S
Onyx
Gil
45 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Oscar > Mata -  Mourinho - Page 3 Empty Re: Oscar > Mata - Mourinho

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:16 pm

typical of Mou. he doesn't like it when fans/media campaign for a guy to start/get playing time eventhough its evident that they deserve to

how long till he ditches Luiz for good hmm

Mou does everything backhanded, he waited till the window was closed before telling Mata he wasn't in his plans by purpose. he is a scumbag who always points to trophies won whenever he gets criticised

cant wait for pellegrini to whip his ass both tactically and by claas when city and chelsea meet. "When I leave I wont coach malaga" well here you go son he is coaching City and will finish ahead of you in the league and go further than you in cl. cant wait for his lovely excuse then.....if he is still coaching chelsea that is

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Mata IS not even on the bench today

Ostracized to the CORE!!!!!!
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:10 pm

what happened to the chat box?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:21 pm

You are probably banned
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:52 pm

if it was Rafa who benched Mata, chelsea fans would publicly execute him.

MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Always said mou doesn't know how to rate players, i remember a fit sahin couldn't catch a break while lass played so many minutes Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Of course he knows. You know, i know, every body knows and he knows.
Knowing what is right and doing the right thing are completely different.

He will fail and he should so he can take his managerial career to the next level. The other clubs and players have already mutated. they have figured him out.

Once he realizes that the game is not about him anymore (and i am not saying he will with this stubborn mentality) but about the 11 players he fields, the heavy burden will be lifted and the moment of clarity will arrive.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by KantLogic Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:35 pm

thats why each and everyone of you aren't coaches and your opinions (rightly pointed out) yet inaccurate and wrong 99% of the time.

maybe super mata is the reason for chelsea failing to win PL last couple of seasons, weekly games require every single possible help defensively, help that mata gives like close to 0.
nor can mata play to the right, at least not better than the current starters.

mata is and will be a sub from now on, everyone should deal with it.

oscar>>>>>>> simply more usefull

KantLogic
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:59 pm

oscar was the player with most tackles on the pitch today.DMscar
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Fascinating interview by Mourinho.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Oscar does have the potential to be the best player he's ever managed at Chelsea so wanting to build the side around him is very reasonable in my opinion...

What I don't get is why Hazard suddenly became undroppable. Yes he has the speed that Mourinho wants out wide but as he said himself, he has struggled to make use of that and really get in behind the midfield to unlock the game. He's just been in very poor form in general under Mourinho.

I see a place for Mata there still, could be mind games to show Mata that he needs to work and adjust to his tactics - bit extreme but could be effective.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:29 pm

I understand managers want more confidentiality but I'd like to see more interviews like this from other PL managers aswell. Really nice of Mourinho to go on depth like this.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:44 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I understand managers want more confidentiality but I'd like to see more interviews like this from other PL managers aswell. Really nice of Mourinho to go on depth like this.
Yes me too. I'd like to hear Wenger about his tactis for instance.

The manager might explain all that to the players but us fans would like to know about it too.

PS : Worst manager in that area i've ever seen is Raymond domenech , even his players didn't know what he had in mind.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:54 am

sportsczy wrote:Mikel was a AM when he came to Chelsea and Mou ruined him by trying to make him a DM lol... Mikel doesn't know what he is anymore.  On NT, he's the creator, which is more natural for him.

Mata is in no way soft.  He's the exact clone of Silva and Cazorla except he's better than those two imo.  He's just a small guy who has to attack you with skill and finesse... nothing wrong with that.

Mata-Hazard had really developed a great understanding of each other... too bad really.
Mata is an exceptional talent, and my favourite non-City league player, but no way is Mata better than Silva. Mata has NEVER the level showed the performances that Silva has.

A small number of people have said Silva is not performing he was during the title winning season.
It's a bit of myth. Silva was just SO SO GOOD during his best form, that even some of his best performances will not top what he did that year. For that first half of the season, you could say he was 3rd best in the world. Last season, which was supposedly bad by Silva's standards (again not true if you look at the stats), Silva had the 2nd highest chance creation total after Baines, and the HIGHEST minute per chance creation rate. And this is despite playing with Nasri who tends to get in his way. Silva would have been even better if he was the sole #10 like Mata.

Just look at this play at 2:06...or even the pass at 1:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0BcL-qlNQk

Mata is better than Silva at: Shooting & Set pieces.
Silva is better than Mata at: Chance creation & MCC, passing/vision, first touch, turning on players with the ball, dribbling, workrate, and defending.

Some of those categories are closer than others, but for me Silva is more refined than Mata, but there's not a huge gulf.

A game of opinions, eh?
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:14 am

The Franchise wrote:Your not ready to ask Oscar to track fullbacks? Why not? He's very capable.
It makes sense to me. A Mourinho team will always have two inverted wingers.

On the left, Hazard will play.

On the right, Oscar would not fit in with the philosophy and advantages an inverted winger can bring as he's right footed. So he'll play centrally where he works much harder than Mata to help the team, but also brings the technical side of the game too.

I think Mourinho wants to convert Mata into an inverted winger like Robben. Although he's slow, Mata is good enough to get onto his strong foot and either shoot or pass from that position.

Reason I think Mata is not playing is because he would be a risk playing on the flank until he adapts to the new system. I don't think Mata will be frozen out for too long...but for right now he's too lazy of a player to play on the right flank and he would leave it exposed.

I don't see why Mata couldn't adapt. Silva for instance, a similar player plays sometimes as an inverted winger for Spain, and he tracks back well, and can still make super passes in that position when he turns comes in on his left foot.

I believe Mata is in Mourinho's long term vision, but he is just not ready yet. I predict in the future, Mourinho will field this midfield more often than not:
Hazard--Oscar--Mata
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Gemini wrote:Oscar does have the potential to be the best player he's ever managed at Chelsea so wanting to build the side around him is very reasonable in my opinion...

What I don't get is why Hazard suddenly became undroppable. Yes he has the speed that Mourinho wants out wide but as he said himself, he has struggled to make use of that and really get in behind the midfield to unlock the game. He's just been in very poor form in general under Mourinho.

I see a place for Mata there still, could be mind games to show Mata that he needs to work and adjust to his tactics - bit extreme but could be effective.
Agreed

The battle should be between Hazard and Willian IMO
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:08 pm

animal.crackers wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Mikel was a AM when he came to Chelsea and Mou ruined him by trying to make him a DM lol... Mikel doesn't know what he is anymore.  On NT, he's the creator, which is more natural for him.

Mata is in no way soft.  He's the exact clone of Silva and Cazorla except he's better than those two imo.  He's just a small guy who has to attack you with skill and finesse... nothing wrong with that.

Mata-Hazard had really developed a great understanding of each other... too bad really.
Mata is an exceptional talent, and my favourite non-City league player, but no way is Mata better than Silva. Mata has NEVER the level showed the performances that Silva has.
Where was Silva when Mata was in the discussion for best in the league last season along with Bale, Suarez & RvP?

A small number of people have said Silva is not performing he was during the title winning season.
It's a bit of myth. Silva was just SO SO GOOD during his best form, that even some of his best performances will not top what he did that year. For that first half of the season, you could say he was 3rd best in the world. Last season, which was supposedly bad by Silva's standards (again not true if you look at the stats), Silva had the 2nd highest chance creation total after Baines, and the HIGHEST minute per chance creation rate. And this is despite playing with Nasri who tends to get in his way. Silva would have been even better if he was the sole #10 like Mata.
As opposed to Mata who had BOTH Oscar AND Hazard getting in his way?

Mata is better than Silva at: Shooting, Set pieces
Silva is better than Mata at: Chance creation & MCC, passing/vision, first touch, turning on players with the ball, dribbling, workrate, and defending.

Some of those categories are closer than others, but for me Silva is more refined than Mata, but there's not a huge gulf.

A game of opinions, eh?
Tie.

Tie.

You really didn't watch Mata last season, did you?

