Twoism
Amar
Juveman17
Eman
Jay29
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 3 Aston Villa: Lost our heads Empty Arsenal 1 - 3 Aston Villa: Lost our heads

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:03 pm

I'll be doing things differently this year. With Arsenal TV membership now free, I'll have access to some decent highlights and will be able to breakdown moments in the game with the aid of screenshots. It takes a couple of hours for them to upload the highlights, so that won't be out until later.

In the meantime, I can still talk about the game, just not with as much detail.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 3 Aston Villa: Lost our heads Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 3 Aston Villa: Lost our heads

Post by Eman Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Good idea with the match reports Thumbs up

*bleep* Anthony Taylor. Koscielny got sent off for two yellows that weren't yellows at all, if even fouls, on top of the fact that he hadn't committed any other infringements all game, while players like Vlaar tackled and blocked off our players all game long and got 1 yellow at most. The only advantage of this is that now Wenger HAS to buy a CB this week.

I also want to say that Tomas Rosicky is by far our best player. Wilshere hasn't impressed me at all in a long, long time either; he shouldn't be starting games when other players are fit with the way he has been playing. Theo is our best Englishman, although he was shit today too. We suck asshole after internationals, and at home in general.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 3 Aston Villa: Lost our heads Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 3 Aston Villa: Lost our heads

Post by Juveman17 Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Wtf happened to you guys?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Laughing 

The ref was to blame, but we were utter shit the whole game after Giroud's goal. I was totally uneasy heading into this game cause Jack and Rambo CANNOT work together in the middle.

Cazorla played horrible and took us out of that game with that giveaway. Bad call on the penalty, but extremely lazy pass by Cazorla.

As for the chanting, the fans paid for those expensive tickets and they have every right to chant what they want, I don't always agree with some of the chants that are sung, but if I was spending the highest ticket prices in England and seeing that on the field, I would be pissed off as well.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Positive:

- 1st 20 minutes
- Rosicky and his great contribution in attack
- Promising display by Giroud

Negative

- The joke midfield
- The joke Defense
- Brainless Theo
- Boss red card
- Rapist ref
- Injuries
- Unfit Cazorla
- Helpless Wenger
- next 2 weeks of nerve wrecking, waiting fo panic buy

Last edited by Twoism on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:10 pm

I swear I've just seen Ramsey at CB.

I've been drinking heavily today.

What excuse does Wenger have?
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:11 pm

Yeah, the ref was terrible but we weren't good either. We were going to drop a lot of points without Arteta, but things got a lot worse today.

Wenger.... smh
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:13 pm

A humiliating defeat.

Wenger really needs mental help.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Someone let a Tottenham fan referee the game ffs
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:16 pm

TROPHYLESS: Season 9. Episode 1.

The worst part is, things will only get worse from here.:facepalm: 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 pm

I thought Arsenal TV was only temporarily free?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:17 pm

We were bad after the goal and the ref screwed us but this doesn't excuse Arsene Wenger from the lack of planning and preparation for the new season.

I didn't hear any news on Sagna, I hope he's alright that was nasty Shocked 
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Biggest 2 weeks of Wenger's career to date coming up.

His stubbornness is insane.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kogallo Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:19 pm

If you fail to plan you plan to fail. Start a season with a threadbare squad expect even 2 injuries to constitute a crisis. No ideas going forward and diabolical defending. Not really the start to the season you would want
Kogallo
Kogallo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyGooner Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:19 pm

I don't understand how Wenger didn't (god help us if he still doesn't) see how desperately we needed a DM. What was the issue with Gustavo??? He would've been perfect.....

JohnnyGooner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:22 pm

JohnnyGooner wrote:I don't understand how Wenger didn't (god help us if he still doesn't) see how desperately we needed a DM. What was the issue with Gustavo??? He would've been perfect.....
That was precisely the issue.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Rosicky was our best attacking player in this game , him and Giroud were the only ones who look threatning going forward. Theo and Santi were very poor but at least Santi has an excuse. Defensively we suffered without Arteta, I have no idea why Wenger thinks Jack and Ramsey can actually do a good job together in a defensive sense. Ramseys defending for Villa first penalty was just LOLS worthy. Ramsey is good at pressing and snapping at people ankle but he is not ready to a job there yet.
After this I can see our confidence being hit again, we will probs struggle through the next 5 games.

EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:28 pm

What would have happened had we played a better team?Shocked 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:What would have happened had we played a better team?Shocked 
probably win lol
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:31 pm

EL Patron wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:What would have happened had we played a better team?Shocked 
probably win lol
lol.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:33 pm

EL Patron wrote:Someone let a Tottenham fan referee the game ffs
\
Don't blame the ref.

We got what we deserved.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:34 pm

RG is lucky he doesn't have to see this mess Mad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:36 pm

furiouswindbottom wrote:
EL Patron wrote:Someone let a Tottenham fan referee the game ffs
\
Don't blame the ref.

We got what we deserved.
We did, but it's hard enough without a crap referee. I guess when things don't go our way, they really don't go our way.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Lack of width, lack of width, lack of width.

Walcott and Ox offer no width and nobody respects the crossing of Sagna and Gibbs. Teams just pack the middle and Arsenal are stuck in a traffic jam.

That said, Giroud and Rosicky got opportunities regardless. Giroud did well and Rosicky missed two one-on-ones... i can't say Rosicky was good because missing two of those is inexcusable.

Ref was a joke, yes. But the lineup and tactics were bad.

Mertesacker is not a very good CB btw.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Disregarding the issue of a lack of new personnel, it's easy to see what our problem was today. Villa played a very physical game where they got as close to our midfielders as possible, often times leaving a foot in or body checking them. It angered Arsenal and I think, because of that, they lost their focus. The problem was exasperated by several questionable referee decisions, one of which resulted in Villa's second penalty and the first of Koscielny's two yellow cards.

We had no rhythm or shape to our build-up play, partly because of Villa's tactics and partly because of our lack of composure and width. The game had a lot of fouls and turnovers and it suited Villa a lot more than us, especially when they had a lead.

Despite not playing that well, we did create three great chances and should have put away two of them. Tomas Rosicky found himself in a great goalscoring position twice after near-identical moves, but put his first shot over the bar and his second straight at the keeper. While it was great play to begin with, he should have scored at least one. Later on, Cazorla had a good chance but could only volley straight at the keeper.

By all accounts, this a game should not have lost. We had the chances to score and the first penalty was certainly avoidable. The third goal was inevitable given we were down to 10 men and pushing for an equaliser and overall we suffered for not having a good enough game plan and for reacting poorly to the circumstances in the game; perhaps this is another area in which Arteta's absence is keenly felt.

None of this is wholly surprising, unfortunately. The squad going into this game should have been a lot better.

It's difficult to be positive right now. We tempted fate by not making any additions to our midfield or defence and will now pay the price for it: Arteta out for six weeks, Gibbs off injured today with a head injury (should be okay, I think), Sagna went off after a nasty fall on the back of his neck and Koscielny is suspended. Going into the Fulham game, we may only have three fit and available defenders in the entire squad.

Moreover, if the fans were on the edge before today, they've just fallen off it. They're not happy and it'll poison the atmosphere at the Emirates. I wouldn't be surprised if we performed better against Fenerbahce and Fulham, purely because they're away from home.

That Champions League game has just become even more important. I don't even want to think what would happen if we didn't qualify.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next