the xcx
Kaladin
RedOranje
30 posters

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Destiny - Page 4 Empty Re: Destiny

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:18 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:I've been seen first and I don't die first.
It's about the aim just like halo. You get those headshots and maneuver around your surroundings and you'll be fine.

worst gameplay? You serious.
The entire game was being praised left and right people enjoyed playing this game with comments like "bungie is back" etc Etc

Playing this game I never once got a feeling I was playing COD. I'm really not sure how you did.

Let me detail for you the problems Destiny MP has. Destiny feels very imprecise, I have no idea, when I'm shooting someone, whether or not I'm going to get a headshot. This is in part due to the very random Reach esque bloom on the weapons. And also due to the aiming system. The hip fire reticule is far too large and inaccurate to consistently land headshots at any distance other than close quarters. Then the ads scopes cover where you're aiming with a red dot sight. This is okay for mid range (although good luck getting a headshot after your first shot due to the random recoil / spread) however it makes headshots unnecessarily luck based at long distances.

In Halo, I know when I'm going to get a headshot and when I'm not. I know that when I miss a headshot it's my fault and not due to random spread. The basic gunplay is far more precise than Destiny for this reason and others.

I also feel destiny is quite spammy. Mostly because of the prevalence of full auto weapons which are capable at mid to long range.

Another issue I have which plays into the same problem as above is that you have these traversal mechanisms which initially seem great. However I quickly discovered that you cannot accurately shoot whilst in the air due to bloom/spread! You have no accuracy in the air and as such completely grounds you in firefights. Instead of being able to take advantage of new navigational routes or use vertical movement as a means of dodging / evading fire in a shootout, you are forced to stay attached to you ground. Or else you will be an open target who can't shoot properly. It really helps makes the combat feel dull.

Another problem I have is the lack of any information which tells you how much health your opponents have. In Halo I know that after 4 body shots and a headshot my opponent will be dead. Obviously I've been playing Halo a long time however even the most inexperienced player will know that after a shield pop only one headshot is required to kill the other spartan. It's also easy to identify an unshielded player. In Destiny I have no idea whether this shot or the next will kill the player (I also have no idea whether these shots are guaranteed to be headshots) and there's nothing telling me this info. This really ties in to the problem of making the combat feel spammy and imprecise. In destiny I'm going to keep firing bullets at this guy until he hits the ground. In halo in going to fire 4 into the chest they sweep up for the 5th, then I can move on to his friend.

This also links to the issue that the TTK is far too low. 90% of the time the person who shot first will win. Get into a fight with more than one player? You're basically guaranteed to die unless they suck and can't aim. So few shots are required to die that I feel the majority of my deaths are caused by players I don't even see. Whether they be behind me or off in the distance hiding against the background which in many places makes the players almost indistinguishable from the scenery. In Halo if I'm shot in the back I have the chance to turn around and react. Shooting first at someone from behind is not a guaranteed kill. And as such the skill gap on halo is automatically higher. The low TTK also makes getting kills extremely unsatisfying.

All this combines to make the basic combat unsatisfying and frustrating for me. Then you have all the other issues. One hit guaranteed kills with supers where the opponent has no way of reacting or countering, spawning with one hit kill shotguns and snipers, OP weapons that you can only actually find through blind luck, stupid regenerating grenade mechanics etc.

There's more problems that I can't be bothered to list or go into detail about but that's the majority of them.

TL;DR: Halo is a more precise shooter with a much higher skill ceiling that relies on accuracy and headshots rather than one hit kill golden guns.

TL;DR2: They took all the problems with Halo Reach and removed everything which made it good.

And no, the entire game was NOT praised left and right, the PvE was, and it's good, but I have problems with it too, which I will go into later, but the PvP was widely criticised and rightly so, it's garbage. I would like to know who has said that "Bungie is back", because if by "back" they mean Halo:Reach MP levels, then Destiny is doomed. Also, how you don't see it's more COD than Halo is beyond me. The OHKO melee, the more traditional feeling rifles/shotguns/LMGs and not the plasma/dual-weilding/sticky-nades that's in Halo etc. The only similarity between Destiny and traditional Halo is the developer.

PvE wise, the game isn't really fun solo, something I expected considering the genre, but eh. The AI when you're by yourself is incredibly gamey, with a few instances where I was actually close to dying from enemies that were rushing into me, so I just ran away down the stairs, and they had a very hard limit of what to cross and just stopped, stared at me, and walked away. You can play really passively and exploit this kind of stuff, and the sniper is CRAZY powerful considering they don't really aggro at you and run around like a headless chicken.

