Melo still fond of Juventus

Go down

Melo still fond of Juventus Empty Melo still fond of Juventus

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Galatasaray’s Felipe Melo will take on former club Juventus this evening – an outfit who he still has an affection for.

When I was at Juve I never held back and everyone knows that I always wore my heart on my sleeve in every game,” the Brazilian noted ahead of the Champions League encounter in Turin.

“I’m happy for my former teammates because they’ve won a lot in these last two years,
but saying that I hope to put in a good performance and bring home three points.

“I’m happy to be here because you don’t get to play at such a high level very often.”

Melo was netted by the Old Lady in the summer of 2009 from Fiorentina for a transfer fee of €24.5m. However, the 30-year-old moved to Galatasaray, initially on loan, in 2011.

“Of course I’m still fond of Juventus,” he added. “I spent two years here in which we suffered a bit, and when you go through an experience like that you become emotionally attached.

“Now, though, I just want to do whatever is required to help Galatasaray.”

Melo also conceded that the Juventus midfield, which he was once a part of, has stepped up in quality.

“It is one of the strongest in Europe alongside Barcelona, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain,” he claimed.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down