LeBéninois
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tell your children, avoid alcohol - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell your children, avoid alcohol

Post by LeBéninois Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Lukaku Laughing

Adriano was not only about strength, he was a very good technically too. One of the best left-foots in history, Bale reminds me of his shooting style.
Exactly ... No way Lukaku gets to Adriano's level technically speaking imo.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Tell your children, avoid alcohol - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell your children, avoid alcohol

Post by Gil Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Adriano very good technically Laughing

In what league? He was no Ronaldo, Messi or even Cristiano so let's not revise history now.

He was all about power, strength, pace & had one of the most ferocious shots of all time.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:33 pm

McAgger wrote:I thought Balotelli would become something close to resembling Adriano as he has the built and strength to along with the technique and power. But for some reason Balo has stagnated hardcore atm.
Balotelli doensn't roam enough imo. If so , he should have been in a lot of 1 vs 1 and would have used his dribbles skills more.
He plays really close to the goal. At Inter he was more versatile imo , could play on the wings and all. Now sometimes he play like a poacher .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:33 pm

He wasn't Lukaku neither Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Gil wrote:Adriano very good technically Laughing

In what league? He was no Ronaldo, Messi or even Cristiano so let's not revise history now.

He was all about power, strength, pace & had one of the most ferocious shots of all time.
Technically better than Drogba, Lukaku and the likes for sure. That being said , he wasn't like the genius you named of course. But he was technically good enough to hold the ball upfront.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:36 pm

He wasn't better than Drogba technically. Wtf. Laughing

Like Adriano, Lukaku is a donkey technically while Drogba was one of the best the PL has seen. He's only been gone from the PL for just over a year mate. Wow.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Gil wrote:He wasn't better than Drogba technically. Wtf. Laughing

Like Adriano, Lukaku is a donkey technically while Drogba was one of the best the PL has seen. He's only been gone from the PL for just over a year mate. Wow.
drogba one of the best what? striker or technically gifted player the epl has seen?

if it's the latter then that's a laughable statement mate
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Gil you are simply making an ass of yourself right now. Drogba on of the most thecnically gifted players PL has seen LOOOOOOOOOL rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Gil has always raved about Drogba's technique for some reason Laughing

The way he talks about Drogba's technique and this isn't the first time you'd think he was Ibra or Berba like lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:01 pm

flameas wrote:On the otherhand.. you only live once. So you can either eat, drink and do what you want or try live healthy so you could live a little bit longer. Or combine both.
Moderation young grasshopper... that's the key to life in most things. I like a glass of wine with dinner, but i only drink one glass. When i go out, i go for a beer or a bourbon... but only one.

If you feel like you need two, then it's time to stop. That's how i look at it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:03 pm

I always rave about it because you see Drogba control the ball from the air perfectly and commentators would go on about how much strength and pace it took to do it.

Drogba was very good technically. A lot of fans think he was basically Heskey, Benteke, Giroud or a lot of these big and burly battering ram strikers when he in fact had far more to his game than those sort of players.

He isn't as good as Ibra but he's definitely in Berba's league.

Last edited by Gil on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:05 pm

He was good Gil, but not even close to one of the most gifted technically to ever play in PL. Why exaggerate to such extent?

For me there is Bergkamp and then there's everyone else.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Just deleted my last post. This thread is about Adriano, not Drogba carry on lads.

When I have the time sometime in the next year or so. I'll make a 20 minute video solely about Didier's technique and post it whenever this discussion comes up.

Last edited by Gil on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Dude we're talking about technically not who is better overall. Why change the subject?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Gil wrote:I always rave about it because you see Drogba control the ball from the air perfectly and commentators would go on about how much strength and pace it took to do it.

Drogba was very good technically. A lot of fans think he was basically Heskey, Benteke, Giroud or a lot of these big and burly battering ram strikers when he in fact had far more to his game than those sort of players.