I fully agree with workrate and defending. I haven't taken note of Silva's defensive game enough to give a solid opinion but from the little I've noticed, he's miles ahead of Mata in that area, which frankly, isn't exactly a difficult feat. I'd argue that even Ozil has a better workrate and defensive game than Mata. He's just one of the worst when it comes to that.

Apart from those two, there really isn't one clear cut thing you can mention for Silva over Mata but those two things are more than enough to keep benching Mata in the NT.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:11 pm

And for saying Mata will adapt, I really don't see how he will. Its one thing for a player like Hazard to adapt, simply because he's a really good athlete and he has it in him to have a good defensive game. Mata just isn't that good an athlete, tbh. I'm afraid no matter how hard he tries, his defensive game may never be good enough for Mou's standards. I'll be very happy to be proven wrong though. We'll see.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:45 pm

animal.crackers wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Your not ready to ask Oscar to track fullbacks? Why not? He's very capable.

On the right, Oscar would not fit in with the philosophy and advantages an inverted winger can bring as he's right footed. So he'll play centrally where he works much harder than Mata to help the team, but also brings the technical side of the game too.

I think Mourinho wants to convert Mata into an inverted winger like Robben. Although he's slow, Mata is good enough to get onto his strong foot and either shoot or pass from that position.

Reason I think Mata is not playing is because he would be a risk playing on the flank until he adapts to the new system. I don't think Mata will be frozen out for too long...but for right now he's too lazy of a player to play on the right flank and he would leave it exposed.

I don't see why Mata couldn't adapt. Silva for instance, a similar player plays sometimes as an inverted winger for Spain, and he tracks back well, and can still make super passes in that position when he turns comes in on his left foot.

I believe Mata is in Mourinho's long term vision, but he is just not ready yet. I predict in the future, Mourinho will field this midfield more often than not:
Hazard--Oscar--Mata
Inverted wingers? Do you mean wingers who will come inside or wingers who play on the oppose side of their strong foot, because they are two different things.

And why is it part of every Mourinho team? (It actually wasnt a Porto, but never mind). I would like to hear why its so important? Epecially on the rightside, where he is using Ivanovic, someone who you dont really want to see overlapping anyway.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:51 pm

I'd love to know when this fascination/obsession of wanting attacking players to track back and defend started
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Im thinking, if your "system" says that last seasons best player, who was good 20 goals and 20 assists isnt going to start, you might want to rethink your "system".

But hey, maybe defensive stability on the wings vs Hull at home is more important.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:
animal.crackers wrote:

Hazard--Oscar--Mata
Inverted wingers? Do you mean wingers who will come inside or wingers who play on the oppose side of their strong foot, because they are two different things.

And why is it part of every Mourinho team? (It actually wasnt a Porto, but never mind). I would like to hear why its so important? Epecially on the rightside, where he is using Ivanovic, someone who you dont really want to see overlapping anyway.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8844746/jose-mourinho-reiterates-juan-mata-is-in-his-plans-and-hints-at-a-new-role

Mourinho in this article a little mentions why he would like a left-footed player on the right. You're right though he doesn't mention doing it with any Porto players. Perhaps something he decided to do post Porto.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:51 am

Lex wrote:I'd love to know when this fascination/obsession of wanting attacking players to track back and defend started
I get the general sentiment...but it's really not necessary every single game.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:07 am

The Franchise wrote:Im thinking, if your "system" says that last seasons best player, who was good 20 goals and 20 assists isnt going to start, you might want to rethink your "system".

But hey, maybe defensive stability on the wings vs Hull at home is more important.

Bingo. Couldn't agree more.

And hell, it's not like Mourinho has proven that Mata isn't needed and his hard work > creativity stance so far has gotten him...

Nothing. Shocked
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:23 am

According to RMC correspondents Philippe Auclair and (i forgot the name of their correspondent in italy), Benitez is already working on bringing Mata to Napoli. :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:38 am

If we were to sell him, you can be assured he won't be sold for anything less than £60m.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next