S
Art Morte
Donuts
lenear1030
Swanhends
45 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Qatar World Cup Scandals Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Qatar World Cup Scandals Thread

Post by che Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Zealous wrote:The only reason this is news is because the USA and England lost out to Qatar and Russia.

ooooor it could be news because the next two world cups will be hosted by a) a homophobic warmongering cleptocracy and b) a homophobic desert town built by indian slaves

nah... it's obviously a smear campaign by the british and american media to make the paradise countries of russia and qatar look bad... also jews, i'm sure they have something to do with it

che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Qatar World Cup Scandals Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Qatar World Cup Scandals Thread

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:19 pm

che wrote:
Zealous wrote:The only reason this is news is because the USA and England lost out to Qatar and Russia.

ooooor it could be news because the next two world cups will be hosted by a) a homophobic warmongering cleptocracy and b) a homophobic desert town built by indian slaves

nah... it's obviously a smear campaign by the british and american media to make the paradise countries of russia and qatar look bad... also jews, i'm sure they have something to do with it

I don't want the world cup to be hosted by a country who operates a prison such as Guantanamo Bay and starts wars in countries half the world away just to further it's own economic interests. But hey human rights is only relevant when it's convenient.

Guess what, you don't live in Utopia, where you live isn't any cleaner than anywhere else in the world and if by some miracle it is then it's because those in charge where ever you are don't have enough assets to play the game. Frankly speaking the world is a shitty place.

You only care about corruption when it's convenient to your biases, to the point where anyone who disagrees is a conspiracy theorist or a blind fanatic. None of the above has any bearing on whether or not Qatar or Russia can host a world cup btw, if anything they will be decent tournaments and people will enjoy themselves.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Zealous are you seriously brushing off over 500 deaths I construction sites and slave labor-like conditions as a smear campaign?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Zealous are you seriously brushing off over 500 deaths I  construction sites and slave labor-like conditions as a smear campaign?

Yes because these "slaves" have been in the region for decades and it's only relevant now apparently. Never mind they are actually in better conditions than the would have been if they were back home and yet amazingly human right activists like Che don't give a flying fook about the unbelievably bad conditions some people are forced to live in on the Indian sub continent.

The working conditions for migrant workers in the Gulf are terrible, you don't need to tell me about it. I'm more than confident that I am the only poster on this entire forum who has actually seen it btw. Any work related death is one death too many imo but stuff like this unfortunately isn't new and if you ask me the countries where these workers come from share the blame because they let it happen to their citizens without so much as a formal complaint.

Unfortunately cheap labour is cheap labour, back in the industrial revolution children in places like Manchester worked till they got terminally ill. It's obviously not the same but there are countless of examples of horrific conditions in countries experiences rapid growth.

Qatar just want to grow as fast as possible, they are playing catch up. A lot of the West have gotten past the point where they need to do horrific things to grow and expand. It's not right but Qatar are just following the beaten track.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:32 pm

he's saying that there are just as many atrocities in the other host countries than there are in Qatar... and he's right. South Africa, for all its advances, is a place where rape and murder are just accepted parts of life and the govt does very little about it. Brazil has as much slave labor issues as Qatar, although the slavery is organized differently. Russia has more issues than i want to get into. The US... plenty of things that we're not proud of. Etc.

People just focus on Qatar because there is a racist stigma of people in that region... there's no doubt about it.

Also, in Europe (and it's very prevalent), they have a hard time swallowing that they're no longer the wealthiest. When the elite can't be the elite anymore... they kick and scream.

Last week, the person who cuts my hair brought up South Africa and the murder trial there... he said (no joke) that this illusion of progress is just media mirage. At the end of the day, every African will go back to his tribe. I was stunned to say the least. I know that he, like a lot of France, is just bitter that his lifestyle is slowly eroding and he needs scapegoats instead of looking within. But still... that really made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Z... you know i've seen it too and it's inexcusable. But there are inexcusable things everywhere in the world. If you want to focus on the problem, the focus on the problem and try to solve it. But it has nothing to do with the WC and hypocritical behaviour is insane. Basically, i agree with you.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:40 pm

where is the outrage over the  slave labor in china that produces 99%  of your goods ? oh yes, you don't care .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Zealous are you seriously brushing off over 500 deaths I  construction sites and slave labor-like conditions as a smear campaign?

Yes because these "slaves" have been in the region for decades and it's only relevant now apparently. Never mind they are actually in better conditions than the would have been if they were back home and yet amazingly human right activists like Che don't give a flying fook about the unbelievably bad conditions some people are forced to live in on the Indian sub continent.    

The working conditions for migrant workers in the Gulf are terrible, you don't need to tell me about it. I'm more than confident that I am the only poster on this entire forum who has actually seen it btw. Any work related death is one death too many imo but stuff like this unfortunately isn't new and if you ask me the countries where these workers come from share the blame because they let it happen to their citizens without so much as a formal complaint.

Unfortunately cheap labour is cheap labour, back in the industrial revolution children in places like Manchester worked till they got terminally ill. It's obviously not the same but there are countless of examples of horrific conditions in countries experiences rapid growth.

