Freeza
rwo power
Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
McLewis
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

F1 Legend Michael Schumacher slowly recovering Empty F1 Legend Michael Schumacher slowly recovering

Post by McLewis Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:27 am

He hit his head on a rock, required immediate brain surgery and is now in a coma.

Unbelievable stuff honestly.

Thoughts are with his family.

Full story here - http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/29/sport/motorsport/michael-schumacher-skiing-f1-motorsport/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

F1 Legend Michael Schumacher slowly recovering Empty Re: F1 Legend Michael Schumacher slowly recovering

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:36 am

Hope he is fine. Damn that sounds bad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

F1 Legend Michael Schumacher slowly recovering Empty Re: F1 Legend Michael Schumacher slowly recovering

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:43 am

Oh wow

I used to like F1 when I was young and he was my favourite racer by a mile

I hope he will be ok.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:43 am

German news reported he was in an area between a blue (easy) and red (medium difficulty) piste with his son where a technical problem (otherwise unspecified) caused him to fall and hit his head against a stone. Despite wearing a helmet, he got a severe head trauma.

The helpers arrived 2 minutes later and could still talk with him. 15 minutes after the accident, he was flown with a heli to a near-by hospital where he underwent an MRT of his brain, after which he was flown further to a specialized hospital in Grenoble. There he apparently underwent surgery as he had fallen into a coma.

It is believed that he suffered a slow brain hemorrhaging. As of now his family is with him at the hospital and there is no further news other than that he is in critical condition.

I hope he will recover fast and fully!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:48 am

Hope he is well, my friend had an accident like this. Fell onto his head on our school's skiing trip. Broke his back, luckily he woke up from the coma without any paralyzation. So I have hopes for Michael Schumacher, hope he gets well.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:14 am

Been such a bad weekend in sporting results (loss to City and Chelsea) and now the critical injury of one of my all-time idols in motorsport. Prayed ever since I've heard this news as I cannot undertake the devastation that will be caused if he passes away.

Problem with brain injuries are the unpredictable oedemas and swellings to which cannot be predicted based on its structure.

Please get well soon, Schumi.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:32 am

Oh shit. This so shitty. I don't watch Formula 1 anymore and I stopped around the time he retired. Thoughts are with his family. Please let him survive.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:20 am

I just saw the PK of the doctors in Grenoble - it doesn't sound too good. Apparently there has been a direct bruising of the brain due to the fall and Michael Schumacher's condition hasn't changed. Right now he is lying in an induced coma and his body temperature is artificially lowered (a modern standard procedure for patients with brain hemorrhaging) to try and prevent further damage. The doctors cannot give any prognosis at the moment; they have to monitor how things progress.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:31 am

Sounds like he's had it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:44 pm

schocking ... I grew up with him to the Ferrari
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:44 am

In today's press conference, the doctors stated that Michael Schumacher is still in critical state, albeit there was a slight improvement.

Yesterday evening his condition improved far enough that they could risk taking him out of the ICU for an additional scan where they could get some better pictures that allowed them to do a second surgery where a larger haematoma could be removed. Unfortunately there seem to be further lesions and smaller haematomas in regions that can't be easily operated, so the current procedure is close monitoring, keeping him in induced coma and waiting for the body to recover.

Finally the doctors asked the press not to ask for separate interviews all the time as they have more patients who also need to be given similar care and they would like to continue working in their job. They will give another press conference if there is a change in his condition.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:25 pm

was my favourite driver as many when growing up

get better Michael!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:17 am

Yeah, he was my favorite driver growing up, really sad to see this happen. Hoping he pulls through and is capable of a somewhat normal life.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:52 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc6VV95CcAIpKh4.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Bendtner's abs can cure anything imo
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Early in the morning the other day I read about him being in a skiing accident, but he was supposedly ok. Later that same day I read that he was in critical condition. Was so gutted.

I mean, he was literally the sole reason I started watching F1 in 2004.

Hope he pulls through.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc6VV95CcAIpKh4.jpg

lol, why the hell three of them had to go shirtless? Especially Koscielny with his pants open like that, wtf man xD
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:36 am

i really hope he pulls through. schumacher is a fighter all his life.
i still cant believe what happened to him. really a strong character.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:53 am

So, does anyone know what's the latest information on him?

This morning a Finnish neurosurgeon, when asked about his evaluation of the situation, said that he is starting to find it unlikely that Schumacher would retain conciousness even if his medication that's keeping him in coma is discontinued and that a return to normal life starts looking nearly impossible. He hasn't got any inside information, though, just gave his opinion from his experience with similar situations.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:So, does anyone know what's the latest information on him?

This morning a Finnish neurosurgeon, when asked about his evaluation of the situation, said that he is starting to find it unlikely that Schumacher would retain conciousness even if his medication that's keeping him in coma is discontinued and that a return to normal life starts looking nearly impossible. He hasn't got any inside information, though, just gave his opinion from his experience with similar situations.

Yeah, Most doctors i asked said only a miracle saves people in this situation. They have rarely seen anyone come out of these situations alive.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Sad 
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:24 am

Last I heard 3 hours ago was that they didn't expect him to ever come out of the coma. So sad...
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Michael Schumacher showing 'moments of consciousness and awakening'

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-michael-schumacher-consciousness-20140404,0,4229836.story
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Good news Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Michael Schumacher came out of coma & even recognised his wife says his agent Sabine Kem to RTL Television
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next