Gabriel

4 posters

Go down

Gabriel Empty Gabriel

Post by Forza Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:24 am

Should we take a chance on Gabriel? Is he ready to take over? He seems like a safe pair of hands and in the meantime Abbiati is out of form and not getting any younger. If we give him a chance now we could potentially save a lot of money from not bringing in some veteran GK like Casillas, Valdez, De Sanctis or Reina at the end of the season. Akinfeev would be a great addition, but I'm not sure that CSKA would let us get him on a free transfer after we apparently just snatched Honda from them in the same way. Gabriel's promotion would also be consistent with our youth policy - or at least what's left of our youth policy after the purchases of Zaccardo, Birsa, Kaka and Matri.

Thoughts?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Empty Re: Gabriel

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:54 am

Agreed, we should see how he goes this season. He's already impressed me with the Udinese match, and i can't really blame him on Parma. Hope he has what it takes though, an as you said. He'll save us a lot of money and fits our youth policy
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 pm

A lot will depend on Allegri , if not down to him alone ; Just as with the likes of De Sciglio , El Shaarawy and Niang. Or , just as with the likes of Merkel , Strasser , Didac and even Montelongo ..

You see , it's not really a question of trust , or planning (youth policy) ; Allegri has always shown trust in his younger players . It's purely down to how they do , that we decide if we should invest in them on the long term or not . Obviously , Allegri may trust them , but they have to show positives in return and few of them really proved that they can be important for Milan .

This is exactly the case with Gabriel and honestly speaking , it's just down to him to earn it . It's not what the club should do , the club did what they had to when they signed him. It's up to him to impress Allegri and earn the position , if he's ready we won't be signing anyone , if he's not , we will look for other options for the time being. It's very simple actually , youth policy is great and all but we must be cautious. Nobody gets to start games for Milan just for age reasons , youth policy and whatnot.  

If he really deserves to begin games , he will ; even if Abbiati-Amelia are fit to play. As it is often with keepers who begin from a young age , there's a good chance we concede some funny goals here and there. But what Gabriel offers on the field , especially in his ability to come out of his box with everything that goes with , we have no better than him. And with proper defensive work in front of him , not only he will get better and better after every game but he won't look any worse than the other two , because simply enough it's clear that he's much more talented than Abbiati-Amelia ever was.

And if football basics have anything to say in this one , is that every Gk need games to reach form and Gabriel is no different. Only with a consecutive run of games he will prove himself . I don't know what will happen , but in such cases i have complete trust in Allegri. This season will more or less prove if he's ready to become Milan's goalie or not and if Milan should trust him or look for a more experienced option . It remains to be seen , even though i fancy his chances tbh , he really seems to have impressed a lot of people in the club. I don't mind either option, just as long as we do something about it , because , Galliani saying " I hope Abbiati reaches 400 even 500 appearances " wasn't funny. Not funny at all .

Or maybe i didn't catch the joke and he meant to say with the Milan glorie ; Galliani you joker Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:25 am

This season Allegri has completely ditched the younger players.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:19 pm

You know that's half the truth , if not just a case of Petagna only . Except Niang who's has been just a fast scrub this season , i don't really see what else is there.

Even Gabriel has 3 Serie A games in a row . For any new primavera arrival , i must say here that there's simply no room right now. Allegri has made mistakes but playing the likes of Cristante and i don't know who else instead of better players at the moment just for the sake of it , isn't something you can fault him tbh.

Specially how things stand , no coach right in his head would do such moves.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down