Who is the best complete midfielder today?

+23
Donuts
Juveman17
Lupi
FilthyLuca
Highburied
Forza
El Gunner
Robespierre
Kaladin
the xcx
futbol
RealGunner
VanDeezNuts
M99
•MilanDevil•
ExtremistEnigma
harhar11
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
Valkyrja
Onyx
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who... ?

Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap49%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 49% 
[ 20 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 41

Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the best complete midfielder today?

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Busquets doesn't score enough to be considered a complete midfielder. His rate is worse than a defenders goal return.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the best complete midfielder today?

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:14 pm

They're more defensive minded players. Busquets can't really go B2B and he can't dribble unless it's in tight spaces, which is where he's one of the best. Martinez, same, he can't really dribble and he's not the best offensively.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:17 pm

People seem to underappreciate Vidal's technical ability, he's as comfortable on the ball as he is off it. He's not all goals and penalties. Which is partly the reason why his technical side sometimes goes unnoticed.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:24 pm

Sorry to say it .... but he is Vidal.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:41 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Complete has to mean good at everything, including occasionally scoring, being able to go B2B comfortably, good at dribbling etc.

Why? That's your own random criteria you just made up. The amount of goals Yaya provides after dribbling and being "B2B" doesn't make up for the amount of times City get overrun in midfield because he doesn't defend, doesn't track runners and lacks positional discipline.

McAgger wrote:Busquets doesn't score enough to be considered a complete midfielder. His rate is worse than a defenders goal return.

The amount of goals Barcelona score because of Busquets initiating attacks isn't reflected in any kind of statistic.

Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Busqu

Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Wi3mnd7f

There is a "DM" doing this and Botric thinks he shouldn't be even in the discussion because Fifa doesn't give him "long shots 91" and 4 out of 5 skill stars.

Jupp Heynckes last season: "Barcelona is the measure of all things. There, a certain Sergio Busquets plays. He is a genius of a player. He didn't dribble in his entire life. Why? Because you have to shift play, you have to combine. That's how Schweinsteiger does it. I'm glad that I have him. He is, together with Busquets, the best midfielder in the world."

This is why I prefer to troll in football forums rather than have proper discussions. Majority of people talk about footballers like Fifa players anyway. "Dribbling 86", "heading 91", "pace 88", "tackling 95".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:46 pm

McAgger wrote:Busquets doesn't score enough to be considered a complete midfielder. His rate is worse than a defenders goal return.
How is scoring an important attribute for a midfielder? We're talking about a complete midfielder, not a complete footballer. The things that matter are positional awareness, passing range, turnover, ability to move the ball in tight places, tracking back, distribution, vision, first touch, etc. Scoring and dribbling don't feature into it much, but I imagine that if Busquets played a more advanced role he would be quite good at it. I still remember the goal where he feinted a GK before shooting, dat instinct Proud

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:48 pm

The goal scoring traits are important not the scoring itself.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Arturo Vidal hands down. Was actually thinking exactly this when I watched the Juve - Roma game. And I thought to myself it just has to be Vidal. The guy can tackle, score goals, has good passing and vision and of course he just runs full speed 90mins per game.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Vidal is a monster.

Neverkusen  Sad 
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:05 am

futbol wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Complete has to mean good at everything, including occasionally scoring, being able to go B2B comfortably, good at dribbling etc.

Why? That's your own random criteria you just made up. The amount of goals Yaya provides after dribbling and being "B2B" doesn't make up for the amount of times City get overrun in midfield because he doesn't defend, doesn't track runners and lacks positional discipline.

The amount of goals Barcelona score because of Busquets initiating attacks isn't reflected in any kind of statistic.

There is a "DM" doing this and Botric thinks he shouldn't be even in the discussion because Fifa doesn't give him "long shots 91" and 4 out of 5 skill stars.

Jupp Heynckes last season: "Barcelona is the measure of all things. There, a certain Sergio Busquets plays. He is a genius of a player. He didn't dribble in his entire life. Why? Because you have to shift play, you have to combine. That's how Schweinsteiger does it. I'm glad that I have him. He is, together with Busquets, the best midfielder in the world."

This is why I prefer to troll in football forums rather than have proper discussions. Majority of people talk about footballers like Fifa players anyway. "Dribbling 86", "heading 91", "pace 88", "tackling 95".

Complete means good at everything. Busquets is the best DM in the World, but he isn't a complete midfielder. Busquets is a DM, which is why he doesn't get overrun. Having good long shots, dribbling etc is all part of being a complete midfielder.

Yes Busquets has to shift play, but so can other players. Being able to dribble is just another part of being complete.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 am

Modric, when you say dribbling, do you mean getting past players after players after players or the ability to just get past a player? because while Busquets isn't good at the former, he is absolutely brilliant at the latter, with or no space.

You will often see a player closing down Busquets, then Busquets will drag the ball backwards, do a little spin and the opposite players will wonder where Busquets is..

Last edited by harhar11 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 am

Both really. I do agree with Busquets being good at getting past a player. He's probably the best midfielder in the World at that doing that.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:23 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Both really. I do agree with Busquets being good at getting past a player. He's probably the best midfielder in the World at that doing that.

Although I might be nitpicking, but then, seeing as you said it yourself that he is good at getting past a player, would it not be more accurate to state that he does not have the speed to get past a couple of players in row, rather than him being a bad/average dribbler?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:35 am

Not sure really. A good dribbler is someone who directly runs at other players and gets past them. Busquets just sort of uses skill to get past a player.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:01 am

El Gunner wrote:Arturo Vidal hands down. Was actually thinking exactly this when I watched the Juve - Roma game. And I thought to myself it just has to be Vidal. The guy can tackle, score goals, has good passing and vision and of course he just runs full speed 90mins per game.

Basically this. Add in off the ball movement too. No one is as complete as he is.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 am

Whoever made this poll without Ramsey in it is an idiot.

My vote goes to Vidal.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:21 pm

futbol wrote:

no more random than the one you provided. in your cases "everything that qualifies my guy, is what makes a complete midfielder. whoa is me, why aren't people as knowledgeable as I am."

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:59 am

Xavier zanetti
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:44 am

Vidal by far
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:56 am

Who is the best complete midfielder today? - Page 2 Vidal
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:08 am

Pointless gif is pointless
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 am

why its from the beautiful game with a lot more to offer than explaining why he isnt complete and far from it
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:37 am

Laughing

Let the tears flow lupi you're safe here
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:42 am

hmm tears ? why tears ? oh i see tears because of getting outa CL fast or not understanding that a complete midfielders are game changers and vidal didn't seem to do it? or am i supposed to get all excited because he scored two pk against Copenhagen and hype him?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:48 am

Sure, ill cry at the fact that we are 8 points above your overrated team Laughing

Stay mad, bro
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:53 am

dont make me laugh , given points don't count as real to me
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next