Benzema vs. Fabregas

+22
McAgger
Pedram
izzy
Zealous
Hawky
moutinho98
chad4401
Mr Nick09
danyjr
Valkyrja
FennecFox7
the xcx
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
Donuts
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
M99
Kaladin
halamadrid2
Onyx
futbol
26 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Well i disagree on one part.. yeah ronaldo doesnt play good defense, but he finds an open man more often then not these days..
And lets not forget his scoring impact.. thats enough alone to keep him on.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 7411
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:36 pm

That's what Bayern has gotten past...  1 man dependence.  A couple of years ago, Robben and Ribery set their competition aside and decided to do everything to make the team the best it could be.

With CR7 at Madrid right now, our ceiling will never be as high as Barca or Bayern because he's too selfish.  I don't see that changing either.

I don't question CR7's individual brilliance.  But i absolutely question his selfishness allowing Madrid to reach the truly top levels.  We won't in fact unless he changes.  He's actually getting worse and worse this year tbh.  Less of a team player if that's possible lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20765
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:09 pm

If there's something that keeps us from success is Benzema.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Yeah, Benzema...not the selfish play/big game floppage from the superstar, nor the questionable midfield or even that brainfart backline minus Varane....its Benzema.

Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, Benzema...not the selfish play/big game floppage from the superstar, nor the questionable midfield or even that brainfart backline minus Varane....its Benzema.

Laughing

are you stucked in 2010 ? Laughing

btw, the midfield isn't questionable anymore

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by danyjr Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:26 pm

This is off-topic but I'm just happy Higuaín has got more goals and assists than Benzema already while playing for a team that's scored 30% fewer than Madrid.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 8394
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Higuain has 13 goals and 6 assists while being the primary scorer (allegedly) for Napoli. Benz has 10 goals and 8 assists while being the 3rd choice option on the attack... yet that makes you happy and proves what :lol:that Higuain is completely average and incapable of being the leader of an attack LaughingLaughing

Cavani had over 20 goals at this point last year for Napoli Laughing They were in 2nd place and within striking distance of Juve too despite having less overall talent tha this year next to Cavani Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20765
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by danyjr Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:14 pm

brb Benzema is a striker for Madrid just like Pipita is for Napoli. None of this primary, secondary, tertiary attacker bs.

brb Higuaín was also injured for part of the season.

brb Higuaín playing in adapting to a new country, new league, new team.

brb Higuaín has scored 9 for Argentina in World Cup qualifiers. Benzema has scored 2, as much as Sakho. I guess Sakho with 2 goals is France's "primary" attacker Proud
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 8394
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:28 pm

brb that CR7 and Bale are the strikers for Madrid and Benz plays as a provider for them in the 9,5 role and only shoots 2.5 times a game.

brb that Benz has started 20 games and subbed in 3 while Higuain has started 19 games and subbed in 2.

brb that Serie A is far slower and less technical than La Liga, which plays perfectly into Higuain's game... not to mention that Napoli's attack is geared to get Higuain to score.

brb that Euro qualifying group for France was one with Spain and France doesn't have Messi and is nowhere near as good as Argentina NT  in terms of talent... yet Benz scored 2 goals in his last 2 NT starts to get France qualified.

brb that Benz had bursitis in his right knee from Dec to June of last year that required surgery, yet he played hurt.

brb that Benz didn't go cry to mommy because of competition and ask to be sold.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20765
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:36 pm

brb that Benz does NOT shoot PKs and Higuain does for Napoli... so Benz actually has more goals from open play i believe lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20765
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:37 pm

sportsczy wrote:brb that CR7 and Bale are the strikers for Madrid and Benz plays as a provider for them in the 9,5 role and only shoots 2.5 times a game.

brb that Benz has started 20 games and subbed in 3 while Higuain has started 19 games and subbed in 2.

brb that Serie A is far slower and less technical than La Liga, which plays perfectly into Higuain's game... not to mention that Napoli's attack is geared to get Higuain to score.

brb that Euro qualifying group for France was one with Spain and France doesn't have Messi and is nowhere near as good as Argentina NT  in terms of talent... yet Benz scored 2 goals in his last 2 NT starts to get France qualified.

brb that Benz had bursitis in his right knee from Dec to June of last year that required surgery, yet he played hurt.

brb that Benz didn't go cry to mommy because of competition and ask to be sold.

probably because he knew that Perez liked him more than Higuain or because he's Zidane's little boy ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:51 pm

As I predicted, this has become an troll thread.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by Donuts Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:50 am

Sports bias never ceases to please me Razz
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:28 am

sportsczy wrote:brb that CR7 and Bale are the strikers for Madrid and Benz plays as a provider for them in the 9,5 role and only shoots 2.5 times a game.
dont deceive people Sports, you damn well know that Benzema plays the same way regardless of who he has around lol. It just so happens that both Bale and CR enable him even more.

