Tifoso Romanista
ErPupone
6 posters

Go down

Cicinho reveals alcohol problem Empty Cicinho reveals alcohol problem

Post by ErPupone Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:32 am

Cicinho reveals alcohol problem
By Football Italia staff

Cicinho has surprisingly revealed he “smoked and got drunk” while dropped from the Roma squad. “I didn’t do drugs because of the anti-doping tests.”

The Brazilian full-back has struggled in recent years to make an impact at the Olimpico and was often left in the stands.

“I went to the Trigoria ground and had the training session, but I knew I wasn’t going to play on Sunday,” Cicinho told Brazilian television programme Esporte Fantastico.

“So when I went home, I smoked and got drunk. I had cases of beer and other alcohol at home, drinking either by myself or with false friends.

“I liked going out clubbing, would drink and could not stop myself. I didn’t do drugs, but only because of the anti-doping tests, otherwise I would’ve done that too.

“Now my objective is to continue playing football, possibly in Europe, where my wife and I would like to remain.”

Cicinho is out of contract with Roma.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prick could f off back to Brazil and rot in their 4th division for all I care. That last line is the best news I've heard all day.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Cicinho reveals alcohol problem Empty Re: Cicinho reveals alcohol problem

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:41 am

drinking Hope he find his way out of alcohol and wont do drugs it can get tough when a player realizes he has no chance to play and alcoholism is not something new within Brazilian footballers
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Konstantinos Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:11 am

Out of contract? cheers cheers cheers
Konstantinos
Konstantinos
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Good riddance
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:26 pm

I feel for him with his alcohol problem, but he's added absolutely nothing to the team so parting ways is definitely the best thing that can happen for him and us.

Hope he gets the help he needs for the sake of his family. That's a dark road he's starting going down.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:26 pm

You know what, I feel bad for him for the problems he has. But then again, you're a professional player playing for Roma who spent millions on you and have given you a big contract, the only right way to repay them is by busting your arse and helping the team, especially because he could have redeemed himself this season under LE. With LE's tactics, most importantly the fact that he favored attacking full backs, Cicinho had the qualities necessary to make himself an important part of the team again. With just a bit of desire and effort, he would've broken back into the first team. But no, he decides to drink and smoke instead. That's a slap in the face to every single Roma fan out there, especially those kids who would even love the opportunity to just be a ballboy at the Olimpico, let alone play for us, because they have the true desire to wear our colors. That's why I have no respect for players like this.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Konstantinos wrote:Out of contract? cheers cheers cheers
How is it that you guys keep getting more and more members as one of the smallest sections? (//jelly)

Anyways, welcome! cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Konstantinos Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:15 pm

The worst part about having any kind of a substance abuse problem(whether it is alcohol, drugs,etc) is that you lose interest for anything that is important to you before developing that problem.I am sure that the big majority of roma fans see him as a guy who sat on million dollar contract and didn't even had any intention to justify that money.But that's exactly the nature of this medical case. Alcohol addiction despite the fact that its symptoms aren't that impressive as heroin or PCP addiction is slowly but steady developing you into an unmotivated fool.Maybe this problem was the crucial point why he did't perform all these yrs.However wish him the best because football is just a part of life, not life itself and it would be a shame to waste his life just like that.

PS.I am pretty sure that the medical staff of Roma knew about this problem and tried their best, but alcoholism is very difficult to treat with the use of current medical means(the only proven therapy is psychotherapy,pharmacotherapy has no effect), much more difficult than other psychiatric problems such as depression.
Konstantinos
Konstantinos
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Konstantinos Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Konstantinos wrote:Out of contract? cheers cheers cheers
How is it that you guys keep getting more and more members as one of the smallest sections? (//jelly)

Anyways, welcome! cheers

Thanks man!
Konstantinos
Konstantinos
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down