PSG to switch Verratti for Pogba?

+3
sportsczy
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

PSG to switch Verratti for Pogba? Empty PSG to switch Verratti for Pogba?

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:39 pm

Paris Saint-Germain could be targeting a move for Paul Pogba, and may use Marco Verratti as a potential sweetener, according to reports.

Tuttosport have claimed that the French side are desperate to sign the Juventus midfielder, despite the 20-year-old expected to sign a new four-year contract with the Bianconeri.

That new deal will not put Laurent Blanc’s men off though, and could offer Verratti in return for the former Manchester United man.

President Andrea Agnelli recently admitted that the club would not be able to turn down a huge offer for Pogba, and getting the Italy international in return for the Bleus youngster may be too good to refuse.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

PSG to switch Verratti for Pogba? Empty Re: PSG to switch Verratti for Pogba?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:47 pm

No thanks

Unless a large sum of money is coming with him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:55 pm

No chance. Verratt is too important for PSG and has nobody like him on the squad. They already have Motta to play in Pogba's spot and he's getting extended.

Now, i think there's a good chance that PSG offers Lavezzi for Pogba.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:34 pm

This is something i would definitely consider imo.Cash + swap ofcourse not a straight swap.

1.He'd be a direct replacement for Pirlo in other words we wouldnt have to change the system when he comes in.
2.We can be set with him for a decade as he's Italian and will remain loyal to us thereby we wouldnt have to go fishing for replacements every 2-3 years.
Once Pirlo is gone ,there'd be basically zero creativity in the squad.Better having someone as gifted as Verratti who has room to get better and better than signing a temporary alternative like Xabi Alonso for example who's well past his prime.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:45 pm

win win for both sides if you ask me I would do it as you guys said cash+swap
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:52 pm

To repeat, there is zero chance Verratti gets sold... none.  I said this last year when you guys thought you could get him and got ridiculed and i'll say it again now.  He loves playing for Blanc as he's taken a more attacking role.  Only reason there was any talk was Carlo leaving, which created uncertainty and speculation... Blanc is going nowhere.

They just extended him until 2018 too, so there's no pressure whatsoever.  

They are shopping Lavezzi however...  Draxler and Reus are being targeted.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Cousin, not to sound combative, but you write with alot of certainty about someone you don't know. While it maybe unlikely... to think a French team won't move a 20 year old Italian wonderkid, for a 20 year old French one, and that the Italian wouldn't accept considering the team is faaar from zero chance. He may love a lot of things in France and the team, but its really not that farfetched. And contract extensions mean nothing if the team is willing to move u.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:42 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:Cousin, not to sound combative, but you write with alot of certainty about someone you don't know. While it maybe unlikely... to think a French team won't move a 20 year old Italian wonderkid, for a 20 year old French one, and that the Italian wouldn't accept considering the team is faaar from zero chance. He may love a lot of things in France and the team, but its really not that farfetched. And contract extensions mean nothing if the team is willing to move u.
He always talks that way. It's better just to ignore some of his posts where he makes guarantees or speaks definitively on a subject.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 pm

remember when he claimed he had seen facts that Aguero would join Mehdrid and it had been a done deal even a year ago? rofl

Sportszcy is like that just ignore him when he claims to be certain
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:39 pm

elmystique wrote:remember when he claimed he had seen facts that Aguero would join Mehdrid and it had been a done deal even a year ago? rofl

Sportszcy is like that just ignore him when he claims to be certain
 That was Nick, not me... i can guarantee you that it wasn't me without even a question Laughing  I can't stand the thought of Aguero ever playing for Madrid based on his behavior when with Atleti... still can't stomach it. He's not a player i like at all.

I was HOPING for either Cavani or Falcao.  I think eventually it will be Falcao.

But hey, don't believe.  I also mentioned that the reasonably reliable press in Madrid didn't think Higuain was anywhere near going to Juve and you guys torched me too lol.

The crap that the Italian media write is pretty amazing tbh.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:45 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:Cousin, not to sound combative, but you write with alot of certainty about someone you don't know. While it maybe unlikely... to think a French team won't move a 20 year old Italian wonderkid, for a 20 year old French one, and that the Italian wouldn't accept considering the team is faaar from zero chance. He may love a lot of things in France and the team, but its really not that farfetched. And contract extensions mean nothing if the team is willing to move u.
They don't care about nationality at PSG. The proof... They benched Sakho and now Jallet and Menez. The only surviving starter is Matuidi. They also passed on Lloris when Lyon was begging them to pay more than the Spurs because they had Sirigu.

There are some pretty big certainties at PSG and it's widely reported here: They will not sell anyone unless the player asks to leave and even then. They may choose to sell players... but it's their choice. Verratti has made it extremely clear that he wants to stay at PSG and PSG love him.

The main thing here is that Pogba's primary position is one where the club is stacked. There's already Matuidi and Motta. Verratti's quality is something that they have no replacement for... none. Would they make a massive offer for Pogba? Sure. I can see that happening very easily. But would they offer Verratti in the transaction? Little to no chance. Madrid already asked about him this past summer in a swap for Di Maria and they got rejected. He's even more highly thought of now...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:04 pm

First, I brought up nationality for the players interest. In that thinking either would like to go back home, especially considering the teams, isn't that much of a stretch.
second. If you believe anything a 20 year old says as a certainty, then you too believe in santa
third, di Maria is not pogba, and matuidi and ESPECIALLY motta are not pogba, regardless of position or role, in terms of potential quality and popularity.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:12 pm

That's what you think.  The trio of Motta-Matuidi-Verratti have been dominant since they've played together and Pastore has been benched.  The only one they would replace is Motta...

My point is that they would pay huge money for Pogba... but there's less than 0.01% chance that Verratti is sold as part of the transaction.  Buying Pogba for Verratti creates a problem where there is none.

If Juve want one Lavezzi or Lucas Moura... then i'm sure they'd listen because one of them will certainly want to leave.  But Verratti?  Beyond doubtful.  I mean, Silva publicly asked to be sold to Barca and the club said no.  They just won't sell what they consider core players...

It's not a 100% certainty of course... but it's similar to Juve selling Vidal if they didn't need the money.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:37 pm

I think its more like 6.8%, but that's just me.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:56 pm

let's just call it a snowball's chance in hell Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down