When he plays with Ribery and Valbuena with France, he still tries to be the provider, and to play short one twos.

He cant really do anything else consistently and effectively.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by chad4401 Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:15 am

I like how you guys act like rooney and higuain was scoring week in and out with cr and benz is the expection, typical GL only seeing what they want to see to push a point
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4620
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:26 am

well if the argument that Benzema wasn't playing well due to the rotation with Higuain was used to defend Benzema, can't it work the other way around?

Only problem is, Neither have that excuse anymore and now Higuain has outperformed Benzema.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:50 am

there is a conspiracy against the new platini ffs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:09 am

danyjr wrote:This is off-topic but I'm just happy Higuaín has got more goals and assists than Benzema already while playing for a team that's scored 30% fewer than Madrid.
Not all that impressive considering Higuain is shooting pens now and Benz is not.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27937
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by futbol Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:32 am

This thread. rofl Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11243
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by chad4401 Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:07 am

If benzema leaves any team he goes he will be the main guy, then he can get the judgement he deserve or carlo gives him shooting license too
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4620
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by chad4401 Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:18 am

vanDEEZ wrote:well if the argument that Benzema wasn't playing well due to the rotation with Higuain was used to defend Benzema, can't it work the other way around?

Only problem is, Neither have that excuse anymore and now Higuain has outperformed Benzema.

still waiting for the break season Rooney and Higuain had playing with CR
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4620
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:17 am

So it's Ronaldo's fault again, really?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:21 am

this about comparing Benz to Cesc... so let's stick with that.  The Higuain comparisons are old and, frankly, irrelevant now.  

As far as the Cesc comparison... i'll repeat again:  Both Cesc and Benz are tying to fit into roles where they are the 3rd or 4th option.  At Barca, it's Messi, Neymar, Iniesta and the Cesc in terms of who gets the ball.  At Madrid, it's CR7, Bale and then either Isco or Benz.

So really, i'm not sure you can benchmark either against a player or a position on other teams because their responsibilities are unique.  They just try to play whatever holes the Barca/Madrid superstars are leaving open... that's their job.

Given how different Barca and Madrid play tactically, comparing them to each other is not appropriate either.

For Benz right now... i think once Carlo FINALLY settles on a system, we can then start to truly evaluate him and the other Madrid players tbh.  Right now, we're changing systems every month lol. He was poor in the 4222 for a variety of reason, great in a 433 and again slow now that we're back to a 4222.

As far as CR7, he a pathetic self-serving shemale and there's nothing more to say there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20765
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:26 am

vanDEEZ wrote:So it's Ronaldo's fault again, really?
 Since he can't play on a player (both Benz and Isco) with a simple pass to get him to a one-on-one... and rather decides to take a wild shot with a defender in front of him...  yes, it's about CR7 being an arsehole.  Until he actually stops being the selfish prick that he is and does what's right for the team AND we continue to win nothing, it will always be about this. Being selfish once in while... sure. But when you're egregiously selfish ALL THE TIME, then it's on you.

You want all the glory, then you should accept all the criticism.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20765
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:11 pm

before it was because of higuain, and then it was because of ronaldo, and now it's because of system changes. It's never his fault that Benzema is being inconsistent or cant score goals in la liga. The blame always is on others.

i have rusbished that theory of system change before, not that significant of a change, not for a player that plays virtually all games, with a group of guys that he has known for almost 4 years now.

Benzema's forwards movements are horrible, almost non existent. Can hardly make a run, play with his back at the goal, run off the shoulder of defenders, lose his markers in the box etc... he is awful at skills traditional forward use to score. But he is good at being a 9.75 lol, when he has Bale and CR as overlord ready to do the heavy lifting for him, he can just hang back and play side passes to them, very good and quality side passes tho.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:19 pm

you see, i personally never had a problem with Benzema or Higuain.  I preferred Benz over Higuain stylistically... but that was a personal choice.  As far as play went, i thought they both did everything they could given the circumstances they were given.

i never blamed them for our issues because they managed to combine for 40-60+ goals the 2 seasons they were both healthy and playing while being 20+% efficient.  Combined for 10-20+ assists from the CF position too.  To me, that was unbelievable output given that they weren't the primary goalscorers ever. At least the CF position was the secondary scoring one with Benguain. With BBC, the CF spot has dropped to the third scoring option.

The blame game on our CFs is something you and other Madrid fans liked to play because it was convenient... it had no basis in fact.  I always, always blamed CR7's selfishness and the managers who cultivated this selfishness to the detriment of overall team performance.

I also felt that our midfield meh-ness and defensive inconsistencies were the other issues along with the system-driven CR7 dependence.

My criticism has been consistent...  which is why i'm disappointed in Carlo.  He's allowing these failures to continue when he had the chance to address them as the new manager.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 20765
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Benzema vs. Fabregas - Page 2 Empty Re: Benzema vs. Fabregas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum