Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney?

+6
Kick
Uncanny
fatman123
Art Morte
Shed
Abramovich
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney? Empty Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney?

Post by Abramovich Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:16

First to clear the air, yes I don't want Rooney in the team. However I do concede he's an upgrade on any of our strikers and will improve the team, however the cons for me massively outweigh the pros.

Eto'o -

Doesn't look very close though, his high wages is a ball ache but sounds like if he were to leave it would be a free transfer. I reckon he's an upgrade on any of our strikers, even if he's 32 I think he'd actually outrun both Torres and Ba in a sprint.

Pato -

This is the first summer in a long time that we actually HAVEN'T been linked with his fallen beast, he is an injury prone mofo but I'd love to take him. He'd be cheaper than shrek and younger.

Doumbia -

Also a beast, would be cheaper than Rooney. We have a fairly good relationship with CSKA afaik and would be an upgrade on all our current crop imo.

Any more suggestions?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney? Empty Re: Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney?

Post by Shed Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:23

Dat anti-Rooney denial Proud

Don't worry Abra, you'll learn to love Rughead once he joins :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney? Empty Re: Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney?

Post by Shed Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:27

As for the topic of the thread, I wouldn't say no to any of them, myself. Better than the dross we have now, that's for sure :facepalm:

Also wouldn't rule out Yilmaz just yet either :coffee: #sheddystips
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:45

Yes Yilmaz, anyone but shrek!!
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri 16 Aug 2013, 21:52

Would have thrown in the possibility of Jackson Martinez as well were it not for Porto's customary method of player valuation Rolling Eyes
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 16 Aug 2013, 22:02

Yeah I didn't include him because he's WAY WAY overpriced, would actually take Rooney over him for value lul.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri 16 Aug 2013, 22:13

Rugney is the best of this whole lot, though :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 16 Aug 2013, 22:45

Eto'o I can understand if he's easily available and has still got a good year or two left in him, but the rest of the names mentioned in this thread plus how some of you think your current strike force is "dross", I can't but shake my head.

Romelu Lukaku scored 17 goals for West fking Brom last season, what more can the man do to earn himself a proper chance at Chelsea instead of you lot dreaming of Pato or Yilmaz? Ba's strike ratio isn't exactly poor either while you've brought Schurrle in, too.

I can understand you wanting a proven world-class striker, but it's ridiculous of you guys to rate your current strikers as low as you seem to do.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 23:30

Shane Longs time to shine :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri 16 Aug 2013, 23:40

Art Morte wrote:Eto'o I can understand if he's easily available and has still got a good year or two left in him, but the rest of the names mentioned in this thread plus how some of you think your current strike force is "dross", I can't but shake my head.

Romelu Lukaku scored 17 goals for West fking Brom last season, what more can the man do to earn himself a proper chance at Chelsea instead of you lot dreaming of Pato or Yilmaz? Ba's strike ratio isn't exactly poor either while you've brought Schurrle in, too.

I can understand you wanting a proven world-class striker, but it's ridiculous of you guys to rate your current strikers as low as you seem to do.

Torres is woeful and Ba has been worse than average - some would even say found out. Neither is taking Chelsea anywhere and even Lukaku is still a young, unproven player who could go either way this season. Depending on a 20-year-old kid to win you things is a risk a club in Chelsea's position can't and shouldn't have to take. All of the players mentioned in this thread have very good records in their current leagues and, while they, like any transfer, aren't sure-fire certainties, have the quality and experience to contribute to the team in the way the likes of Torres and Ba have failed to do.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat 17 Aug 2013, 00:05

Lukaku 17 goals last season hmm
Ba 15 goals last season hmm
Torres chipped in with 8 and Schurrle is pretty much a striker, too.

