djfawnz
ExtremistEnigma
Kamikaze692
LeBéninois
Knutsford123
46 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should Spurs call time on AVB? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Spurs call time on AVB?

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:24 am

There's no point in sacking AVB now. Wait till the results at the end of the season.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Should Spurs call time on AVB? - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Spurs call time on AVB?

Post by Robespierre Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:47 am

probably it is because of my talian mentality and not English rofl , but this Tottenham suffers even with Hull City at WHL, and AVB is Spurs Coach by 2 years , where are the progresses?

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:47 am

You guys should read this article posted by Shed at the Chelsea section:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2513987/Andre-Villas-Boas-best-thing--elses-fault--MARTIN-SAMUEL.html

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:59 am

Hope they don't sack him. Let him demoralize players more and drop more points and then after we destroy them 6-0 at WHL in 2.5 weeks, they can sack this clown Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:01 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Hope they don't sack him. Let him demoralize players more and drop more points and then after we destroy them 6-0 at WHL in 2.5 weeks, they can sack this clown Proud
Good mentality drinking

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:02 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Hope they don't sack him. Let him demoralize players more and drop more points and then after we destroy them 6-0 at WHL in 2.5 weeks, they can sack this clown Proud
infact ... even Downing played very well against AVB's defence ...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:04 am

Robespierre wrote:
infact ... even Downing played very well against AVB's defence ...
DOWNING, SCORED against these !!!!!! Proud

I miss Stu :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:11 am

While it's still a product of AVB not having a set starting XI, we saw against City that this team still has little to no chemistry.

The only players I really saw trying to do anything in terms of anticipating the moves of their teammates were Lamela, Walker, and Dembele. However, instead of anticipating what these players were trying to create the receiving player often made the wrong move resulting in a loss of possession.

This is where I think we get in trouble, with so many squad changes, and with a constantly changing starting XI, no matter what AVB is trying to implement in terms of tactics (good or bad) there is no way this team will develop the chemistry needed to succeed in the final third.

This is my chief complaint about Soldado up to this point, even though he's getting limited service, he's still not making the anticipatory runs expected of a player of his caliber.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:31 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:It's too soon for Spurs to change managers, in my opinion. While they have their problems, they are a team in transition and getting into the top four this season was always going to be difficult, even if they did have a settled squad. Yet, there are still 26 games left and as Arsenal have proven, it's very much possible to recover from a poor first half of the season and finish in the top four.

Patience can go a long way. Give the manager a chance to sort things out, and give the new players a chance to settle and then see whether Villas-Boas is suitable or not.
Important to remember that even after a couple acquisitions last season, it took a while for AVB's team to get going. Of course he was new then as well, but with as many players coming in as Tottenham have had, it's a valid point nonetheless. Yeah that point starts to go moot as you get farther in the season, but it's still a valid point at this period in the season yet.

Anyway, I'd be interested if anybody could find how Tottenham are doing results wise compared to the same fixtures last season. As much as it may seem crazy, I'm pretty sure Tottenham are either level or + a couple points for the corresponding fixtures.

That doesn't mean he hasn't been crap this season, which he mostly has been.

This is the best post I've seen yet, though I have largely ignored this thread since the 6-0 because I knew it would be a bunch of knee-jerking.

It's all about patience. Give him to the end of the season and if Tottenham don't finish top 4, I won't oppose his sacking. Even if you're not a believer in patience... is there anyone better out there right now?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:23 am

All they need is someone who can score. That's the problem, not AVB.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:30 am

And stop conceding 3 goals to the likes of West Ham lol
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 am

iftikhar wrote:All they need is someone who can score. That's the problem, not AVB.
You sound like AVB. :coffee:
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:25 am

If AVB is to get sacked, it should be right now. No point waiting for the players to adapt to AVB for a full season if he's going to get the boot at the end of it. It'll put the club in a worst position.

And to be totally honest, there's nothing wrong with AVB. He essentially bought a new squad with players adapting to life in England and he's creating a system rather than building the team around one player, which is a good thing.

FFS. Looking at the table only to find out he's only 2 points out of the top 4. Settle, eh.

Robespierre wrote:If I was Spurs I would hope to see sacked Andre Villas Boas
He is a bluff  ... last year Tottenham was " ball to Bale" , this year we've seenthe limits without the Welsh ... and
although Bale ( POTY ) they did not qualify in CL preceded by the worst Arsenal of Wenger

.....but who in his place?
I'm certain you're a Liverpool fan. So my question to you is would you be saying the same thing about Rodgers if Suarez was sold in the summer? hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:36 am

That article on AVB is great. Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:05 am

I dont think he should be sacked yet, but the three rounds that are played between the next two weekends will probably decide whether he has future at Tottenham or not.

ManU (h)
Fulham (a)
Sunderland (a)

Two wins should save his job.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Red Alert wrote:I'm certain you're a Liverpool fan. So my question to you is would you be saying the same thing about Rodgers if Suarez was sold in the summer? hmm
No I am an Inter fan .

I don't think it is same thing ... Liverpool has had always a game idea regardless Suarez , then  of course Suarez is the difference maker and he  makes the leap
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:57 pm

You guys are fickle lol. Prior to the City game, Spurs only conceded 6 goals. And they are ultimately only 3-4 points behind their target of making it into the top 4. Their lack of goals from open play is concerning, but they still have options in Adebayor (yes laugh at me , but there is no denying that he is nearly unplayable when he bothers to show up). If they go all out for someone like Benteke during January or next summer, I can see them making a 7-8 games unbeaten run.

Obviously I am not a fan of Spurs, but I would like to see up and coming managers make their mark in the league. It took BR nearly a year and a half to get LFC going... so why not give AVB similar amount of time. Heck, you may as well say that the is dealing with a brand new team.

PS: If I am not mistaken, didn't old man Redknapp also lose to Man City by 5 goals?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:PS: If I am not mistaken, didn't old man Redknapp also lose to Man City by 5 goals?
Old man Redknapp also finished in the Top 4 (twice?). Interesting, I thought Levy brought AVB to move the club forward and to have a direction...I don't see what direction Tottenham have now though.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:41 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
Arsenalfaithfull wrote:PS: If I am not mistaken, didn't old man Redknapp also lose to Man City by 5 goals?
Old man Redknapp also finished in the Top 4 (twice?). Interesting, I thought Levy brought AVB to move the club forward and to have a direction...I don't see what direction Tottenham have now though.
It's amusing indeed that if AVB gets sacked it also basically states that Levy was wrong to sack Redknapp. I believe the general consensus so far has been - not just here - that Levy was more or less right to replace Harry with AVB.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:44 pm

But spurs sneaking into top 4 under Harry was as much to do with Chelsea and City not performing upto standards. Under AVB last year they had their highest tally in points ever. They were 7 pts away from finishing 2nd.

Spurs as a team performed better than they had under any manager in the PL era.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:But spurs sneaking into top 4 under Harry was as much to do with Chelsea and City not performing upto standards. Under AVB last year they had their highest  tally in points ever. They were 7 pts away from finishing 2nd.

However, when you've got upwards of £100m to spend in one summer solely thanks to one key player departing and getting most of your transfer targets, too, you are expected to be doing better than their first third of the season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Art Morte wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
It's amusing indeed that if AVB gets sacked it also basically states that Levy was wrong to sack Redknapp. I believe the general consensus so far has been - not just here - that Levy was more or less right to replace Harry with AVB.
How?

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:But spurs sneaking into top 4 under Harry was as much to do with Chelsea and City not performing upto standards. Under AVB last year they had their highest  tally in points ever. They were 7 pts away from finishing 2nd.

What an incredible achievement. Two, freaking two points more than their previous best record. Who cares about playing in CL ffs when you have recorded your highest points tally in PL. :bow:

ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:26 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:Old man Redknapp also finished in the Top 4 (twice?). Interesting, I thought Levy brought AVB to move the club forward and to have a direction...I don't see what direction Tottenham have now though.
How?
Harry's stock was falling with Tottenham's collapse in the later stages of that season. Sure it was a surprise sacking, but I just got the feeling that most thought that it was a bold but good move by Levy to secure AVB, a younger, better, more creative manager with greater potential who had been mistreated by Chelsea. There was surprise at Redknapp's sacking but no outrage; it was seen as a highly unexpected move but one that seemed to strengthen Levy's reputation as a great CEO who isn't afraid to shake things up big time.

Now all that seems to be backfiring.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Harry has got QPR 3rd in the f*cking championship ffs lmao.

The man is only good for bankrupting clubs, nothing more a scrub whose name should not be mentioned anymore.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Harry has got QPR 3rd in the f*cking championship ffs lmao.

The man is only good for bankrupting clubs, nothing more a scrub whose name should not be mentioned anymore.
Are you still angry about the fact that he once publicly mentioned Ba's cheap release clause?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Mole has been riding AVB's d*ck for the longest time.

He even said AVB is more promising than Klopp back in 2011 Laughing

and who are we kidding. It's in Newcastle's best interest that AVB stays. more chance of Pardiola (a man Mole ironically thinks deserves the SACK Laughing )guiding Newcastle to European spots.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next