Qatar just want to grow as fast as possible, they are playing catch up. A lot of the West have gotten past the point where they need to do horrific things to grow and expand. It's not right but Qatar are just following the beaten track.

Zeal the near slavery work within Qatar to accomplish their demands are inexcusable but you've made a fantastic post of perspective nevertheless.

Respect, ma G.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:Z... you know i've seen it too and it's inexcusable.  But there are inexcusable things everywhere in the world.  If you want to focus on the problem, the focus on the problem and try to solve it.  But it has nothing to do with the WC and hypocritical behaviour is insane.  Basically, i agree with you.

Yeah it's pretty sad really. It's showing signs of getting better where I am from so I hope the same is true for the rest of the region.

Everyone is Gandhi or Dr. King when it's convenient but no one really gives a crap about anything other than what they're having for dinner tonight.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Zealous wrote:

Regarding the living conditions. What you said is not true . They definitely live in a far better environment here in India than in that terrible dormitory in which number of people exceeds number of floor tiles. Only reason people go for these slave labor is because of the disparity on both currencies. Never mind , passport of most of the slaves are held by the contractor up on them landing there so there is no way they can complaint, protest or even go back home with out the permission of the arab owner.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Zeal hits the nail on the head, absolutely fantastic post
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Zeal the near slavery work within Qatar to accomplish their demands are inexcusable but you've made a fantastic post of perspective nevertheless.

Respect, ma G.

Many thanks Arq. I'm in no way excusing the issue, it's terrible and needs to change.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:49 pm

Fifa is so dirty that it needs a clean up from the bottom to the top. Easily the most corrupt organization in sport

These guys sent the world cup to a desert and walk around with their suits acting as if they actually give a feck about the Sport.
Football authority my arse, Mafioso might be the appropriate term.

Also what happens if Israel qualifies Laughing

Last edited by EL Patron on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:52 pm

farfan wrote:where is the outrage over the  slave labor in china that produces 99%  of your goods ? oh yes, you don't care .

rofl

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:54 pm

iftikhar wrote:@ BG & M99, Qatar may be football loving country but they got about the same population as my county or whatever you call it. Also their love for football is not at the level of Japan or Korea. In recent times countries like Lebanon or Oman has out performed Qatar. If you put all these together it's not surprising that even in key games the stadium will remain (half) empty.

As for Bangladesh, the decline in football (audience & performance) is result of undetered effort of our officials over last 20 years. Rise of Cricket just gave the fans something to cheer about.

You have no idea how much people love football not just in Qatar but in Middle East. Its the No. 1 sport in the region. People see the empty stadiums as a measure of judgement, but trust me, practically no one goes to the stadium unless its a final, or the Qatari Classico (Al-Sadd vs Al-Rayyan) due to a multitude of factors (distance, road infrastructure, weather etc)

The Middle East is in LOVE with football, anyone can see that if you born/bred there
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Adit wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Regarding the living conditions. What you said is not true . They definitely live in a far better environment here in India than in that terrible dormitory in which number of people exceeds number of floor tiles. Only reason people go for these slave labor is because of the disparity on both currencies. Never mind , passport of most of the slaves are held by the contractor up on them landing there so there is no way they can complaint, protest or even go back home with out the permission of the arab owner.

And yet the Indian embassy is no where to be found and is almost always silent on this issue.

The passport thing is not ideal but it wasn't always like that. Once the workers started fleeing (which caused many other problems) businessmen wanted to protect their investment because lets face it they are there to make someone else some money. What I don't understand is that despite all this the supply of migrant workers has always been high and without the current levels of control it would actually be much higher.

Again I'm not saying this is OK, it isn't and if anyone is allowed to really speak up about it it's people from the Indian sub continent.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:59 pm

So we accept these inhuman conditions and lack of rights, overlook it and ignore it because Qatar is playing catchup?

The same Qatar that can afford the pay bribes? The same Qatar that can buy football clubs and pay huge sponsorship deals to others? Makes billions from gas and petroleum products, but is justified in treating people like shit in order to achieve their goals?

Amazing how human life can be insignificant to some.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:01 pm

EL Patron wrote:Fifa is so dirty that it needs a clean up from the bottom to the top. Easily the most corrupt organization in sport

Can't really argue with this lol

EL Patron wrote:These guys sent the world cup to a desert and walk around with their suits acting as if they actually give a feck about the Sport.

They sent it to a country that can easily finance such a tournament, in a region that has never hosted the tournament. In a region that has been regularly shat on by the west for decades.

They are sending it to a people, not to a desert you clown.

EL Patron wrote:Football authority my arse, Mafioso might be the appropriate term.

Again no complaints, FIFA sucks Laughing but you're living in fantasy land if you think Qatar are the only country to go to bed with them Laughing

EL Patron wrote:Also what happens if Israel qualifies Laughing

Nothing most probably, although it's pretty obvious that the Isreali team would not be popular. But hey have fun rooting for a country that has it's own long list of inhumane acts just so you can pretend you won some moral battle.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Zealous wrote:
Adit wrote:
Zealous wrote:

And yet the Indian embassy is no where to be found and is almost always silent on this issue.