Co-op naturally alleviates a lot of this as there's no reason to play so wimpy, but there's still pretty predictable behavior where I can line up a headshot because I know they're going to keep peeking out from the wall, so it's at its best when the game decides to swarm you making it hard to focus on specific threats. The final story mission fight is a lot of fun because of this.

As much as I like the UI it also doesn't explain much. The leveling screen is literally just circles filling up and I don't know what is actually contributing to that. It's hard to notice when I'm picking up ammo, and even loot at times, not to mention the loot itself is fairly sparse. It also seems weird to me compared to other genres that when I downed the spider mech I didn't see loot flying out of its corpse.

Also the way PvP gives out loot is totally dumb, I know it wants to make it so even people who aren't great get some love, but they need to change something about it. Some minor tweaks there for the full game would do a lot of good.

LeVersacci wrote:Only seen him bashing the game & keep repeating that Titanfall is better.

Basically the console version of Phritz.

Every else i've seen nothing but praise to the game.

Bashing the game? Bruv, as primarily an FPS player, I've come to expect certain standards from the games in my favourite genre. You see, unlike fans of certain other genre's, like platforming, stealth, horror etc, I actually have an over abundance of games that I can choose to play, which means that I can easily filter out the garbage. So yes, I will be more stringent on judging the FPS games that I have interest in, because I know if the game does not meet my standards then I can go and play something better, I have no time to be playing shitty FPS games. Mind you, I'm not calling Destiny a shitty FPS, except in regards of it's PvP, I'm talking in more general terms.

The only aspect of Destiny that I ever compare to Titanfall is it's PvP, which is vastly inferior to the product that Respawn have produced, but then, the Respawn team did make COD4, so it's no surprise. The two games cannot be compared otherwise. If you want a game to compare Destiny to then Borderlands and Fallout are your best bets, or even my beloved, but now deceased, Hellgate:London. RIP sweet Prince.

Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:48 pm

I could pretty consistently get headshots on both NPCs and PCs in the game matches, so I can't agree that it's "imprecise" or difficult to tell whether each round would deal regular or precision damage.

The mobility throughout levels is far too fluid and varied to be compared to any COD or Battlefield game I've played. The ability to move over, around, or under most obstacles means there are very few chokepoints that those games tend to rely on and the class abilities and weapons meant that just about each encounter was new and unpredictable, especially in PvP whereas in COD games you could pretty much find a pattern and stick to it.

I'm not sure exactly what you went into this game expecting, but that post reads a bit like someone WANTING to dislike the game and suffering from a bad-case of confirmation bias, tbh.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:34 am

Some Destiny Limited Edition Preorders [From Best Buy] Canceled Due To High Demand

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/some-destiny-limited-edition-preorders-canceled-du/1100-6421561/
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:55 am

Only 3 weeks until release.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:43 pm

So who is getting Destiny straight away?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Might get it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:45 pm

I've pre-ordered it already.

Looking forward to the access to the Vanguard armory.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Just checked release date, coming out sooner that I thought it would, 9th September. Thought it was released around October.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:50 pm

I am going see if there is a bundle that has PS4 and Destiny + FIFA15.

My priority is FIFA but Destiny will/should be my 2nd game to get. So might not be straight away.

Tom, Firenze?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Getting FIFA and dedicating time to it ASAP

Destiny i'll get but not until i've had a good share of FIFA.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 pm

Everytime the word destiny's mentioned it reminds me of Del Rio. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Every time pls go it pls

go
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:35 pm

My first PS4 game next month Proud

Gonna sell my PS3 + my games tomorrow :MT:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:12 pm

so within the next 6 weeks i'll be buying Madden, Destiny, NHL 15, FIFA 15.....RIP bank account

all on the superior xbox one of course :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:13 pm

Got a friend who sent me the first semester books to me on dropbox Proud

€268 saved ffs Proud

My body is ready for PS4 Molenation
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:26 pm

Books Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Haven't read a book since Harry Potter Molenation
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:28 pm

UK lads

Playstation 4 Console Destiny Bundle for £330 on gamestop
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:29 pm

How much is a ps4 and controller from there?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:31 pm

That's a good price.

Mail me one MT.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:32 pm

€463 for PS4 Destiny bundle here >.<
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Haven't read a book since Harry Potter Molenation

Destiny - Page 4 C8a
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:37 pm

looooooooool I can get €108 for my PS3 at my local store rofl

Gonna do it tomorrow
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:38 pm

RealGunner wrote:UK lads

Playstation 4 Console Destiny Bundle for £130 on gamestop

Pls? hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:How much is a ps4 and controller from there?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:11 am

might sell my PS4 and get the white Destiny one tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine