Trap: 'Conte, stay at Juve!'

Go down

Trap: 'Conte, stay at Juve!' Empty Trap: 'Conte, stay at Juve!'

Post by DeviAngel Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Giovanni Trapattoni is already in talks for a new job after Ireland and advises Antonio Conte to stay at Juventus.

The tactician is now 74 and out of work after his failure to take the Republic of Ireland to the World Cup, so he sat down with Tuttosport.

“I left Ireland without controversy. We had important results together and had some satisfying moments. It’s true we were unable to achieve qualification to the World Cup, but at the end of the day we said goodbye like civilised people.

“I got to know an exceptional country, humble and also proud. In a nation that doesn’t have its own football League, I think I did a good job.”

Il Trap has travelled the world, but advises Juventus Coach Conte not to do the same just yet.

“Conte has benefited from experience, as he is coaching at the same club where he played for many years. The advantage is that he’s more protected. Juve are traditionally subjected to criticism from all angles, but Turin is a city that clams up and protects during disappointments.

“Conte does not need more praise, as he knows his job is to achieve certain results, confirm them and then confirm them again...

“I do feel ready to give him some advice: the longer he resists the fascination of trying a different League, the better. I too received offers from Italian and overseas clubs, but I preferred to postpone. I trained many different Juventus sides, but always thought the more you consolidate your success, the better. Of course, eventually I did go to four different countries and win...” smiled Trapattoni.

“The Bianconeri have everything it takes to get back to the top of European football, though it’s too early to tell how this season will pan out. They are having a perfectly normal wobble caused by the numerous matches, including internationals.

“Carlos Tevez is a wise man with a winning mentality. He never protests when fouled, but cannot stand losing. Fernando Llorente was signed for the squad rotation system. He’s not Leo Messi, but the team should support him.

“I like to underline the management in Serie A, as Rafa Benitez’s Napoli, Walter Mazzarri’s Inter, the Roma of Rudi Garcia and Lazio under Vladimir Petkovic are very competitive with enthusiasm, belief and technique.

“Milan and Inter will also have their say because they are accustomed to the psychological stress of the top spot.”

Trapattoni was asked about his future and reported links with the Galatasaray bench before it was handed to Roberto Mancini.

“It could’ve been an option, but the truth is I didn’t want to play against Juve,” he revealed.

“I won’t hide that I am currently in contact with some interesting people, as the football in Australia and Russia has evolved. I am intrigued by Africa, who still have tactical naiveté.

“You will see me back on the field soon. There’s always something new on the horizon,” concluded the 74-year-old.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down