With your midfield it shouldn't be a problem to get goals out of those players and it would certainly be daft to bring in another good-but-not-world-class striker. You should have gotten Mario Gomez but the names you're throwing around in this thread are about nothing but signing a player for the sake of it rather than they actually being upgrades on your current forwards.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat 17 Aug 2013, 00:16

First of all pato would limp off within the first 45 mins of a match in the PL and be out for the season.  Eto is 32 years old and though he is still good, don't think it's a good idea.  We are set with out current attackers, and I think Rooney is better than any of the attackers mentioned here.  If he ain't coming shurrlle is a CF as well.  We will be fine going into the season, the only thing I'm worried about is city have a striker called aguero, united have van persie, Liverpool have Suarez, would be nice to have someone match their calibre in front of goal.  I don't look down on our strikers, I like them, but our finishing is rather poor.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat 17 Aug 2013, 00:26

Art Morte wrote:Lukaku 17 goals last season hmm

With your midfield it shouldn't be a problem to get goals out of those players and it would certainly be daft to bring in another good-but-not-world-class striker. You should have gotten Mario Gomez but the names you're throwing around in this thread are about nothing but signing a player for the sake of it rather than they actually being upgrades on your current forwards.
Drogba left a pretty big void when he left, Torres looked good in the beginning of last season and started to fade away, Ba came in the second part with 13 goals for Newcastle, I think he did a decent job for us, but it didn't really help our attacking woes as much as we all thought it would. But towards the end I felt like Torres did push himself more, which was what we all needed him to do throughout the season. With lukaku he did score an impressive amount and he will be getting his grand chance to shine. Overall I think it is motivation which mou will give our attackers to be the best.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat 17 Aug 2013, 00:30

You can dress it up however you like but the numbers and the performances don't lie. Ba scored 2 for Chelsea in the League in 5 months, Torres scored 8 in 36 (and against mostly relegation teams, at that) for the entire season, and Lukaku scored the majority of his goals coming on as a sub against tired defences and on the counter. Schurrle is not a striker and never will be (and don't give us the "he 'can' play there" argument because you could use that line for just about every attacking mid). Eto'o, Doumbia, Yilmaz, etc. would all be good additions to contribute to the team's goalscoring given the absence of marquee center-forwards available. Going into the season with just the 3 we have now would all but guarantee another season of struggles akin to previous 2 with subpar strikeforces produced.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 00:50

Chelsea played waaaayyyy more games then anyone else last season, those numbers should be much higher
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat 17 Aug 2013, 01:00

fatman123 wrote:
Chelsea played waaaayyyy more games then anyone else last season, those numbers should be much higher

Especially when you consider that 13 of those 15 from Ba were for Newcastle and Lukaku wasn't even a Chelsea player last season rofl

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat 17 Aug 2013, 02:03

I wouldn't want to add eto, doumbia, or yilmaz to our squad, bc however you put it, that's what we thought Ba would be. Remember when all you guys said "finally a real striker".
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat 17 Aug 2013, 02:08

I think any on the mentioned list would do. The more experienced the better, Gives Lukaku more of a chance at gametime.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat 17 Aug 2013, 02:13

Uncanny wrote:I wouldn't want to add eto, doumbia, or yilmaz to our squad, bc however you put it, that's what we thought Ba would be.  Remember when all you guys said "finally a real striker".

By that logic, we should never buy another striker again.

Some transfers work, some don't. Ba, like many others, did well being a big fish in a smallish pond. The step up to Chelsea proved too much for him. Hardly sets a standard.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sat 17 Aug 2013, 04:42

Shed wrote:
Uncanny wrote:I wouldn't want to add eto, doumbia, or yilmaz to our squad, bc however you put it, that's what we thought Ba would be.  Remember when all you guys said "finally a real striker".
By that logic, we should never buy another striker again.

Some transfers work, some don't. Ba, like many others, did well being a big fish in a smallish pond. The step up to Chelsea proved too much for him. Hardly sets a standard.

Nah not saying that, I feel those players will bring pretty much what Ba brought to the table. I'm pretty much saying if we sign a striker, he needs to be very highly rated, or we are just going to have too many attackers that are just ehh in front of goal.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Sat 17 Aug 2013, 05:25

Yilmaz or Martinez that it.
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 06:24

Faith in Lukaku :coffee: 
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat 17 Aug 2013, 16:14

I have "faith" in Lukaku, but he isn't THAT good right now. He has alot to work on...
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat 17 Aug 2013, 16:38

Abramovich wrote:I have "faith" in Lukaku, but he isn't THAT good right now. He has alot to work on...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 21:03

Abramovich wrote:I have "faith" in Lukaku, but he isn't THAT good right now. He has alot to work on...
I know, I will get a lot of bashing later on in this thread(or forum or in real life Razz ) if he screws up.. but I'd like to take a risk. Smile
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum