Toni: Juve’s Llorente useful, but…

+3
juventus101
Juventude
DeviAngel
7 posters

Go down

Toni: Juve’s Llorente useful, but… Empty Toni: Juve’s Llorente useful, but…

Post by DeviAngel Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:49 am

Verona’s Luca Toni has doubts about how well suited Fernando Llorente is to the Juventus tactics of Antonio Conte.

The Spanish international joined the Old Lady in the summer, but he has made just one late substitute appearance in the club’s first five official games of the campaign.

“Conte, on paper at least, prefers attackers with characteristics which are different to those of Llorente,” the former Bianconero striker told Tuttosport.

“He prefers strikers who play between themselves, who help out and are also good away from the goal.

“Saying that, I’m convinced that Juventus will spend a lot of time in the penalty areas of opponents and the Spaniard will be very useful.”

Toni, who didn’t play a part in the plans of Conte in Turin, is similar in stature to the man who left Athletic Bilbao on a Bosman in the summer.

“Such situations are hard, especially for players like myself and Llorente,” the 2006 World Cup winner added.

“In order to reach top form you have to play proper games. You either like a player or you don’t – if you do then you have to play him.

“We are players who are good in the air and we like to live in the penalty area. I just hope one thing for him – a bit of luck so that he can make the most of his chance that will sooner or later be given to him.”

Toni’s Verona will face Juve at the weekend, but the former Fiorentina and Bayern Munich ace is still struggling with an ankle problem.

“I don’t think I’ll make it. I’ll need a miracle. My unavailability will hurt because facing Juventus is always stimulating and beautiful.

“I’ll still go to the Juventus Stadium though, I have a lot of people to say hello to.”

Blog: Trust Conte with Llorente

Fernando Llorente continues to controversially sit on the Juventus bench, but Antonio Labbate thinks there should be more faith in the decisions of boss Antonio Conte.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Toni: Juve’s Llorente useful, but… Empty Re: Toni: Juve’s Llorente useful, but…

Post by Juventude Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:04 am

I agree with Toni. Our style is not fit for a typical CF. We rely on sustained possession with lots of passes and especially short passes deep in attack. I think we are more suited with two SS than to have one CF in the lineup. I hope Llorente works, but I have my doubts with Conte's tactics. We really should have gotten Jovetic.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:38 am

I think Llorente would fit perfectly. The only problem is that hes Spanish and the track record for Spanish players isnt so good in Serie A. Besides that, I see nothing that should stop Llorente from succeeding. Hes a #9 yes, but much more than just a penalty box poacher like Toni for example. Hes extrenely good with the ball at his feet, holding up play, passing, and everything that a possession based team like us would look for. He just needs to be given a chance.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:51 am

@ juventude
I believe that it is possible for us to get jojo in the near future.
look at man city. Negredo dzeko aguero..? Where will jojo fit if u got all these strikers. Jojo only played 1 match so far
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:48 am

Juventude wrote:I agree with Toni.  Our style is not fit for a typical CF.  We rely on sustained possession with lots of passes and especially short passes deep in attack.  I think we are more suited with two SS than to have one CF in the lineup.  I hope Llorente works, but I have my doubts with Conte's tactics.  We really should have gotten Jovetic.
Bang on 100%. The best post I've read regarding this LoLo topic. You are definitely the best poster on this forum. I'm not even in your league. I'm just a Papa who's gonna have dementia soon, haha!!

We got LoLo cause he was free. Fiorentina wanted $30m for JoJo. It would have made all the difference in the world to spend that $30m instead of picking up a true CF for free. Jojo and Tevez would have been the perfect partnership. Like peanut butter and jelly. Jojo would have become a true world class player under Conte and his tactics. We should have sold Vucinic and went to the bank for Jojo.

I wanted Jojo so bad and posted numerous threads on him and that he should have come and taken the number 10. Maybe next year he will realize ManShitty is not the place to be and follow Tevez over to Juve. At least we won't have to deal with Fiorentina to get him the next time.

I  am sure Conte will play LoLo eventually and we'll see what happens. But at the end of the day Juventude is bang on. We need 2 SS's who can interchange up front. Tevez is perfect but Vucinic will eventually need to be replaced.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:21 am

this Spanish players always fail bullcrap must stop....

Callejon

Pepe Reina

Borja Valero are all doing fine....

keep_spanish_player_nonsense_away_from_Juve_section
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:21 pm

elmystique wrote:this Spanish players always fail bullcrap must stop....

Callejon

Pepe Reina

Borja Valero are all doing fine....

keep_spanish_player_nonsense_away_from_Juve_section
and keep that shit out of the Juve section its annoying
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Firstly we all should stop saying that spanish players fail in Serie A.This is a complete nonsense cuz a players nationality has nothing to do with the way how he fits in a league.Llorente has the skills to fit in Serie A,he is strong enough to play against strong italian teams defenses and is very technical for a player of his height.

I agree about the idea of having two SS instead of one CF.It just works better for our system.We need skilled attackers who are able to go past defenders,finish and also to be good passers.Jovetic was a great option but looks unlikely to get him anytime soon.Anyway we have other options like Lewandowski (my fav. option),Benzema,Suarez etc,we just need to sell Vucinic or Giovinco first.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:04 pm

juvealbanian wrote:Firstly we all should stop saying that spanish players fail in Serie A.This is a complete nonsense cuz a players nationality has nothing to do with the way how he fits in a league.Llorente has the skills to fit in Serie A,he is strong enough to play against strong italian teams defenses and is very technical for a player of his height.

I agree about the idea of having two SS instead of one CF.It just works better for our system.We need skilled attackers who are able to go past defenders,finish and also to be good passers.Jovetic was a great option but looks unlikely to get him anytime soon.Anyway we have other options like Lewandowski (my fav. option),Benzema,Suarez etc,we just need to sell Vucinic or Giovinco first.
we jsut can't sell Vuci even if we are able to get Suarez if he gets injured you'll have class sub in Vucinic
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:16 pm

We have to make some money before we buy a player of Suarez level.If the team can buy him without having to sell Vuci is great sub.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:49 pm

#SuarezToJuveNextSummer
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down