Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:40 am

Forza wrote:What I'm saying is that there's not much in these 52 pages acknowledging that Ozil is an absolutely top-class attacking midfielder whose contribution to the club has been immense. It's all "he was lazy, he has attitude problems, he wasn't defensively capable". Give the man some credit.
well, it's normal it appears that way because he left us a bit upset, we are all a bit disappointed in how it ended. Also, we can hardly call his contribution to the club "immense", but he has been a great madrid player for the past 3 years.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:45 am

Madrid fans are hilarious Laughing

Expecting all their players to be happy to sit on the bench in a WC year.

The entitlement never ends.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:46 am

I'll be honest... i'm very upset at Ozil for not fighting. I feel that he never showed Madrid his best and he had every opportunity, unlike others. It wouldn't have killed him to try and fit in with Carlo and then decide at the winter Mercato.

I'll get over it soon Laughing This international break was badly timed ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:50 am

yeah, i think you cant blame him for leaving. it served no one at the end to have the competition between higuain and benzema. HIguain left for his own good, and Benzema stayed only because he would get into a worse situation elsewhere and zidane... Ozil did good for himself, you cant criticize his choice imo, we can say he wasnt all that as a player but that's about it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 am

Crimson wrote:Ozil wasn't a match winner, he was creative and a brilliant player on his day for 60mins at a time but he could never really take a game by the scruff of the neck and win it for you, you didn't fear Mesut coming off the bench like you would with Di Maria, he just wasn't that sort of player.
Interestingly, for the German NT, Özil actually was a match winner in several occasions. His freekick strike against Ghana in 2010 comes to mind most vividly there. IMO it very much depends on the surroundings he is in.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:I'll be honest... i'm very upset at Ozil for not fighting.  I feel that he never showed Madrid his best and he had every opportunity, unlike others.  It wouldn't have killed him to try and fit in with Carlo and then decide at the winter Mercato.  

I'll get over it soon Laughing This international break was badly timed ffs.
I hate this 2 week international break at the start of the season. There have only been 2 games played in Serie A ffs. It just destroys all momentum and excitement. I want to see Ozil and all the other last minute transfers play for their new clubs already!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Forza wrote:It's funny how all the Madrid fans rush to discredit Ozil as soon as he leaves.
They are a fickle and disgraceful bunch, you saw before Modric joined how much they dissing him and now you see the same people wit Modric avatars rofl.

No doubt you will see the same with Bale, GL mehdridtics Proud.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:45 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Forza wrote:It's funny how all the Madrid fans rush to discredit Ozil as soon as he leaves.
They are a fickle and disgraceful bunch, you saw before Modric joined how much they dissing him and now you see the same people wit Modric avatars rofl.

Disgraceful bunch eh?

Sounds kinda unfair to be a victim of such generalizations, not only me but the others as well.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
Abramovich wrote:

Disgraceful bunch eh?

Sounds kinda unfair to be a victim of such generalizations, not only me but the others as well.
I think MT is unfairly called a bot tbh. This guy is the real bot, one infected with virus mind you

dont bother with him. he knows nothing about football which is why he never engages in a discussion and chips in with one/two sentenced posts just for the sake of posting. his posts are a waste of space on the thread page
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:18 pm

Abramovich wrote:

that's the equivalent of me saying that all chelsea fans called Marko Marin a genius signing, and still thought Torres was world class last season... you really want to go there?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Quite funny that some Madrid fans wanted Ozil to "stay and fight" in a fckin WC year Laughing

COME ON! Don't be that selfish.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Quite funny that some Madrid fans wanted Ozil to "stay and fight" in a fckin WC year Laughing

Ozil was a starter since the start of preseason and only lack of tracking back prevented him from finishing games. He would have been a starter now if he worked alittle harder defensively. Tbh he is not the only one Carlo has criticised or subbed due to lack of defending

Carlo has criticised Benzemas workrate and subbed out Marcelo twice in our last two games to chore up our defence

nobody has a guaranteed place in our team bar Ronaldo. if you want it you gotta show that you that you do. you didn't see Muller leave Bayern when they got Gotze or Kroos when they got Thiago. these can also lose their place in the Germany team if they get benched. If you are quality you wont have a problem with this. but there are some who are not happy with competition. Gonalons is another example of this who didn't go to Arsenal because he couldn't handle competition

now I am not one of those who wil discredit everything Ozil did for us because he was very important in the last three years. one of the first ones on the team sheet but I don't think you can blame Perez or the club for this. obviously they could have done more to convince him to stay but they have made it clear that if someone wants to leave they will do everything to help them make the move. And its clear the he wasn't "pushed" out but left on his own accord
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Let's not pretend Ozil never had to fight for anything the past 3 seasons, because he had but unlike some others he actually won it for 3 seasons in a row. His first season it's vs Mou's idea to play a defensive trivote in big games, the second seaons vs Kaka (with initially all the faith and hype that Kaka still has it) & Di Maria, the third one vs Di Maria & Modric.

How was he not a match winner or immense enough? Created most chances by far for us for 3 seasons he's here and although his important goals (like the one vs Bayern) weren't that much, he certainly had numerous important assists or moves.

Him leaving for whatever reason isn't going to change that.
I don't understand why anyone so convinced this is like the case of him running away. One doesn't just run away from Real Madrid at transfer deadline after like 2 days ago publicly saying that he's staying. Also suddenly moving to a new league is barely a safe choice people made it out to be.

Last edited by alexander mahone on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Quite funny that some Madrid fans wanted Ozil to "stay and fight" in a fckin WC year Laughing

To be fair, it would akin to Arsenal fans wanting RVP to stay and fight to win trophies instead of putting his tail between his legs and running to Manchester United.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Except Ozil is obviously not running to Arsenal to win trophies... he's going there to be "the man". Big fish, smaller pond...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:46 pm

AnJl wrote:

To be fair, it would akin to Arsenal fans wanting RVP to stay and fight to win trophies instead of putting his tail between his legs and running to Manchester United.
Nothing near the same

I still can't understand leaving a club like Real Madrid for a club like Arsenal.

Just shows literally no passion or commitment to be the best.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Crimson wrote:
AnJl wrote:

Nothing near the same

I still can't understand leaving a club like Real Madrid for a club like Arsenal.

You got to be joking.

You guys can't be that thick.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:53 pm

maybe wenger assured ozil that arsenal will be winning trophies in the near future, depends on what arsenal do in the next few transfer windows. they have already show'd intent by signing a player like ozil for a record fee, it may not be the last of the big spending.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:55 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:

Ozil was a starter since the start of preseason and only lack of tracking back prevented him from finishing games.  He would have been a starter now if he worked alittle harder defensively. Tbh he is not the only one Carlo has criticised or subbed due to lack of defending

Carlo has criticised Benzemas workrate and subbed out Marcelo twice in our last two games to chore up our defence

nobody has a guaranteed place in our team bar Ronaldo.   if you want it you gotta show that you that you do. you didn't see Muller leave Bayern when they got Gotze or Kroos when they got Thiago. these can also lose their place in the Germany team if they get benched. If you are quality you wont have a problem with this. but there are some who are not happy with competition. Gonalons is another example of this who didn't go to Arsenal because he couldn't handle competition

now I am not one of those who wil discredit everything Ozil did for us because he was very important in the last three years. one of the first ones on the team sheet but I don't think you can blame Perez or the club for this. obviously they could have done more to convince him to stay but they have made it clear that if someone wants to leave they will do everything to help them make the move. And its clear the he wasn't "pushed" out but left on his own accord
Its funny because if you weren't a Madrid fan, you would be saying the exact OPPOSITE.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:57 pm

AnJl wrote:

Apples and Orangers brah.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
AnJl wrote:

Apples and Orangers brah.
At least, that is what I personally felt or how I see it.

I can understand them being hurt and pissed by Ozil leaving, but they are trying to paper his 'problems' just to compensate the loss and it is just sounding ridiculous.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:03 pm

AnJl wrote:
Crimson wrote:
AnJl wrote:To be fair, it would akin to Arsenal fans wanting RVP to stay and fight to win trophies instead of putting his tail between his legs and running to Manchester United.
Nothing near the same

You got to be joking.

You guys can't be that thick.
Really because RVP, Fabregas, Nasi, Adebayor all seemed to think the same why I do.....

You can't be the best at a club that simply does not win anything, it's why good players leave small clubs for bigger ones in the first place
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Crimson wrote:
AnJl wrote:

Nothing near the same

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 38 Rage-comic-thats-butthurt
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Arsenal fans Proud
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:33 pm

Ozil was waiting for Utd, not Arsenal, you guys are like the default choice. Madrid to Arsenal is a heck of a step back
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Crimson wrote:it's why good players leave small clubs for bigger ones in the first place
Robben leaving Madrid for Munich suddenly makes sense Proud
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next