Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney?

+6
Kick
Uncanny
fatman123
Art Morte
Shed
Abramovich
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney? - Page 2 Empty Re: Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney?

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Abramovich wrote:I have "faith" in Lukaku, but he isn't THAT good right now. He has alot to work on...
I know, I will get a lot of bashing later on in this thread(or forum or in real life Razz ) if he screws up.. but I'd like to take a risk. Smile

iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney? - Page 2 Empty Re: Realistic (ish) players you would take over Rooney?

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:29 am

Moved on: Soldado, Negredo, Cavani, Falcao, Gomez, Bony, Jovetic

Not leaving: Ibra, Suarez, Kiessling, Lewandowski, Rooney

Available: Martinez, Yilmaz
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Damn I didn't know bout Soldado Sad Would have been nice to see him wearing Blue!
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:50 am

Meh, I wouldn't have got Soldado.

Today showed that if we do not buy Rooney, Torres is still going to start. Any cheaper alternatives will suffer the same fate as Ba.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:12 am

Kick wrote:Today showed that if we do not buy Rooney, Torres is still going to start.

Not necessarily. Think Mourinho just used him today because it was against a beyond hopeless side (hoping he could score, get off to a good start and get confidence going, etc.) and save either Lukaku or Ba for Villa and United in the next few days.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:14 am

I am not so sure, I would have started Lukaku, personally.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:18 am

Provided he probably wanted to start one today and and one against Villa/United, this is precisely the game I would have started Torres in.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:21 am

I wouldn't have started Torres in any tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:26 am

Same, but he has to at least appear to be giving him a chance, even if he does know it's an exercise in futility. When he fails to perform, he'll have soild reason to marginalise him rather than doing it from the get-go and be accused of not giving him a proper chance.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:28 am

I would have rather just sent him to train with the youth teams, maybe then he could have some fair opponents.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:34 am

Would be a dream come true....

Sadly it'll never happen No

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 am

I know, I long for the day where we can just Malouda him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:22 am

Its just a case of showing the public, here is the proof. He is not BACK! Now LUKAKU, come in.. and we played better after.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:32 am

Uncanny wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Lukaku 17 goals last season hmm
Ba 15 goals last season hmm
Torres chipped in with 8 and Schurrle is pretty much a striker, too.

With your midfield it shouldn't be a problem to get goals out of those players and it would certainly be daft to bring in another good-but-not-world-class striker. You should have gotten Mario Gomez but the names you're throwing around in this thread are about nothing but signing a player for the sake of it rather than they actually being upgrades on your current forwards.
Drogba left a pretty big void when he left, Torres looked good in the beginning of last season and started to fade away, Ba came in the second part with 13 goals for Newcastle, I think he did a decent job for us, but it didn't really help our attacking woes as much as we all thought it would.  But towards the end I felt like Torres did push himself more, which was what we all needed him to do throughout the season.  With lukaku he did score an impressive amount and he will be getting his grand chance to shine.  Overall I think it is motivation which mou will give our attackers to be the best.
The void was already there from the beginning of his last season Laughing. As much as he was huge for us in the CL, he gave a lot of shit performances that season. More often than not, he was awful for most of that season(lazy too). Fortunately, he delivered at the right time.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:33 am

How about Ibra?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 am

Ibra isn't realistic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:58 am

Why not?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 am

PSG have no reason to sell, Ibra is on a long contract, he is happy at the club and would cost us a fair amount.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 am

But...but...... Cavani :'(
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:24 am

I know Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:22 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Uncanny wrote:

With your midfield it shouldn't be a problem to get goals out of those players and it would certainly be daft to bring in another good-but-not-world-class striker. You should have gotten Mario Gomez but the names you're throwing around in this thread are about nothing but signing a player for the sake of it rather than they actually being upgrades on your current forwards.
Drogba left a pretty big void when he left, Torres looked good in the beginning of last season and started to fade away, Ba came in the second part with 13 goals for Newcastle, I think he did a decent job for us, but it didn't really help our attacking woes as much as we all thought it would.  But towards the end I felt like Torres did push himself more, which was what we all needed him to do throughout the season.  With lukaku he did score an impressive amount and he will be getting his grand chance to shine.  Overall I think it is motivation which mou will give our attackers to be the best.
The void was already there from the beginning of his last season Laughing. As much as he was huge for us in the CL, he gave a lot of shit performances that season. More often than not, he was awful for most of that season(lazy too). Fortunately, he delivered at the right time.
Yea your right we have been having striker issues since 10/11 season, but like I said, I really think its all about motivation. I know Lukaku wants to burst, and I want torres to keep fighting, and I also want Ba to not think he is no. 2 or no. 3 and want to fight to be a reliable striker (ba does score great goals, just not reliable for us).
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Shed wrote:

You can dress it up however you like but the numbers and the performances don't lie. Ba scored 2 for Chelsea in the League in 5 months, Torres scored 8 in 36 (and against mostly relegation teams, at that) for the entire season, and Lukaku scored the majority of his goals coming on as a sub against tired defences and on the counter. Schurrle is not a striker and never will be (and don't give us the "he 'can' play there" argument because you could use that line for just about every attacking mid). Eto'o, Doumbia, Yilmaz, etc. would all be good additions to contribute to the team's goalscoring given the absence of marquee center-forwards available. Going into the season with just the 3 we have now would all but guarantee another season of struggles akin to previous 2 with subpar strikeforces produced.
hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:47 pm

A single experimental line-up proves nothing. Come see me when he plays 15 or 20 games there.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that "never" meant that he still can play as striker, as long as it's not more often than "sometimes", which is, err... Well, my dictionary says that "sometimes" - or even a "single time" - is more often than "never"... And he's playing striker today, so... Well, carry on.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Shed wrote:A single experimental line-up proves nothing. Come see me when he plays 15 or 20 games there.
Not like tonight was the first time he's ever played there...
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Matt Law: Why Jose Mourinho should offer Juan Mata in exchange for Wayne Rooney:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-juan-mata-2228288

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Say, why don't we offer up Lukaku in exchange for Cameron Jerome, Courtois in exchange for Julian Speroni, and Hazard in exchange for Nathan Dyer while we're at it?! rofl

Berk

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next