorf vented at the media.

"Don't ask me these questions. I know I've been working as a Coach for three months, but I've been in the football world for 22 years and I am not stupid. I have always been respectful to you and I want you to be respectful to me."

Seedorf raised further questions on his future by accepting a job with the BBC as a pundit during the World Cup.

“I can choose which games I work on, so it’ll only be a few matches. I have been collaborating with them since 2009, all Coaches and directors will be in Brazil this summer, for one reason or another.”
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next