The passport thing is not ideal but it wasn't always like that. Once the workers started fleeing (which caused many other problems) businessmen wanted to protect their investment because lets face it they are there to make someone else some money. What I don't understand is that despite all this the supply of migrant workers has always been high and without the current levels of control it would actually be much higher.

Again I'm not saying this is OK, it isn't and if anyone is allowed to really speak up about it it's people from the Indian sub continent.

To be fair there is very little Embassy can do other than take those people in jails to home.

Taking the workers passport is a serious issue. It is the modern day slavery , it was negro's back in the day now it is people from Indian sub continent...definitely Qatar (and many gulf countires) is doing evil worship by allowing this. Nothing can justify it , protecting his investment what not....basic human right can not be violated for some greedy *****s.

The responsibility to provide good working conditions to their workers is up on Qatar and they absolutely fails doing it....i can openly say that their government and people actually see this slavery as a normal thing,which is a shame.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:06 pm

The_Badger wrote:So we accept these inhuman conditions and lack of rights, overlook it and ignore it because Qatar is playing catchup?

Who said it was OK?

The_Badger wrote:The same Qatar that can afford the pay bribes? The same Qatar that can buy football clubs and pay huge sponsorship deals to others? Makes billions from gas and petroleum products, but is justified in treating people like shit in order to achieve their goals?

Bribes, gas petroleum, treating people like shit to achieve their goals. Are you talking about the USA hmm

The_Badger wrote:Amazing how human life can be insignificant to some.

Amazing how people pretend to be outraged then do absolutely nothing about it.

Think about how sad the current state of humanity is the next time you watch a movie, masturbate then go to sleep.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Adit wrote:
Zealous wrote:
Adit wrote:

To be fair there is very little Embassy can do other than take those people in jails to home.

Taking the workers passport is a serious issue. It is the modern day slavery , it was negro's back in the day now it is people from Indian sub continent...definitely Qatar (and many gulf countires) is doing evil worship by allowing this. Nothing can justify it , protecting his investment what not....basic human right can not be violated for some greedy *****s.

The responsibility to provide good working conditions to their workers is up on Qatar and they absolutely fails doing it....i can openly say that their government and people actually see this slavery as a normal thing,which is a shame.

Hey no arguments from me. I agree with you, however the influx of workers is still very high and some probably think it's OK because no one has really said it wasn't.

Also your comparison to "Negroes back in the day is" is hilariously false. No one is whipping and breeding these people like animals. They live in very bad conditions which is very very bad and should change but come on now..
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Your despicable defence of Qatar certainly seems to be suggesting it's okay to overlook the issues people raise, as well as your shameless diversions towards questions asked.

This is not about the USA. Trying to dodge around the points people make by constantly mentioning another nation is unnecessary and cowardly.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 pm

It is a serious question.. So Qatar can give away blillions (that they are never going to recover) to foreign clubs for publicity yet cant find money to treat their workers as Humans?

50 mill can probably make those workers living condition much better. Absolutely shameful.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:20 pm

The_Badger wrote:Your despicable defence of Qatar certainly seems to be suggesting it's okay to overlook the issues people raise, as well as your shameless diversions towards questions asked.

This is not about the USA. Trying to dodge around the points people make by constantly mentioning another nation is unnecessary and cowardly.

Nowhere is Zealous defending the actions of Qatar as he has stated that to you.

He asks why does Qatar receive such latent criticism while the others are consistently exempt from their own ? Pure case of stones being thrown in a glass house.

It is a highly skewed and hypocritical debate.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:21 pm

This is getting off topic but popularity of football in Bangladesh is overtaking popularity of cricket in an incredibly fast rate. One could argue it has already overtaken cricket. I live in this country and I can tell you that hardly anyone give a fook about local football but international football and European football is watched more than regular cricket matches. Football is played in fields and schools from morning to night. There is more excitement for the football World Cup in June than there is about the cricket World Cup which is happening in Bangladesh right now ffs. Just a picture of rooftops during a World Cup would give you an idea.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:26 pm

Arquitescu wrote:
The_Badger wrote:Your despicable defence of Qatar certainly seems to be suggesting it's okay to overlook the issues people raise, as well as your shameless diversions towards questions asked.

Nowhere is Zealous defending the actions of Qatar as he has stated that to you.

Yet his actual posts suggest otherwise.

He asks why does Qatar receive such latent criticism while the others are consistently exempt from their own ? Pure case of stones being thrown in a glass house.

It is a highly skewed and hypocritical debate.

They're not exempt from criticism are they though? And there is nothing hypocritical about it.

Perhaps you need to be reminded that this is a thread about scandals relating to Qatar's hosting of the World Cup 2022. It is not about US foreign policy, or employment rights at Foxconn factories, or the use of sweatshops in Honduras.

I'm pretty sure this forum has a very strict outlook on debating off-topic issues.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next