Who is the best complete midfielder today?

+23
Donuts
Juveman17
Lupi
FilthyLuca
Highburied
Forza
El Gunner
Robespierre
Kaladin
the xcx
futbol
RealGunner
VanDeezNuts
M99
•MilanDevil•
ExtremistEnigma
harhar11
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
Valkyrja
Onyx
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Who... ?

Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap10%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap49%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 20 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap5%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_lcap2%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 41

Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the best complete midfielder today?

Post by S Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Lupi wrote:I judge quality of players from important games and Cl games are important games and the quality of games. Are higher than league games

Well ,this is not about being the best midfielder debate,this is a debate about the most complete midfielder today.Otherwise the likes of Iniesta,Fabregas,Kroos would've made this poll.

And its arguable Vidal is one of the best CM's out there anyway.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the best complete midfielder today?

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:57 pm

In that account any b2b mid are most complete mid
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:17 am

I see what you're getting at Lupi, but you're going to lose this debate, brah.

If you're not going to believe the Vidal hype based only on CL performances, then you need to look at how he eviscerated our midfield this year and last year. Especially a couple of weeks ago. He did that against not 1, but 2 of the names in the above poll. For me, he is legit and I had zero problems voting for him.

Juve failed in Europe as a unit. That's on them as a team and not Vidal individually so singling out his performances in such a small number of matches vs his total contributions to the club on a whole is denial at best.

Pick your battles, mate.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:40 am

now Guarin for juve fans.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:37 am

Guarin is decent, he will suit us

But no, i'm not going to call him top class or anything near it unless he puts in the performances consistently over a long period of time.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:44 am

yes tom I know it you are objective
anyway I have already said, for me he is Vidal , no problems to say it. he will run also for Guarin to mend his mistakes  in field
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:46 am

Don't worry mate, 95% of what's said about Guarin from Juve fans will be to provoke Inter fans for the time being. Mostly because Guarin is trying so hard to push the move

Yeah, he's a good player. If he cuts down on his shooting and listens to Conte then he will be a good signing imo.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:48 am

Guarin is nowhere near complete. He's has great stamina and good finishing for a midfielder but other than that he's very limited. Definitely not better than Marchisio. I actually think that Inter are getting the better side of that deal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:52 am

I think from a footballing POV both clubs are benefiting

Inter get a quality forward, who is great at creating and this is something they clearly lack.

We get a 5th midfielder which we need, one who looks like he will suit our style of play.

From a financial standpoint however, no doubt we get the better deal. Vucinic's price was getting lower by the month, and he won't have any re-sale value in 2 years time.

If Guarin puts in a good showing and we sell him in say, 18 months time. We could gain 15-20M from a desperate club who have some cash to spare.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:01 am

Perhaps, I actually haven't read up on the figures involved. Just read the headlines.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:05 am

Looks like it will be finalised tomorrow

We're apparantly paying 2M euros + 1M possibly in bonuses.

We were going to sell Vucinic for 8-10M so this is definitely better for us. We took advantage of an unlikely situation and got the most we possibly could for Vucinic.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:10 am

yes,we had to get more money . About  the player , agreed too . Hardly he will ever be a top player (almost 28 , not so many margins of improvement honestly ) but he can be good and useful player surely. It is Almost the same thing for Marchisio (Marchisio is better than Guarin ,it is clear, but I think noone is shocked to see  Vidal Pirlo and Pogba in field than him)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:38 am

McLewis wrote:I see what you're getting at Lupi, but you're going to lose this debate, brah.

If you're not going to believe the Vidal hype based only on CL performances, then you need to look at how he eviscerated our midfield this year and last year. Especially a couple of weeks ago. He did that against not 1, but 2 of the names in the above poll. For me, he is legit and I had zero problems voting for him.

Juve failed in Europe as a unit. That's on them as a team and not Vidal individually so singling out his performances in such a small number of matches vs his total contributions to the club on a whole is denial at best.

Pick your battles, mate.

its the difference between system and anti system really , normally i don't have any problem with anti system,unless it gets really nasty . Its a system of its own but when its applied you cant really give credit to individuals for it and fortunately that gets you just as much as it got juve . apart from that you cant really win any argument against juventini , it usually ends as they think I am angry or mad at something or i cant take my team loss , its like its the first and last loss for my team or its jealousy ,well
i dont want my team to play that way ,even if that cause another loss tomorrow
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Lupi wrote:
McLewis wrote:I see what you're getting at Lupi, but you're going to lose this debate, brah.

Pick your battles, mate.

its the difference between system and anti system really , normally i don't have any problem with anti system,unless it gets really nasty . Its a system of its own but when its applied you cant really give credit to individuals for it and fortunately that gets you just as much as it got juve . apart from that you cant really win any argument against juventini , it usually ends as they think I am angry or mad at something or i cant take my team loss , its like its the first and last loss for my team or its jealousy ,well

If I threw my keyboard at a wall repeatedly and posted the resulting comment, it would make more sense than your posts.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Well, Javi Martinez has proven himself to be excellent in that lunatic sweeper role that Bielsa applied him into. His passing range whether in the defensive line or midfield is impressive especially considering the equal use of both his feet. Like Busquets, he uses his lack of balance and height to his advantage, often shielding and protecting the ball with some wonderful close control and dribbles. His shooting is accurate and powerful yet needs the eye of a true goalscorer. Athletically he is built well with aerial dominance, endurance impressive strength. Tactically he is almost perfect and shows an excellent eye for the pass even when he was deployed as an Attacking Midfielder within Bielsa's 3-3-1-3 in the absence of Ander.

Ramsey is not to say, less complete yet both players excel in areas not to far of each others mark. Such comparisons are frivolous considering difference in roles and tactical adjustments.

As for this debate, Vidal is indeed the most complete midfielder yet on paper it would be Danielle De Rossi for me. Nothing that man cannot do. If he improved his goal return, he would be the foremost complete midfielder.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Lupi wrote:

Pick your battles, mate.

If I threw my keyboard at a wall repeatedly and posted the resulting comment, it would make more sense than your posts.

to break my point to you as a juventini that mostly incapable of putting any argument of sort , i have to say when the team tactics are based to use strictly the weaknesses of opponent rather than utilizing its own strength when when the result comes its because of the other team weakness not ur team strength. To me Anti football is nothing to brag on but its ur choice
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Best goal difference in the league

11 goals in our last 3 games

Anti football

K m8
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4