He isn't as good as Ibra but he's definitely in Berba's league.
rofl

you must be drinking something very strong, and this is a no drinking thread Laughing

let me help you, Drogba is closer to Giroud than he is of Berbatov
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Avoid alcohol rofl

Nah im good
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:09 am

McAgger wrote:I thought Balotelli would become something close to resembling Adriano as he has the built and strength to along with the technique and power. But for some reason Balo has stagnated hardcore atm.
I didn't know 2 games without scoring = stagnated hardcore, especially considering the 3 game suspension in Serie A before that.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:59 am

drogba is a kick and rush bullyplayer . he aint even close to eto to tell you the truth .
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:02 am

sportsczy wrote:
flameas wrote:On the otherhand.. you only live once. So you can either eat, drink and do what you want or try live healthy so you could live a little bit longer. Or combine both.
 Moderation young grasshopper... that's the key to life in most things.  I like a glass of wine with dinner, but i only drink one glass.  When i go out, i go for a beer or a bourbon... but only one.

If you feel like you need two, then it's time to stop.  That's how i look at it.
Most alcohol tastes like shit.. I only drink socially, but when I do.. I like to get drunk

What's the point of drinking something that is disgusting just for the sake of drinking it? Might as well get hammered and enjoy yourself :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:41 am

LeSwagg James wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
 Moderation young grasshopper... that's the key to life in most things.  I like a glass of wine with dinner, but i only drink one glass.  When i go out, i go for a beer or a bourbon... but only one.

If you feel like you need two, then it's time to stop.  That's how i look at it.
Most alcohol tastes like shit.. I only drink socially, but when I do.. I like to get drunk

What's the point of drinking something that is disgusting just for the sake of drinking it? Might as well get hammered and enjoy yourself :coffee:
I think completely the opposite. There are many different types of alcoholic drinks that have great distinctive flavours. I appreciate them all, but at the same time, I don't need to get drunk to have a good time.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:01 am

Forza wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:
sportsczy wrote: Moderation young grasshopper... that's the key to life in most things.  I like a glass of wine with dinner, but i only drink one glass.  When i go out, i go for a beer or a bourbon... but only one.

I think completely the opposite. There are many different types of alcoholic drinks that have great distinctive flavours. I appreciate them all, but at the same time, I don't need to get drunk to have a good time.
Only alcohol I've drank that tastes good to me are expensive champagne's like Belaire Rose or Ace of Spades... Hennessy and Red Bull is what I drink the most, but its the Red Bull that makes it 'good'

I don't need to drink to have a good time, but like I said if I'm going to put that filth in my body.. I'm getting something out of it :coffee:

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:08 am

You guys are completely black and white about it. I'm in the grey zone where I can appreciate the taste in some alcoholic beverages, not get drunk yet still enjoy myself. And yet there are times where I just drink for the sake of getting absolute hammered.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:21 am

Well, I'm not surprised if it's Hennessy and Red Bull you're drinking. There are literally 1000s of different types of wines, beers and spirits out there. You are bound to find something you really like. Thumbs up

Like sports though, I do prefer to drink with a meal. That opens up all kinds of ideas about what kind of drinks are going to complement what you are eating.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Knutsford123 Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:30 am

i stopped drinking alcohol 5 months ago now, i just did not enjoy it anymore, and as someone already said, it tastes like poo anyway.

I cant stand being hungover and feeling like crap for the next three days, and before anyone says its about moderation, its really not the case for some people after they have had a couple, they go all out.

So, its all or nothing, i choose nothing. Very Happy

but yeah, Adriano could of been one of the worlds best. shame.
Knutsford123
Knutsford123
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:34 am

McAgger wrote:You guys are completely black and white about it. I'm in the grey zone where I can appreciate the taste in some alcoholic beverages, not get drunk yet still enjoy myself. And yet there are times where I just drink for the sake of getting absolute hammered.
What drinks taste good to you?

Forza wrote:Well, I'm not surprised if it's Hennessy and Red Bull you're drinking. There are literally 1000s of different types of wines, beers and spirits out there. You are bound to find something you really like. Thumbs up

Like sports though, I do prefer to drink with a meal. That opens up all kinds of ideas about what kind of drinks are going to complement what you are eating.
Please tell me a beer that tastes good Laughing

I don't drink while I eat, not even wine.. Not my thing.. Just drink water, sometimes juice
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:01 am

A beer that tastes good? Well, you don't have to buy the most expensive in the store or the most obscure craft beer from some microbrewery in the middle of nowhere. The important thing is to try a range of beers, from pilseners, to lagers, to dark beers, to stout, there are a wide variety of tastes out there. Some you will like, some you won't.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next