aleumdance
CBarca
Forza
Winter is Coming
BarcaLearning
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thiago Silva rejected Barca for money - Page 2 Empty Re: Thiago Silva rejected Barca for money

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Silva was getting paid 8 mil before his extension last month... and he made it very clear that he was being asked to take a significant paycutt to play for Barca.  So it was probably 7 or less.  

Point is, this is his last big contract since he's approaching 30 now (he's 28)... so leaving significant money on the table is a non-starter.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Thiago Silva rejected Barca for money - Page 2 Empty Re: Thiago Silva rejected Barca for money

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:59 pm

che wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:ITT: Rich kids from western Europe criticize a man who grew up in immense poverty for making sure that never happens to his own family.
yea, just the other day i was in serious danger of falling into extreme poverty but my brother is earning 10 million a year instead of 7 so luckily he was only just able to help me
Do you know how many nights he dreamed about that extra 3 million? Have you ever been to a Rio favela?

Dude, its no picnic. He should, without any attacks on character, get as much money as he can.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
che wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:ITT: Rich kids from western Europe criticize a man who grew up in immense poverty for making sure that never happens to his own family.
yea, just the other day i was in serious danger of falling into extreme poverty but my brother is earning 10 million a year instead of 7 so luckily he was only just able to help me
Do you know how many nights he dreamed about that extra 3 million? Have you ever been to a Rio favela?

Dude, its no picnic. He should, without any attacks on character, get as much money as he can.
This is true whether he's from Rio Favela or the only child of Bill Gates... this a profession. Professionals look to get paid as much as possible for what they do.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Dint Barca have the highest wage bill in all of Europe two years ago ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:45 pm

S wrote:Dint Barca have the highest wage bill in all of Europe two years ago ?
Still do I read.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:47 pm

I read the other day that Silva spoke of their treatment to Abidal as a reason he rejected them.

Might have been lol.com or something but I definitely read it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I read the other day that Silva spoke of their treatment to Abidal as a reason he rejected them.

Might have been lol.com or something but I definitely read it.
Can't be. I mean, he didn't know of the time about Abidals bad "treatment"..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:00 pm

Paris-Saint Germain defender Thiago Silva has revealed that a breakdown in negotiations prevented him from securing a "dream" move to Barcelona.

The Brazil international was in talks with the Catalans over a possible move to Camp Nou this summer but ultimately stayed in the French capital, and the 28-year-old has hinted at his frustration over the way talks developed.

Thiago Silva told reporters on Friday: "Certain things happened that, unfortunately, made me decide not to continue the conversation [regarding a Barca move].

"It was bad for me and for my family. It was my dream to wear the Barcelona shirt one day, but it didn’t happen.

"From the moment it was decided I’d be staying at PSG, I put on my shirt and I’m really happy to help the team."

The ex-AC Milan centre-back also criticised his former suitors over their treatment of Eric Abidal, who they released this summer following his full recovery from illness.

"For me, certain things I was asking were not being heard," Thiago Silva added. "I saw Abidal’s situation and I didn’t like it. They weren’t correct with him, they didn’t keep their word.

"In my case, it was just over sporting negotiations. But, in Abidal’s case - who’s a great person - they did nothing to help."

Looks like money was a factor but he wasn't happy with the Abidal situation either.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 pm

He shouldn't be talking about stuff he doesn't know about :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:54 pm

So what if he rejected barca for money. I don't see the issue here ...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:54 pm

As soon as he went to PSG i forgot about him. PSG can pay him like a '' messi '' whereas Rossell is making sure that we don't spend much.
I do understand him. If he was to force a move it should have been more worthy , $$ speaking.

What i don't get is HOW DID HE KNOW ABOUT THE SITUATION ABOUT KING ABIDAL WHEN THE LATTER SPOKE ABOUT THAT 2 DAYS AFTER THE WINDOW WAS CLOSED ? hmm 
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Shocker, he rejected less money for more money.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:05 pm

He called Abidal to get advice and opinion regarding Barca... both Maxwell and Ibra encouraged him to call Abidal first.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:He called Abidal to get advice and opinion regarding Barca...  both Maxwell and Ibra encouraged him to call Abidal first.
Dam n .... Abidal stabbed us :p
On a serious note, as i said the only chance we have to get TS ws when he was still Milanista. no regrets here
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:35 pm

They have asked him lots of time about Barca this summer and yet this is the first time, which is just a few hours after Abidals out of context quote, he mentions Abidal..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Good on him. People forget that money is a symbolism of power and how you are valued. Obviously PSG value him higher than Barcelona so they were willing to shell out more cash. Good on them.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Someone like Silva probably takes care of his WHOLE family (cousins, relatives etc.).. I bet a few million makes a big difference considering there is no guarantee of making a lot of money when his playing career is over, to sustain the quality of life he feels they should be living :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Swagg wrote:Someone like Silva probably takes care of his WHOLE family (cousins, relatives etc.).. I bet a few million makes a big difference considering there is no guarantee of making a lot of money when his playing career is over, to sustain the quality of life he feels they should be living :coffee:
Agreed. People that says he has enough money should gtfo. Maybe he wants more?

GL :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:03 pm

harhar11 wrote:They have asked him lots of time about Barca this summer and yet this is the first time, which is just a few hours after Abidals out of context quote, he mentions Abidal..
Explain to me again how it is out of context when you have the transcribe of the entire interview... you do realize what the expression "out of context" means, right? Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:Why we talking about numbers? I saw no numbers being offered, only speculations. I saw no 5m offer.

Did they want him to take some level pay cut? Yeah probably..he is earning quite alot and we actually pay the most total wages on the planet apperently, so it makes sense they dont want to add PSG inflated numbers to that.

But you honestly believe we wouldnt pay him a figure his talent deserves in relation to the rest of our squad? Of course we would.

Whats the problem with that? Thats not us asking him "to rebel to play for peanuts" at all.
i talked about the 5 mil because that's what Iniesta is making right? 5 millions net, about 11 before tax.

my point was, money wise, there was no way you could compete with PSG in terms of the kind of wages you could offer Thiago Silva, precisely because you are already paying so much wages.

so asking the player to show he wants to play for barca when the money you are offering is a lot less than what PSG are paying him sounds funny to me

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 am

Right, but you notion we "pay peanuts" is clearly wrong.

I dont know what Iniesta is on, but I do know he signed it in Jan 2008, when he wasnt quite the player he was just a year later, let alone today.

So him, just like Busquets who signed right when he joined the first team are underpaid but because of unlucky timing, rather than us simply undervaluing their abilities.

Both get new contracts this year which obviously will put them on the level they deserve.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:58 am

nothing to discuss here... he wanted more, he got more. end of story
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:25 am

sportsczy wrote:
harhar11 wrote:They have asked him lots of time about Barca this summer and yet this is the first time, which is just a few hours after Abidals out of context quote, he mentions Abidal..
 Explain to me again how it is out of context when you have the transcribe of the entire interview...  you do realize what the expression "out of context" means, right?  Laughing
I already answered that in the abidal thread, but fine..

The article makes it sound as if Abidal didn't get a single penny, but what we know is that he is talking about renewing his contract. And he says that it can't have been for financial reasons seeing as it wasn't Barca who was paying his salary, so they were not losing money by keeping him.

Now if Abidal was indeed payed by an insurance company, which is the most likely scenerio, then Barca itself was not losing money at all and what Abidal said is true but taken out of context..

Like I said, Abidal needs to come out and explain it better..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:05 pm

It's not an article ffs.  It's the full transcript of an interview.  All the words are directly his.  They didn't remove anything he said... nor did they add anything.

Thus they didn't add or remove context.  So how could it be out of context?

The only people i see that are trying to add editorial and assumptions into this are Barca fans and Barca itself with the legal brief they published.  Abidal himself couldn't have been more clear.

The only question is whether Abidal misspoke or not.  To date, he has retracted nothing and Thiago Silva even admitted he knew about this.  

Some may wonder why it pissed off Silva so much.  Well, when he was a young player, Thiago Silva suffered from tuberculosis when he was with Dynamo Moscow briefly in 2005...  He was in a hospital all alone for 4 months with only his mother and the club coach who felt responsible for convincing him to go there.  The club itself just dropped him.  The doctors suggested he get a part of his lungs removed, which he refused.  So he has personal reasons to be very sensitive to clubs abandoning  a player when he's sick...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:It's not an article ffs.  It's the full transcript of an interview.  All the words are directly his.  They didn't remove anything he said... nor did they add anything.

Thus they didn't add or remove context.  So how could it be out of context?

The only people i see that are trying to add editorial and assumptions into this are Barca fans and Barca itself with the legal brief they published.  Abidal himself couldn't have been more clear.

The only question is whether Abidal misspoke or not.  To date, he has retracted nothing and Thiago Silva even admitted he knew about this.  

Some may wonder why it pissed off Silva so much.  Well, when he was a young player, Thiago Silva suffered from tuberculosis when he was with Dynamo Moscow briefly in 2005...  He was in a hospital all alone for 4 months with only his mother and the club coach who felt responsible for convincing him to go there.  The club itself just dropped him.  The doctors suggested he get a part of his lungs removed, which he refused.  So he has personal reasons to be very sensitive to clubs abandoning  a player when he's sick...
Nice post, well spoken.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum